AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Discussion & News [Spoilers] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48543)

brightman 2007-08-12 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by asaqe (Post 1090969)
I am still rolling the 20 sided dice. Tekkaman Blade was popular yet I never saw miyuki (rapier) hentai.

You're talking about an anime that came out almost 20 years ago, before anime conventions and h-doujin groups became widespread in Japan.

AlphaDragoon 2007-08-12 16:43

...I still don't like the character designs in this. I really don't fancy the way the faces are drawn, in particular. While it's kind of nice to see Gundam without Hirai's character design (which I liked but it was time for a change), this change isn't doing it for me.

And Alpha says...they should've gotten the Eureka Seven character artist.

brightman 2007-08-12 20:49

Tieren High Mobility and Space Types:
http://img176.imagevenue.com/loc163/..._122_163lo.jpg

wingdarkness 2007-08-12 21:36

For those of you without crummy computers who wanna discuss and dissect some of the newly released visual stuff...or maybe you just wanna create some desktop fodder...

The normal suits are cool and the head gear is better than that fake-Magneto helmet design in GSD...Gundam's obviously rock to me now that we can see some depth to the design, Excia and Kyrios OWN for me...Virtue looks like a play on those plant-named Gundams from 0083...

I love the throwback style of the Teiren and surreal feel of the Union Flag...I think it's gonna be interesting to see how they actually fight...Bet you they make the Teiren far more creative in battle than we are expecting based on the design...I bet you it has some tricks...SO far totally with these new stylings (Well everything but Dynames' silent but deadly a$$-boosters xD )...

brightman 2007-08-12 21:47

Here's the new 15 second trailer that was aired yesterday:

http://rapidshare.com/files/48650303/gundam00.wmv.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingdarkness
The normal suits are cool and the head gear is better than that fake-Magneto helmet design in GSD...

Their helmets actually remind me of Gundam Exia's helmet... The visor thing on the forehead and the shape of the earholes or whatever you call them.

Demongod86 2007-08-12 23:24

I also wonder what the MS craze with everyone is...the director will be hard-pressed to give a reason why we're back to piloted machines rather than A) UAVs or B) Hyper-advanced superfighters that can't be picked up by any radar mechanisms whatsoever and have enough loadout to take down 10x their number...

Sort of like an F-22...

LightningZERO 2007-08-13 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightman (Post 1092386)

Thanks for sharing. I like Daybreak's bell :D

I enjoy all the MS design for now. Tieren has one realistic metal look. But the AEU and Union MSs look too advanced...

Pride 2007-08-13 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightman (Post 1092386)

Their helmets actually remind me of Gundam Exia's helmet... The visor thing on the forehead and the shape of the earholes or whatever you call them.

Will anyone be so kind to upload it somewhere else?

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2007-08-13 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demongod86 (Post 1092498)
I also wonder what the MS craze with everyone is...the director will be hard-pressed to give a reason why we're back to piloted machines rather than A) UAVs or B) Hyper-advanced superfighters that can't be picked up by any radar mechanisms whatsoever and have enough loadout to take down 10x their number...

Sort of like an F-22...

Maybe the need to change power source from fossil fuels to electricity meant the necessary redesign of all military vehicles? An F-22 wouldn't do you any good if you don't have jet fuel. How fast can an electricity-based aircraft travel anyway?

Come to think of it, fossil fuel is desirable for aircraft because of the high energy to weight ratio. Even if you could still get fuel for a high price in 00, it would still be like burning liquid gold. Choppers are probably the main means of flight in the 00 universe; they could be converted to run on electricity more easily than jets. No matter what kind of replacement fuel you could use for jets, their performance will suffer.

One way or another, aerial combat would take a big hit without a real replacement for jet fuel.

brightman 2007-08-13 05:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demongod86 (Post 1092498)
B) Hyper-advanced superfighters that can't be picked up by any radar mechanisms whatsoever and have enough loadout to take down 10x their number...

Nothing can be picked up by radar mechanisms in "AD" because of GN Particles.

