AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Forum & Site Feedback (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Possible Rpg? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=74778)

Lottie 2008-11-30 05:09

Possible Rpg?

I've noticed a lot of people love Rpgs, it would be nice if the forum had one for everyone to chill out on and let their writing flow.

I think it would be a really good idea and very fun. It also helps people communicate and build up their own characters too.

It's just a small suggestion, i didn't know where else to put it but here.

Thanks for readin! :D

xris 2008-11-30 05:28

Not sure what it is you are asking for.

It seems you are asking for a sub-forum for forum games of some sort. If so, then no, we will never have such a forum.

If you are asking for somewhere to post personal creations (in the form of written stories) then we already have the Fan Creations sub-forum.

Lottie 2008-11-30 12:45

I meant a rpg as a sort of you create your own character and then rp with other people. I didn't ean anything to do with games surley you should know what a rpg board is? I geuss some people know what i'm trying to put across though.

I thought it would just be fun for everyone it could be based of a anime too but if you still don't understand what i'm getting at i will drop it but you should discuss it with another mod/admin they may know what im trying to suggest. :)

felix 2008-11-30 13:33

You mean something like...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottie
Lottie catapults cabbages at xris.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
cabages are blocked by xris's Iron will

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottie
Lottie uses mana potion to replenish her mana and throws oversized signature at xris

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
xris defends using Iron will.
xris uses Forum rules on Lottie.

etc

Role playing is still a forum game as much as "Say a word that follows the last" is, so it still forbidin as per (forum rules) 2.2 Do not begin topics that lack purpose. Some forum games are allowed but you have to ask a administrator (xris, NightWish, NoSanninWa, GHDpro) for permission first. Examples of such threads include: "Rate that signature" thread, "Rate that avatar" thread, however these are due to extraordinary circumstances (ie. people would spam around the forum with posts about each others signature/avatar).

Lottie 2008-11-30 17:21

Yes i understand your point but for example this can't be classed as spam right? Sorry this one isn't anime based :P :

Bloodied hands gripped onto the toppled over filing cabinet. Shuffling sounds started to emerge from the small reception room followed by the scraping of the small filing cabinet being dragged across the slippy, wet, floor.

Beady green eyes could be seen and a pale face of Julia. She had tried to escape a mob of blood thirsty zombies quite a while back after running up the stairs leacing people she knew behind only in her desperation to find her only protection Gawain. Julia had ran back from the stairs and locked herself in the reception room luckily escaping the zombies but passing out from exhaustion in the small reception room.

Julia had heard the murmering and shouting of people but couldn't bring her voice to speak in her dazed state so she couldn't cry for help or move very far. She felt quite a bit better but only physically her mental mind was of something else. Julia felt petrified and the thought of her friends now gone and she was alone again within the abandoned hospital came over her like a wave of ice cold water to the face.

Julia put both her hands on her face wiping a small stream of blood from her brow and then felt around for the impact wound. She fel a fleshy bit of skin sticking out and realised her temple had been wounded and was the cause for the iron taste in her dry mouth because the blood had sculpted it's way down her cold face onto her crisp, cracked, lips.

Julia walked quietly across the room and set her eyes onto the dirty glass looking out the room onto the lobby. She couldn't see anybody, it was just deserted and gloomy. Her thoughts began to atomise around her. She was thinking mostly of if she was actually alone and everyone was dead. She felt she was having a nervous breakdown but heard a clank in the distance. Fear curled it's way up her spine and she shuddered as heavy brething began to pounce out from her tired lungs. She felt her body becoming heated up with fear. Julia hoped there wasn't one of those 'things' out there. She held the small gun she had. Her flashlight had ran out.

She could hear gunshots in he distance, "Somones here?" She whispered under her voice talking to herself. he pushed some of her loose black hair back and made her way to the door with great stealth. She opened it and looked at the stairs leading to thefirst floor. She made a runnr up the stairs, her boots banging against the floor.

« Last Edit: Nov 5, 2008, 2:22pm by Lottie
»

I know a lot of anime forums with their own little 'anime rping' section, it does become very interesting and it isn't spam it's users creating their own rpg world with their own characters, own stories ect if you understand me. I understand you are in power though it was only a suggestion for some fun :).

Daniel E. 2008-11-30 17:53

You know, more than a rpg that looks sorta like a story-making game.

If your idea get shut down here, you could always try the writers group and see what they think of it there.

Lottie 2008-11-30 17:56

I've just seen them on other forums and they are really good everyone loves them. It doesn't have to be strict but more of a place people can write and get together and like...i don't know, the setting could be the average 'anime based' high school.

Your right though not everyone likes writing but i'd have thought people into anime would have loved story writing too ^^

xris 2008-12-01 03:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottie (Post 2082258)
Your right though not everyone likes writing but i'd have thought people into anime would have loved story writing too ^^

That's why we have the Fan Creations forum.

Please read my first reply. If you are asking for a new sub-forum, the answer is no. If you are asking for somewhere to post personal creations (in the form of written stories) then we already have the Fan Creations sub-forum.

Lottie 2008-12-01 07:07

Ok it's up to you in the end :).

I think you need to look around more forums though and how people love them, however, on this forum i geuss enjoying yourself much isn't the case.

