AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Major 2nd (Season 2) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=154359)

Stark700 2019-10-06 11:06

Major 2nd (Season 2)

Major Second is getting a second season. Coming next year in Spring 2020.

Source
https://twitter.com/Wsstalkback/stat...73726843338755

Guardian Enzo 2020-04-04 20:32

Major, Watanabe Ayumu, great. No surprises there.

BWTraveller 2020-04-05 00:33

Nice start. Looks like Daigo had a little harem going for a short while. Not that any of those ladies would dare actually take him from Mutsuko. Newcomers got put in their place, got some good baseball action, some DaigoXMutsuko shots, yeah I'd say a rather satisfying first ep.

ditn 2020-04-06 02:25

really enjoyed the first episode glad its back :)

Ulin 2020-04-08 10:41

Solid first episode, but that thing about girls not being able to participate in the same competitions is just for High School? Not that I care, but I was wondering what was going to happen with Mutsuko

BWTraveller 2020-04-08 11:23

Yeah, from what I've read girls can participate in junior high. Actually, I think they're allowed to play in high school as well, they just can't play in Koushien. I at the least know that they can't play there. A female manager got in trouble for just stepping out into the field, not to play just to take care of something in a timeout. From when the game starts until it ends, no females are allowed on that field for any reason apparently.

Another thing I noticed, which doesn't surprise me, is how much they cut out the fanservice in this series. The manga has a whole lot of scenes in the girls' changing rooms with the girls chatting in their underwear, but of course for a TV series that's not aimed at that crowd, there's nothing but a few spots of discussion before they even take off their ties. Oh well, certainly doesn't detract from the show.

Ulin 2020-04-08 11:51

I don't really care about fanservice in this series. In fact, I almost prefer there isn't so much so we can focus in the relationships and the sport ;)

BWTraveller 2020-04-08 13:18

Agreed. It was just so common in the manga that it was hard not to notice. But as I said, it certainly doesn't detract anything from the show. I'm mainly watching for the relationships (especially between Musuko and Daigo), so whether major conversations have the girls dressed or not makes no real difference. Really some of those sorts of cuts have improved this in the past. For instance, I recall in the original Mutsuko convinced her father to let her join the team by offering to bathe with him for the first time in two years, then asking his permission before going in and washing his back in her swimsuit, while her dad's just sitting there thinking he'd been tricked. Seriously seems kind of odd, even a little creepy, despite knowing the differences in what the Japanese consider acceptable. On the other hand, the anime has her get in an argument with both parents over the dinner table and gives a heartfelt explanation of what she loves about the game. Again, big improvement.

Guardian Enzo 2020-04-08 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulin (Post 6410825)
Solid first episode, but that thing about girls not being able to participate in the same competitions is just for High School? Not that I care, but I was wondering what was going to happen with Mutsuko

In theory, girls can play high school baseball here. But the vast majority of schools don't allow it (lots of middle schools don't either), and there are no overriding rules preventing them from doing so. For these girls, their best bet would be finding a (rare) high school with a girls team.

Ulin 2020-04-09 03:49

It's just that I remember all the drama in Cross Game because Aoba couldn't play at all... and then here we have this and I was a bit, "what?"
Thanks ^^

BWTraveller 2020-04-09 10:09

Well honestly it makes sense that a high school might not allow girls on the team, since, currently, that'd mean you'd have major players who're banned from the final, biggest game.

Laevatein 2020-04-09 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 6410899)
In theory, girls can play high school baseball here. But the vast majority of schools don't allow it (lots of middle schools don't either), and there are no overriding rules preventing them from doing so. For these girls, their best bet would be finding a (rare) high school with a girls team.

In fact, in the last episode of S1, Izumi mentioned she chose her high school specifically because it had a girls' baseball team.

Guardian Enzo 2020-04-09 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWTraveller (Post 6411007)
Well honestly it makes sense that a high school might not allow girls on the team, since, currently, that'd mean you'd have major players who're banned from the final, biggest game.

Yeah, I don't doubt that - as long as Koushien has those rules, high schools are only acting logically. It is what it is.

But it goes even farther than that. Girls are banned from even stepping onto the field at Koushien during tournament weeks. That means no batting practice pitchers, no female managers, no coaches. To me, that's just stupid (and sadly, indicative of how paternalistic this country still is).

ditn 2020-04-10 04:15

wtf thats crazy? not even sure what to say on that

BWTraveller 2020-04-11 21:13

Funny, I make those comments about fanservice being cut and the first scene replaces the sister in shirt and panties with sister in spats. Seriously, why would Daigo get upset about his sister wearing spats? Oh well.

And of course, it's going to take quite a while for the new kids to properly fit in and work as a proper team. Just when he got a LITTLE respect from one, two more show up and one's even worse. And of course, neither she nor Daigo realize Mutsuko's real feelings.

serenade_beta 2020-04-11 23:03

*hears a little about this in the JP community*
*tries it*

...Wow, this is actually pretty good. Story-wise too, but most importantly, it also takes its time to please its male audi... Well, the fact most of the characters are female in the first place.
But apparently it is censored from the manga. Shower scene, pantsu... NHKeeeeeee!! Alas... :T_T:

But that aside, it is still good. Never watched the first season though.
Also, the gyaru(?)'s voice is weird.

Blaat 2020-04-25 13:42

Shame this anime is going on a hiatus, I haven't been this into Major since the early Daigo seasons. :heh:

Also something I've been wondering is the mother of Chisato a previously established character?

Guardian Enzo 2020-04-25 19:24

Not that I'm aware of, but obviously something is going on there.

I'm gutted about this postponement, even though I was expecting it.

Blaat 2020-04-26 16:01

That certainly changed my perception of that scene, I assumed it was a character cameo and now it's mother is distant to her daughter scene.

ditn 2020-04-27 02:24

I wonder is it just me or are the edges always blurred white?
its like there is a fog on the edges

you can see it here
https://lostinanime.com/2020/04/major-2nd-season-2-02/