That's the whole idea behind MS's in the Gundam universes, just so you know. The lack of targeting and guidance systems and the like caused mobile suits to become feasible in battle due to their versatility.

Demongod86 2007-08-13 09:05

Oh great, another GG particle...seems like these MSes are junkbots that would get taken down in a heartbeat if F-22s still could fly.

OMchan 2007-08-13 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pride (Post 1092797)
Will anyone be so kind to upload it somewhere else?

I hope this will work for you then. :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?0dtvmxcrooy

I don't really like the song so far... maybe it'll grow on me when a longer version is out or when I see it with the OP. :\

Jimmy C 2007-08-13 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Maybe the need to change power source from fossil fuels to electricity meant the necessary redesign of all military vehicles?

That still wouldn't explain the need to use bipedal warmachines on the ground and air. Remember that big discussion about the usefulness or lack thereof of giant bipedal robots in a real military last year? The arguements still stand. More importantly, walkermechs are less energy efficient than wheeled and tracked vehicles. Therefore making them even more useless in a fuel-starved world.
But then, Gundam never bothered to explain why use giant walking robots for warmachines, ever.

wingdarkness 2007-08-13 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demongod86 (Post 1093155)
Oh great, another GG particle...seems like these MSes are junkbots that would get taken down in a heartbeat if F-22s still could fly.

Necessity is the Mother of invention, and I'm sure after the first MS gets tagged by Starscream they'll invent aimbot or beamspam or whatever the hell else that shoots alot and that you love eventhough it'll peel away at the fruit of believability...

brightman 2007-08-13 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy C (Post 1093491)
But then, Gundam never bothered to explain why use giant walking robots for warmachines, ever.

Again, Minovsky particles/N-Jammer/GN Particles take out all radar. Which means that all aircraft targeting would have to be manual (causing most conventional weaponry to be unless). Since mobile suits are more agile in terms of movement, are better armored and have faster turnaround rates, they turned out to be more effective in combat than planes. Also melee attacks are now feasible.

That's always been their explanation since 1979. Whether you agree with it or not is another matter.

asaqe 2007-08-13 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightman (Post 1093819)
Again, Minovsky particles/N-Jammer/GN Particles take out all radar. Which means that all aircraft targeting would have to be manual (causing most conventional weaponry to be unless). Since mobile suits are more agile in terms of movement, are better armored and have faster turnaround rates, they turned out to be more effective in combat than planes. Also melee attacks are now feasible.

That's always been their explanation since 1979. Whether you agree with it or not is another matter.

So? Tanks can do any job by a mech a lot better even with manual targetting or a bigger caliber cannon to take out those close up mechs. Go to the Spacebattles forum and be re-eduacted.

Ledgem 2007-08-14 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by asaqe (Post 1094164)
So? Tanks can do any job by a mech a lot better even with manual targetting or a bigger caliber cannon to take out those close up mechs. Go to the Spacebattles forum and be re-eduacted.

Gundams aren't real, and neither are space battles. Whether a tank could do a better job or not is a moot point. An anime based around a tank would lose to an anime based around Gundams in marketing and popularity, I can guarantee that :)

azuma-blade 2007-08-14 01:17

hey guys is it true that l'arc~an~ciel is gonna make the op theme of gundam 00

LightningZERO 2007-08-14 01:20

Yeah.

The name is Daybreak's Bell

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2007-08-14 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledgem (Post 1094226)
Gundams aren't real, and neither are space battles. Whether a tank could do a better job or not is a moot point. An anime based around a tank would lose to an anime based around Gundams in marketing and popularity, I can guarantee that :)

Nevermind the fact that a standard tank without diesel or jetfuel isn't going anywhere.:p

No matter the flaws of a mobilesuit, it is a given that conventional weapons of every sort had taken a hit from the energy crisis in 00. Other than anything nuclearpowered, most military hardware will have to be redesigned. So it isn't a matter of "can an MS beat an Abram", but "can an MS beat a tank that runs on electricity."