AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

spiderman666 2007-05-22 10:02

Yes of course I have. Planes cars ships..all of that. I also have painted miniature figures.
I am ok in that kind of stuff.

But look at the guy above you. :P Same to you. You didnt answered on any of my questions. So please share your PG experience with me if you have any ;)

mangatron 2007-05-22 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by theOtherGuy (Post 957066)
Devil Gundam will probably be number 666. :P

Aw man, that's alot of Ver 2.0's and Ver 3.0's :heh: :heh:

aikming 2007-05-22 11:03

You asking a question like "I want to buy a luxury car but have no idea which one....I think they all look kind of cool!". So what should I reply, Audi, BMW, Benz or the Ferrari, Bentley.

The problem is u just want to know which is coolest and you dont even make a gundam kit before. I dont care if you're making planes, cars or ships. If you haven't done one, we would recommend that you go for MG grade since there are more choices and easier!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dodgethis_sg is right to recommend MG.

PG models are more limited. If I say Strike Rouge is nice, another would say nope it's not as cool. It depends on people. But there's limited choice. There's also a couple of 1/60 gundam but they are not of perfect grade, for example Strike Freedom. Even for MG grade some people are so happy when Turn A is announced as MG, while I think it's not that cool but others felt it's cool.

Since you're going for first PG and didn't indicate you have experience in any gundam model before. We would give advice rather than telling which or which is better. Even if we tell you which is more attractive, it'll be a challenge to find one unless there's stock or re-release.

If you want a direct answer. PG Wing Zero custom is COOL. And there's a new special version of it coming out in June at the price of US$247 with shipping possibly at least US$50 (must be trackable). So which is the coolest? The special version PG Wing zero custom kit is the coolest with its popularity, its feathered wing and of course the coolest price for PG as well. So, have you got US$300 to spend on it???????

thephreak 2007-05-22 17:12

spiderman666 u should get the one you feel like is the best for u. although if you really cant decide and have $300 to spend, get the PG Wing Zero special one. but u have to be confident that you will actually be able to put together a PG. i've done a decent amount of MG's and i still dont feel like i can successfully complete a PG without screwin somethin up. trust me, u do not want to screw up a $100+ kit.:)

dodgethis_sg 2007-05-23 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderman666 (Post 957667)
Yes of course I have. Planes cars ships..all of that. I also have painted miniature figures.
I am ok in that kind of stuff.

But look at the guy above you. :P Same to you. You didnt answered on any of my questions. So please share your PG experience with me if you have any ;)

I call you a liar. And I answered your question by telling you to look at something else other than a PG.

The way you phrased PGs as 'cool looking' leaves me in doubt about what you produce. If you had any experience, you would be asking about fit, ease of build, accuracy, ease of painting, etc etc etc.

And truthfully? Other than size, you're better off buying the newer MG incarnations of the MSs, instead of the PG. With the exception of the GP-01Fb, that is.

duotiga 2007-05-23 09:28

1st timer IS NOT RECOMMENDED for PG.

MG can try ...but ideal wise is still 1/100 scale kits for a start. I've been fixing HG 1/144, 1/100, MG kits . Till now i STILL DONT dare to fix PG partly the PARTS & PRICE. But if you got no idea to throw your $$$, go ahead with PG Wing Zero. If something SCREWS UP, DONT BLAME US

kenjiharima 2007-05-23 12:24

Is this model new? Just saw this last Saturday...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/DSC00089.jpg

Noppapana 2007-05-23 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenjiharima (Post 959481)
Is this model new? Just saw this last Saturday...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/DSC00089.jpg

thats a limited edition of Mg Zeta 2.0

fujima 2007-05-23 18:42

Stay away from the original PG wing zero custom like the plague.

dagr81 2007-05-23 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by fujima (Post 960032)
Stay away from the original PG wing zero custom like the plague.

its true stay away i hope the new one improved on the problem of the old

thephreak 2007-05-23 20:24

i personally have not tried a PG yet, but wat was the problem in assembling the original Wing Custom compared to other PG's? i just wanna know for future reference

