AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

dodgethis_sg 2007-05-17 06:47

http://happy.ap.teacup.com/runchickens/490.html

They're including the cow that Loran transported in his chest silos in the middle of the show.

LightningZERO 2007-05-17 06:53

Turn-A??? That's disappointing. Well, at least I can save money

mangatron 2007-05-17 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 950094)

lol this has to be the most smartest comment about the Turn A MG yet :heh: :heh:

I didn't realize I could save money by not buying it, but then again I normally buy things with little disregard to the cost so.....:heh:

duotiga 2007-05-17 09:03

is it me or i find the refine Turn A lookable?

Archer 2007-05-17 09:30

Please note that the Turn A used for that display is not the actual MG Turn A.

W-General 2007-05-17 10:27

YESSSSS!!!
THANK YOU BANDAI!!!!!

Now both my favorite mech of all time in Gundam will be/have been released:
Hi-Nu and Turn A.

While I haven't gone out of my way to buy the Hi-Nu, you bet I will be getting Turn A as soon as it comes out.

TURN A TURN.....TURN A TURN......TURN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OMFG, even with cow part and missile part!
Looks like I'll have to go outside and dig up some dirt to store the missile :D

Moonlight Butterfly parts would be cool too Bandai ;)

aikming 2007-05-17 20:51

Does Turn A looks nice??? or is it just because of the anime that fans like it. It looks quite horrible to me to have an MG for turn A. Though fans of turn A would love it.

Critias 2007-05-17 21:29

Meh, Turn A...that's ok I suppose.

Although I feel it is somewhat...anticlimatic.

So fine fine, release Turn A.

No give me my damn MG Gundam X!

W-General 2007-05-17 21:59

I like Turn A not because it looks 'awesome' 'cool' 'badass' or anything. If I want the above qualities, there's already MG 1-99 for that (minus stuff like Acguy, which is still cute in its own way).

Turn A has this down-to-earth warmth to it...when I get my Turn A MG, I want to re-enact all the famous scenes in the anime. Like using the heat dissipators to dry clothing lines, or hold the cow in its missile silo, or store nuclear missile using dirt...:)

Of course if Turn A comes out, Turn X should also be released eventually. Now no one will complain that Turn X is a totally excellent design.

Treize Khushrenada 2007-05-18 00:31

Whew now that they've made Turn A we can stop talking about it.

Now let's get on that MG Hamma Hamma.

DangerousK 2007-05-18 01:01

The Turn-A is nice, but it would've been cool to see them make the Xi into an MG; that would've been enormous.

U<3Anime 2007-05-18 03:45

Wow pretty unique for Bandai. I already digged the original turn A design as a kid. This MG redesign makes it even look cooler : D.

duotiga 2007-05-18 08:40

wonder if got moonlight butterfly effects or not :D

mdauben 2007-05-18 08:51

I'm still rather new to Gundam modeling (atlhough not to plastic models themselves) and had a question.

I'm a fan of the Gundam Wing series (I know, don't hate me for it!;) ) so I've been collecting the 1:100 HG models of the Gundams from that show. I have most of them now, except the Heavyarms and Sandrock. I can't find either of these except in the "Custom" version (the upgrade that took place about half-way through the series). I prefer the original versions of both these Gundams (especially the Heavyarms). Was there ever a 1:100 scale model of these original suits done?

I know the 1:100 HG model of the Tallgeese III can acutally be built as either Tallgeese III or the original Tallgeese I, are the models for the Heavyarms Custom and Sandrock Custom by any chance the same, and have the parts to build them as the original versions from the beginning of the series too? :confused:

Thanks! :)

Catalyst_87 2007-05-18 09:35

Hi, i'm new to this forum, i just got into gundam modelling last yr and are enjoying it, the building, air brushing the lot!!!!!!.

I'm currently working on a MG F91 Harrison's custom verion, and i was wondering if the MG Crossbone Full Cloth ver is any good???, there arn't very much reviews on it on the internet. Can anyone tell me if it has any flaws, like the HG freedoms and the strike freedoms which looked funny except the MG ver of those.

What i know of is that it's like the f91 models it dosen't have any polycaps like all other models does, and are smaller than the regular MG models.

Any opinions would be helpful as i don't wanna waste money and time on something that looks crappy at the end!!!!

mangatron 2007-05-18 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdauben (Post 951704)
I'm a fan of the Gundam Wing series (I know, don't hate me for it!;) ) so I've been collecting the 1:100 HG models of the Gundams from that show. I have most of them now, except the Heavyarms and Sandrock. I can't find either of these except in the "Custom" version (the upgrade that took place about half-way through the series). I prefer the original versions of both these Gundams (especially the Heavyarms). Was there ever a 1:100 scale model of these original suits done?

In a 1/100 size, I don't think so. According to this store their complete set doesn't have them, and several searches online doesn't show any either. I do believe they were in 1/144 size, but then again there's always a 1/144 size :heh:

And about HeavyArms Custom and Sandrock Custom being interchangeable, no I believe not. It's not like the Tallgeese that has one major color for both versions, whilst HeavyArms was red, HeavyArms Custom is green. Sandrock Custom, I think it had a radical change in design that doesn't allow it to look like the Sandrock, but then again I wouldn't know as I don't have those. Hope that helps.

Sety 2007-05-18 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 950094)

Silence you. Turn-A is superior.

Instant pre-order for me period.

mdauben 2007-05-18 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 951816)
In a 1/100 size, I don't think so.

I've done a fair amount of on-line searching, so I was pretty sure that was the answer. I just figured it didn't hurt to ask. :(

dodgethis_sg 2007-05-18 11:34

I'm certainly enjoying the bitchfests on various forums about Turn A being the 100th MG.

subaruhess 2007-05-18 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdauben (Post 951704)
Was there ever a 1:100 scale model of these original suits done?

There were version KA resin kits to convert the old gundam wing 1/100s into their original/katoki designs but they are long since discontinued. You'd have to do a bit of research to find out if anyone can do a recast of them. Hobby link japan still have them in their catalog but you cant order them any more. Or you could just wait till bandai release a master grade version, seems everyone is.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BCL1990
http://www.hlj.com/product/BCL1979