AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-05-27 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonLightShadows (Post 4179264)
I wasnt thinking of getting any new age kits, Untill i saw the bright green for the Shaldoll an the blue for the Adele, An the Pink Farsia. :D really bright colors


Why do you kit builders get all the good stuff? :(

Seriously, if AGE is a failiure in both merchandise and viewings, why does Bandai keep pumping out the kits?

Providenceangle 2012-05-27 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 4179349)
Why do you kit builders get all the good stuff? :(

Seriously, if AGE is a failiure in both merchandise and viewings, why does Bandai keep pumping out the kits?

The same reason you get spam email. Gundam is a plot device to sell model kits lol.

Everyone seems to be drawing attention to how colourful MSs are now. Gundams and other MSs have always been colourful. Even when you look at the original Mobible suit Gundam anime with Amuro. Why would you ever paint a space mobile suit white? Let alone bright blue and red. lol

Oh and my almost finished custom GM custom:


Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-27 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4179483)
Why would you ever paint a space mobile suit white?

Well, the US's Space Shuttle is white. So, why not? ;)

Providenceangle 2012-05-27 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4179513)
Well, the US's Space Shuttle is white. So, why not? ;)

It's not a military weapon? lol Why doesn't every country paint their tanks and jets bright red?

But yeah, I've got a hunger for grunt suits. I'll probably buy some of the age series too. I'll end up heavily modifying them but, I will spend the coin to get them.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-27 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4179520)
It's not a military weapon? lol Why doesn't every country paint their tanks and jets bright red?

I'm only talking about white color. And it's not that impossible to have your war machines colored white. For example: US's Predator UAC/UAV.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NI-ZI81F_Z...52813%2529.jpg

Providenceangle 2012-05-27 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4179532)
I'm only talking about white color. And it's not that impossible to have your war machines colored white. For example: US's Predator UAC/UAV.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NI-ZI81F_Z...52813%2529.jpg

UAV doesn't have people on it. Yes there are things that are white. Like UN vehicles. It's still not tactically wise to paint your military weapons contrasting colours. Why not paint a bulls-eye on yourself?

Edit:I don't mean to be rude either. Always great to debate things and share opinions.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-27 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4179559)
UAV doesn't have people on it. Yes there are things that are white. Like UN vehicles. It's still not tactically wise to paint your military weapons contrasting colours. Why not paint a bulls-eye on yourself?

Yeah, but I never said anything about "tactically wise" to paint it white. I said it's not that impossible for a war machine (UAV counts) to be colored white.

No offense here too. I love good debate :D.

Btw, here's some Predator advertisement:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__jAui5OTsR...machinepj9.gif

So, who wants to rent it?

Providenceangle 2012-05-27 21:33

Well for me. White is a go to colour. Cars and Gundams alike, look great in a good white paintjob/scheme. Part of why it's so fun to gunpla and be interested in model kits. Pure fun. You don't need to worry about real life stuff. Just about how to keep your gundams from falling over lol.

suiton629 2012-05-28 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4179241)
i can see them releasing a wing zero TV version but again, the EW version is just fine! it doesnt need a new release...

But I mean say that it does.. What do you think would change?

Appel 2012-05-28 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4180697)
But I mean say that it does.. What do you think would change?

mostly the hands. it would probably get the same fixed hands that all the other new MG wing models have.
other than that probably a sturdier frame similar to the wing gundam TV versions frame. they would recycle it to a certain degree.
its actually really hard for me to think about things they could change because i really like the wing EW the way it is right now^^

suiton629 2012-05-28 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4180715)
mostly the hands. it would probably get the same fixed hands that all the other new MG wing models have.
other than that probably a sturdier frame similar to the wing gundam TV versions frame. they would recycle it to a certain degree.
its actually really hard for me to think about things they could change because i really like the wing EW the way it is right now^^

That's basically all that I'm asking for, and if Bandai could profit w/ minimal time and resources put into it, don't you think they should?

Appel 2012-05-28 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4180739)
That's basically all that I'm asking for, and if Bandai could profit w/ minimal time and resources put into it, don't you think they should?

well, yes and no...
on the one hand the current MG wing zero EW is crazy popular and almost everyone who builds gunpla and likes wing owns it. so they already made a fuckton of money with it.
on the other hand the wing zero itself is VERY popular and bandai loves to milk franchises. so a "2.0" version would probably sell very well, too.
however, so far they have only made new versions for really terrible kits. like the original MG zeta. kits like the wing zero or the hyaku shiki dont really need those updates... there are other kits that really need them, like the MGs from stardust memory.