Akyra 2007-05-24 08:39

what's wrong with the PG wing zero? I am about to get one in the next few months

Ironman 2007-05-24 10:10

i have a quick question, i am looking at buying a strike rouge (PG) , because i like it better than the normal one, does the aile part (thrusters) come with it,

http://www.dalong.net/review/pg/p10/p/p10_03.jpg

the things on the back, do they come with it, or is that only with the skygrasper?
please answer asap, thank you

Ironman 2007-05-24 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akyra (Post 960922)
what's wrong with the PG wing zero? I am about to get one in the next few months

same, along with the one i just mentioned
what is wrong with it??

SoranGTR 2007-05-24 11:11

Speaking as a owner of a PG WZC, i can tell you that unless you really want such a 1/60 scale version of that particular MS, you're better off buying a MG instead. Apart from the vast difference in cost, the sheer size also make them hell to pose, due to the weight of the parts.

Besides, the latest innovations in the MG line which were previously found only in the PGs (hand plugs to hold hand-held weapons properly, fingers which are sgemented and flexible enuff to flip u the birdie etc.), kind of make the PG line obsolete. From the looks of it, Bandai has semi-retired the PG line meaning you wont see anything in that direction for a while at least. If you still wish to go ahead with a PG i recommend the Strike, as it is known to be the easiest to do. It still is quite hell to do though, especially if you have not done a Gundam model kit before.

My own PG WZC took me days to assemble, including the time to figure out out to fit the wiring needed for the LEDs in the head and chest to work. There are horror stories of people who bought it and gave up on it halfway because it was simply too damn complicated.

Catalyst_87 2007-05-24 11:45

Since everyone's asking about choices, i might as well join in. Which one looks better, the MG x-1 crossbone ver.ka, Or the MG x-1 Crossbone FullCloth. If anyone who have built a crossbone would be helpful!!!!, but personaly the fullcloth looks better with that heavy armor looking protection around it, but also it can't be posed as good as the crossbone ver.ka can!!!

Like better battle poses, with the ver.ka i can raise the guns and pose a stand off, where the fullCloth would be better off standing still maybe holding a sword. But if i took off the armor cloth it would be like the Ver.ka!!!!!

From Lurking around Dalong's site the "FullCloth he built" can't even hold the giant gun (Peacock Smasher) and ending up breaking the hand piece!!!

So which one would be better, one which can "pose more and do alot more with" or "one that just got the looks and be a statue!!!!"

Opinions opinions please!!!!!!!

Btw how do i post pictures

theOtherGuy 2007-05-24 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 961022)
i have a quick question, i am looking at buying a strike rouge (PG) , because i like it better than the normal one, does the aile part (thrusters) come with it,

http://www.dalong.net/review/pg/p10/p/p10_03.jpg

the things on the back, do they come with it, or is that only with the skygrasper?
please answer asap, thank you

The PG Strike Rouge comes with the Aile Pack...look at the box, it says so...

thephreak 2007-05-24 18:16

i think i would like MG's better now than PG's. aside from the price difference, the quality of MG's are very good. with extra effort, makin an MG with good posability and looking really nice is relatively easy now.

subaruhess 2007-05-25 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catalyst_87 (Post 961126)
From Lurking around Dalong's site the "FullCloth he built" can't even hold the giant gun (Peacock Smasher) and ending up breaking the hand piece!!!

So which one would be better, one which can "pose more and do alot more with" or "one that just got the looks and be a statue!!!!"

Well if you've seen dalong's reviews then you already know enough info, both kits are identical save for some minor tweaks & the extra weapons/armour with full cloth. So its down to what you can afford, the ver ka is 1,000 yen cheaper than full cloth.

Ironman 2007-05-27 04:27

Thanks guys, the only thing stopping me from buying the new wzc is the price, and some people saying mgs are more worthwile, should i buy 8 mgs instead of 3 mgs and 2 pgs?