AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Music (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Kajiura Yuki discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7055)

RyuHayabusa 2004-02-09 21:44

Kajiura Yuki discussion

Sorry if this has been posted, but have you guys bought "Fiction" by Yuki Kajiura? what did you guys think of it? I bought it today at Fry's Electronics, and thank god it was the last CD copy they had. I bought it because of the songs from .hack. I liked it a lot. I like the new versions of Canta Per Me and since Key of The Twilight is one of my fav all time songs, I had to have it. I missed seeing her at AX last year and hopefully she comes to a US con sooon. Anyhoo, enough rambling, let the discussion begin ^_^

Mr_Anonomis 2004-02-09 21:59

wow...what lively disscussion...anyway, i wanted to get it but i dont have any money right now :mad:

Chiaki Nozomi 2004-02-10 21:55

I bought the cd along with Yoko Ishida's 'Sweets' (the last time I buy a cd because I liked one track... :( ) And enjoyed it, until I lost it for about five months, then found it, then loved it, then got over it when the next big thing wandered over. At first I didn't like the new version of 'canta per me' because I was so used to the original one. Then it grew on me. I thought the track order was jarring (kinda like Gackt's track ordering) but like all things, I got over it. Man, 'Key of Twilight' used to be one of the songs on my playlist... then drifted away as it got old... The cd is nice to listen to when I write fantasy and sometimes sci-fi. But usually I prefer my celtic cds or the Escaflowne OSTs.

Yuki Kajiura is one of my favorite composers, though. ^_^.

Shigan 2004-04-15 14:45

What shows are Kajiura composing to this year?

Title says most of it. I know Kajiura Yuki is doing music to Madlax, again being coped with Beetrain, and this is hopefully gonna be good.

But I heard that she's gonna do music for another serie, called My Princess or something, anyone know anyhting about this?

Ok, I guess it's stupid to choose show after it's composer but hey, I think she's divine, shoot me ^^

j1m0ne 2004-04-15 17:09

It's not stupid; I also intend to watch the shows Kajiura-san is doing the music for. I mean, I actually watched Aquarian Age just cos she did the music, even though the show sucked big time :heh:

Back to the topic; yes, she's doing the music for Sunrise show Mai Hime which only starts in July, as well as for the OVA series le Portrait de petit cossette which just started.

AND Kajiura-san's also doing the music for the next Xenosaga game. Busy year for her it seems.

Shigan 2004-04-15 17:36

Oh great, now I'll have another must-play-game on the list ^^

You mean Xenosaga II then? or III?

*runs off to download the french sounding thing*

j1m0ne 2004-04-16 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shigan
Oh great, now I'll have another must-play-game on the list ^^

You mean Xenosaga II then? or III?

*runs off to download the french sounding thing*

It's Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose(German for 'Beyond Good and Evil) for PS2, though a release date is yet to be confirmed. Also there's rumours the music will actually be co-composed with Shinji Hosoe (who has a long discography including music for Metroids Prime & Fusion, Ridge Racer and Beatmania) and not solely by Kajiura-san.

Circular Logic 2005-12-22 06:00

Kajiura Yuki - Fiction

Has anybody else got this CD? I think it's amazing, one of my best. I absolutely loved the music from Noir, and this CD just seems to have more vocal tracks which were my favorite tracks in Noir. My particular favourites are the Salva Nos and Canta Per Me remixes. It's got remixes from Noir and Aquarian Age; I highly recommend it.

Mentar 2005-12-22 18:55

*adds it to his DVDpacific order*

That sounds exactly like something I want to own.

Shiroth 2005-12-22 19:26

Its something i wouldn't mind owning, but only if i had some spare money. ^^;;

warpshadow 2005-12-23 19:01

It's a nice cd. If you don't spend that much money on anime music it works as a poor man's Noir, .hack and aquarian age osts all in one.

spudman 2005-12-25 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar
*adds it to his DVDpacific order*

That sounds exactly like something I want to own.

Be aware that the US & Japanese releases are different, with the Japanese version having three extra tracks. Those tracks being "red rose", "lullaby", and "echo".

Wattstax 2005-12-26 12:48

I bought the japanese version. It was worth the money although most songs are on the Soundtracks as well (and I have the most of them). There are some changes in the arrengements, especially different singers.
But the Noir-Version of Lullaby is better, Canta per me still is fantastic.

Sinestra 2006-01-11 19:37

Sound likes something id like i love the music from Noir and Madlax andone know where i can get it?

Catafriggm 2006-02-02 22:50

Yuki Kajiura - What Else is Good?

When I first watched Madlax, I quickly became infatuated with its awesome and/or beautiful music. A while after that (I don't do anything quickly) I bought both OSTs, and I love them. I saw the music was by Yuki Kajiura, and looked up other series by her on Anime News Network. I hadn't seen any of the others that she did; I'm currently watching Noir, and while I'm not done with it, the music doesn't seem to be in the same league as Madlax (although it certainly could be worse). So, what would you guys recommend, as far as the best Kajiura music?

Slayerx 2006-02-03 00:11

Yuki Kajira is one of my favorite composers ^^

I would definatly suggest the .Hack// series (the series that got me hooked on her music), as well as Tsubasa Chronicles

She also did a number of other series and such
Here's the link that lists all the work she's done
Yuki Kajiura

Noir is one of her older titles, she's tends to just get better as she goes
She really is a musical genius ^^

darkchibi07 2006-02-03 00:50

Get the Petite Cossette OST! It's haunting yet very beautiful. Hmmm, I wonder that goes the same for the Boogiepop and Others movie. :rolleyes:

Circular Logic 2006-02-03 01:40

She's also done Aquarian Age, and you can get her own album, Fiction, off somewhere like CD Japan.

Radiosity 2006-02-03 17:57

Get the Mai HiME OST's, they're some of her best IMHO. Mai HiME was what got me hooked on her music and I've never looked back since :D Mai Otome seems to have some good stuff too, but I haven't personally heard that one yet.

And Madlax does have some incredibly good music in it. Personal faves would be the title track (Madlax, duh lol), We Are One, and of course my #1 would be Margaret, such a nice piece of music that fits Margaret's character perfectly.

Varion 2006-02-03 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiosity
Get the Mai HiME OST's, they're some of her best IMHO. Mai HiME was what got me hooked on her music and I've never looked back since :D Mai Otome seems to have some good stuff too, but I haven't personally heard that one yet.

Agreed with HiME. Both OSTs are excellent, 2 is much darker but 1 has Mezame. Try and find a Kajiura fan that doesn't like Mezame :) Otome's music is much more debated but I enjoyed the first OST enough to recommend it wholeheartedly. .hack//SIGN is another good example, that one's MUCH more vocal. Tsubasa Chronicle I'm sure someone's going to mention but I personally found that one kinda... eh :/ There were some good tracks (Song of Storm and Fire, Yume no Tsubasa) so it's probably worth checking out for those but I wouldn't judge Kajiura as a whole from that soundtrack. I'm sure someone's going to disagree with me though. If you like vocal songs she's written go get some of the Gundam Seed vocals too - don't care if you watch the anime, but tracks like Fields of Hope, Mizu no Akashi, Akatsuki no Kuruma, Shinkai no Kodoku, Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru are definitely worth listening to.

That should do for now - although Madlax's OST is that good? I haven't actually seen it or heard it's OST and love Kajiura's works. If you really think so I'll have to pick it up sometime - although I've heard Hitomi no Kakera and Nowhere. They rule. A lot.