FalsePrime 2012-05-28 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4180758)
well, yes and no...
on the one hand the current MG wing zero EW is crazy popular and almost everyone who builds gunpla and likes wing owns it. so they already made a fuckton of money with it.
on the other hand the wing zero itself is VERY popular and bandai loves to milk franchises. so a "2.0" version would probably sell very well, too.
however, so far they have only made new versions for really terrible kits. like the original MG zeta. kits like the wing zero or the hyaku shiki dont really need those updates... there are other kits that really need them, like the MGs from stardust memory.

This is why I thought that Wing Zero EW 2.0 was unlikely, that and the reissue of Wing Gundam EW made it so it would be highly unlikely they would do it when they already threw away their recolor package chance.

That said, I do believe there is one strong possiblity for Wing Zero 2.0, and that i Snow White. Depending on how close they stick to the Wing/Zero design I don't see Bandai wanting to release a brand new kit, of a brand new suit that is a lead based on a Frame from 2004.

As it is Wing Zero MG is already based on Wing EW so they could market it as Wing Zero finally getting it's own inner frame, play up the newness of it and then turn and reuse a good deal of it on Snow White, so they would still cash in on Zero as well as have a frame that is good enough to try and sell as a brand new kit.

Bashfulz 2012-05-28 20:51

still working on my HG Titus :( :( only the lower half is complete

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/Untitled.jpg


Providenceangle 2012-05-29 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashfulz (Post 4181327)

I usually do the top half first. Looks good so far though, keep it up.

I donno how I'm going to get time to work on anything...

Just got this:


Bonta Kun 2012-05-29 13:41

What happens when you bring one of the worlds best toy together with something like gundam?

You get this!

I seriously miss playing around with that s***!:D

EDIT: Full Article

duotiga 2012-05-30 09:54

going to start...as request....

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...tiny_heine.jpg

Appel 2012-05-30 11:25

got the waterslide decals for my MG zeta 2.0 in the mail today^^
i really needed those. because i wanted to display it with my MK-II 2.0 which has all decals on it, that would have looked rather lame together.

http://www.abload.de/img/img_108790m9g.jpg

they arent the real bandai decals but the quality was greate nontheless!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-30 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4183679)
going to start...as request....
*Destiny Heine*

Wow, I never thought that you're gonna start this quick on it. :D

Imagine a MG Destiny Heine with Wing of Light :uhoh:. That's a sight to behold. :D

aeriolewinters 2012-05-31 02:09

http://i.imgur.com/KIqRS.jpg
HG 1/144 DarkHound and G-Exes Jackedge

http://i.imgur.com/LmFKV.jpg


http://i.imgur.com/vqOyt.jpg
1/100 MG AGE-2 Normal

suiton629 2012-05-31 05:48

MG 1/100 Gundam AGE-2 Normal (Release Date: Aug 2012, Price: 4200 yen)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oLb5hoesuW...A/s1600/55.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ADIVyooEq8...w/s1600/56.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-s-Yew5Hxjp...I/s1600/57.jpg

HG 1/144 Dark Hound (Release Date: Jul 2012, Price: 1260 yen)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dxQf3Po-p1...o/s1600/61.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CcTNLbHeji...o/s1600/62.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1hHntWD-K1...A/s1600/63.jpg

HG 1/144 G-EXES Jackedge (Release Date: July 2012, Price: 1,260 yen)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_r660t7Kif.../s1600/123.jpg

HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-3 Orbital (Release Date: Aug 2012, Price: 1800 yen)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U8kTTBmPCf...Y/s1600/51.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Go4OZ0DUsd...c/s1600/52.jpg

Akyra 2012-05-31 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4183826)
got the waterslide decals for my MG zeta 2.0 in the mail today^^
i really needed those. because i wanted to display it with my MK-II 2.0 which has all decals on it, that would have looked rather lame together.

http://www.abload.de/img/img_108790m9g.jpg

they arent the real bandai decals but the quality was greate nontheless!

Are they Bandai bases?...wouldn't mind getting a few of those.

Appel 2012-05-31 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akyra (Post 4185111)
Are they Bandai bases?...wouldn't mind getting a few of those.

those bases come with the MG MK-II 2.0 and the MG zeta 2.0. thats the only way to get them.
the base of the MG zeta (the one on the right in this photo) also acts as a regular action base for aerial poses for both the zeta and the MK-II.
you can check that out in dalongs review: http://dalong.net/review/mg/m87/m87_p.htm
the base for the MK-II (the one that the zeta is standing on) just has that little movable plattform that you can put the pilot figure on.

Akyra 2012-05-31 06:59

Ah, cheers for that Appel...I was hoping to get them for my Wing series MGs.

I wouldn't mind getting the MkII and Zeta anyway. Next time when I visit HK...next time...lol

Appel 2012-05-31 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akyra (Post 4185167)
Ah, cheers for that Appel...I was hoping to get them for my Wing series MGs.

