AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Macross (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Macross Delta - Anime General Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=128903)

LoweGear 2014-03-26 09:08

Macross Delta - Anime General Discussion Thread

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
[ANN] Macross Science-Fiction Anime Franchise Gets New TV Series

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANN
The Kanto-area rerun of the Macross Frontier television anime ended on Wednesday with an announcement that a new Macross television series is launching. The announcement provided no further details on the new project in the 32-year-old science-fiction franchise.

Shame no real details yet, though it's likely to be a Frontier sequel ... but can't wait for more Macross. :)

MOD EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark700 (Post 5303959)
http://cdn01.animenewsnetwork.com/th...36c61c40e0.jpg

According to ANN:
Quote:

The project will scout a new singing voice to provide the vocals for a character in the anime with an audition, which can be applied to beginning on December 1. More information about the audition will be unveiled in December. The website features the quote, "The new singing diva who can sway the galaxy of 2067 is you!"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ditions/.80094

YF19EX 2014-03-26 09:14

I just finished watching the rerun of Macross Frontier here in Tokyo and it had the msg. Im hoping its a remake of the original Macross series given the image of the SDF1. If it can be done in the vein of Yamato 2199 another epic remake could happen!

Utsuro no Hako 2014-03-26 09:24

I pray for the awesomeness of an Okada/Kawamori collaboration.

Too bad Harmony Gold will never let this air in the US.

SaintessHeart 2014-03-26 09:25

I wish they would go back to the kind of songs 7 has. But 7's storyline isn't really much of a love triangle.

maximilianjenus 2014-03-26 10:08

There was a big deal of people searching for the sdf1, was that a macross plotline or a robotech one ?

dmaxzero 2014-03-26 10:20

A remake of the original would be sweet. But, I consider cannon the movie more than the original Macross tv show. Well, as just love for the show I am in for it.

I wouldn´t say no to a new show either, but they need to embrace a more Macross Plus style in my opinion, enough pop is enough. Macross Frontier was great, but yeah... enough.

Utsuro no Hako 2014-03-26 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximilianjenus (Post 5058141)
There was a big deal of people searching for the sdf1, was that a macross plotline or a robotech one ?

Spoilerizing just in case.

Spoiler for Robotech and SDF Macross:

Frontier 2014-03-26 11:36

Wow. I was not expecting a new Macross anytime soon, so this is a nice surprise :).

Though I doubt it'll wind up being a sequel to Frontier, since I doubt Kawamori would come back to the franchise unless he had an idea for something new to bring to it. Same goes for it possibly being a remake of the original series. Unless he's not as involved as in the past :uhoh:.

But going off from Utsuro no Hako, after all their collaborations together, a Kawamori and Okada collaboration on Macross isn't so far-fetched :heh:.

Though considering Okada's last full-on mecha work, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it :p.

I wonder if the new love triangle will, after the success of Frontier, once again be between a pilot and two female idols? Or alternatively, we'll get a female pilot and two male idols ;)?

I wonder what the new Valkyrie will be. Just from the 30th anniversary game, there's the YF-30, so I wonder if they'll go back a model or move up?

Tempester 2014-03-26 11:52

I just finished Frontier this year, so this is great news. Will definitely follow.

Also, please no Okada. We had her for AKB0048 already, and as fun as that show was, it had some glaring plot issues. I'd prefer a classier writer for Macross.

Tenzen12 2014-03-26 11:53

Macross is franchise that never disapinted me so far, so I am hyped for both mecha and romance.

Benigmatica 2014-03-26 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 5058212)
I wonder what the new Valkyrie will be. Just from the 30th anniversary game, there's the YF-30, so I wonder if they'll go back a model or move up?

Better yet, I wonder what will happen to that new voice actress Haruka Chisuga? I mean, she was chosen for Macross 30, so she needs some exposure like Megumi Nakajima or Mari Iijima.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-03-26 11:59

Anyone wanna guess of what the enemy in the new series will be? We already got space-giants, space-demons, AI gone nuts, cranky fellow humans, space-bugs, so what’s next? Space-whales maybe? Oh wait!

Birdway 2014-03-26 12:06

I just hope males are not the enemy turning Macross into a yuri series... :uhoh:

KleenexGhost 2014-03-26 12:13

And here I was thinking it was about time for a new Macross series.

Even though Aquarion Evol was bad and I dropped Nobunaga the Fool because it bored me to tears, I'm excited for this announcement.

darkplataform 2014-03-26 12:24

Amata and Mikono's VA confirmed!

KleenexGhost 2014-03-26 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkplataform (Post 5058277)
Amata and Mikono's VA confirmed!

Are they voicing the leads?

darkplataform 2014-03-26 12:32

lol it was a joke, and i hope not ffs!
the first time was bad enough

KleenexGhost 2014-03-26 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkplataform (Post 5058280)
lol it was a joke, and i hope not ffs!
the first time was bad enough

:DYou had me going there for a second.

I will say Kayano has grown on me. Still kinda iffy on Kaji for the most part.:heh:

Birdway 2014-03-26 13:27

Kayano and Kaiji aren't the problem but the characters asigned to those 2.

TheSix 2014-03-26 13:30

This was almost inevitable considering how well Frontier sold. Still though: Macross is potentially my favourite franchise ever, with Frontier being my favourite series. I am hype.