Thanks for reading :D

Vexx 2008-12-01 13:44

No, some of us are here for other reasons. We're here mostly to discuss anime and its related culture. How that is somehow less enjoyable for you would be your problem. :)

felix 2008-12-01 14:36

Bad Vexx, being all grouchy and mean to the new folk. :p

But Vexx is quite right Lottie, most people here prefer a very high signal to noise ratio, threads where the current page may become totally irrelevent in a short time interval is not what we consider good signal from a thread. Other forums are do not really represent the community here, threads and policies you may find on other forums might work completly backwards on animesuki. We encourage necroposting and discurage multi-threading discussion for example (if a thread already exists we always try to use that).

Vexx 2008-12-01 17:57

yeah, yeah, my bad but "on this forum i guess enjoying yourself much isn't the case" isn't exactly a good way to endear yourself when entering a new area with its own etiquette with potential new friends.

Liddo-kun 2008-12-01 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottie (Post 2083271)
Ok it's up to you in the end :).

I think you need to look around more forums though and how people love them, however, on this forum i geuss enjoying yourself much isn't the case.

Sorry, if this may sound rude but I have to reply on what you said about not enjoying the time spent here on Animesuki.

I'm enjoying my time here on AS because I'm here to follow anime series, to mingle and share ideas with fans of series that I like is an enjoyable experience for me. Another reason for me being here is to follow the Anime Saimoe Tournament held once every year.

I agree that RP'ing can be fun, but please remember that not everyone is interested to do it.

Lottie 2008-12-01 18:35

Sorry i geuss everyone took offence to that so far i havn't enjoyed myself that much for already being warned because i didnt realise the sigs had a actual limit and i thought it was a bit harsh conidering i was new and couldn't find the rules until i looked around a bit i didn't even know there was sig rules especially the size limit. I had that right but was only over on the bytes limit.... i kinda felt like i didn't want to come back to the forum for such harsh punishment by warning me and not just guiding me :(

Anyway i just know that it's a enjoyable thing to do on forums, i stil don't think people understand what i mean but i have been on a lot of forums in my past and owned my own too.

Like i said i don't want everyone to hate me for just suggesting something fun i'm not a bad person! +_+ I know everyone has opinions too.

Theowne 2008-12-01 19:25

Remember that this is a rather large forum, and the warning process is definitely something that gets rather mechanical after a while for those in charge. They definitely do not mean to be rude, but as a user you have a responsibility to follow the rules. On the bright side, it helps keep the forum easy and pleasant to browse. We have a lot of members of many different persuasions here as well as a fairly established environment, so creating an RPG, a whole new element to the forums, is not a realistic thing to ask the moderators on the basis of one request. Actually, something I really enjoy about this forum is that it's really less of a single community than a sort of town. You can hang out wherever the atmosphere suits you. Some threads feel like a fun high-school hangout, while some house very mature and intelligent discussions. There's something for everyone. [/animesuki advert]

Daniel E. 2008-12-01 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottie (Post 2084172)
i kinda felt like i didn't want to come back to the forum for such harsh punishment by warning me and not just guiding me :(

Sorry if I sound harsh but, it is your responsability to read the forum rules before doing anything in any forum. The mods cannot afford to guide everyone by the hand; specially when the rules are (IMHO) in a most visible place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottie (Post 2084172)
Anyway i just know that it's a enjoyable thing to do on forums, i stil don't think people understand what i mean but i have been on a lot of forums in my past and owned my own too.

I am a bit surprised you are still drilling this point.

Once again, what is fun to you may not be so for others. Your comment about people "not understanding" strikes me as a bit of an unfair remark on your part. Not agreeing doesn't always translate to Not understanding.

It pays to know the place! .........or so they say. ;)

Lottie 2008-12-01 20:27

I geuss people are already taking a bad liking to me in this forum as i keep putting things across offensivley, i apologise. I just thought some stuff was rather harsh on me because i did look at the rulesand it's a sig i use a lot. It's ok though i do understand why it was done. It was just a little harsh on me when i'm new and i could have been guided better.

As for the rpg, we myswell drop it. I'm sorry for suggesting something that seems to have turned people against me :( I didn't mean any harm i swear i was just trying to giv the good points about it thats all this is what the forum is for right :). Sorry if i offended people by putting that i meant more of the forum lacks some fun in a way but that is my opinion everyone has there own :).

I love the people in the forum though ^_^ I wish i could have felt a little more welcome, i kind of feel like i don't feel wanted here anymore in one way for speaking my mind.

Daniel E. 2008-12-01 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottie (Post 2084310)
I love the people in the forum though ^_^ I wish i could have felt a little more welcome, i kind of feel like i don't feel wanted here anymore in one way for speaking my mind.

No, that's not true.

You had a great start back at Fan Creations and you made a great first impression in the artist group. We all have our bad days (hell if I know :p) but it all comes back to us as a way to better understand this curious place called The Animesuki Forums. :)

You are indeed very welcome to the forum, and I look forward to have you as a regular in Fan Creations. :smile:

And in case it was misunderstood, you can still have a rpg thread ( in fan creations), the idea rejected here was merely a section dedicated to it. ;)

Aya_Lyka 2008-12-02 02:48

this is really a good idea. (im a Roleplaying addict) but i wonder why anime Suki is so strict.

Vexx 2008-12-02 15:12

If you'll read the thread you might get some clues why....

I love roleplay as well, in roleplay environments. It just so happens many people here like a space where the discussion is clear of that so that the "signal/noise" ratio is good.