I wouldn't mind getting the MkII and Zeta anyway. Next time when I visit HK...next time...lol

i enjoyed my MG MK-II 2.0 a lot but the zeta 2.0 was a pretty big disappointment in my opinion^^ it was fun to build and looks great but it has even more problems than the MG delta plus in my opinion... it feels even more wobbly than the delta XD
i can recommend it but only because it looks amazing. which is also why i recommend the delta plus.

duotiga 2012-05-31 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4184685)
Wow, I never thought that you're gonna start this quick on it. :D

Imagine a MG Destiny Heine with Wing of Light :uhoh:. That's a sight to behold. :D

well the yellow beam saber parts should by right have yellow wings of light too but too bad does not include =\

Appel 2012-05-31 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4185263)
well the yellow beam saber parts should by right have yellow wings of light too but too bad does not include =\

it was a limited release, right? they might as well have included them in that case...

duotiga 2012-05-31 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4185267)
it was a limited release, right? they might as well have included them in that case...

yea is a Expo Limited ver, they just change the blue colour to orange for the normal mg destiny instead of the extreme blast ver. without chrome & effect parts

guess my next crazy move would be getting another extreme blast & this ver & do the chrome part swapping :eyespin:

Appel 2012-05-31 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4185287)
yea is a Expo Limited ver, they just change the blue colour to orange for the normal mg destiny instead of the extreme blast ver. without chrome & effect parts

guess my next crazy move would be getting another extreme blast & this ver & do the chrome part swapping :eyespin:

or you could just buy a regular destiny and paint it and order a TT hongli destiny for the wing effect parts? XD

duotiga 2012-05-31 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4185299)
or you could just buy a regular destiny and paint it and order a TT hongli destiny for the wing effect parts? XD

but then wants redo extreme blast due didn't do well with the decal-ling part =\

GrahamAker 2012-05-31 10:00

Can the following tool sets be useful in making gunpla?
http://www.homeshop18.com/bosi-home-...5089/cid:3547/
http://www.homeshop18.com/newtro-nex...5087/cid:3547/
http://www.homeshop18.com/newtro-nex...5967/cid:3547/

casval cehack 2012-05-31 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamAker (Post 4185380)

Yes, but only in scales greater than 1/48.:heh: That saw and hammer? Perfect for removing extra PS and hammering huge polycaps in place.

Better get actual plamo tools.

Appel 2012-05-31 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamAker (Post 4185380)

not really, those seem like regular tool sets to me.
all you need is a sidecutter, a decent hobby knife, maybe some tweezers and markers.
and you most definitely dont need a hammer XD

Bonta Kun 2012-05-31 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4185415)
Yes, but only in scales greater than 1/48.:heh: That saw and hammer? Perfect for removing extra PS and hammering huge polycaps in place.

Better get actual plamo tools.

lol I doubt they would even work with 1/48, hardware tools are used for hardware, not something as delicate as gunpla:heh:

As Appel points out, you want cutters, craft knife, tweezers and scissors.
Stuff you get at any hobby crafts shop.

Something like these

casval cehack 2012-06-01 06:17

MG Blitz kneels...
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1...ticulation.jpg

HasuMasu 2012-06-01 06:51

^ The MG Ground Gundam is weeping a corner right now.

Appel 2012-06-01 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 4186754)
^ The MG Ground Gundam is weeping a corner right now.

i dont know about yours but mine is busy looking awesome and not giving a damn! ;D
http://www.abload.de/img/groundtype9bk0v.jpg

the blitz does look very awesome though. i need to keep track of my finances a little this month, so i will probably get it a little later.

suiton629 2012-06-01 07:39

Why does the Dark Hound look like it has the 00 Raiser's GN Sword II?
o_O

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-j0JSIwqTK0...g/s640/123.jpg

bio9205 2012-06-01 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4186808)
Why does the Dark Hound look like it has the 00 Raiser's GN Sword II?
o_O

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-j0JSIwqTK0...g/s640/123.jpg

Sorry, but that looks nothing like the GN Sword II. It's a lance, not a blade. The only connection I can see with 00 is that the handle reminds me of the GN Sword III, but nothing else. Stop comparing everything to 00.

Anyway, the Blitz looks sweet, just like the Duel. Bandai really saved the best for last, can't wait for the Buster and Aegis to roll out!

Awrya 2012-06-01 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4186808)
Why does the Dark Hound look like it has the 00 Raiser's GN Sword II?
o_O

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-j0JSIwqTK0...g/s640/123.jpg

The handle resembles AGE-2 beam rifle more then GN Sword II. GN Sword II is a bit slimmer than this.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.