AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Icecream, Just plain going to far (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=17904)

Harogenki 2004-07-29 02:48

Icecream, Just plain going to far

You wana hear something horribly outrageous and weird? Look at this.
http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/photospeci...ream04/01.html
Horse-flavored? :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh:

Dopeskills 2004-07-29 03:04

I'd try it....

Harogenki 2004-07-29 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopeskills
I'd try it....

lol. Like how when those Harry Potter jellybeans were all the rage and people ate booger and earwax flavored ones,
that was just wrong.

xris 2004-07-29 03:44

Haven't you seen those before :) I remember all sort of different flavoured Ice-cream from Japan.

Bert Christensen's Weird & Different Recipes
Mainichi "Wacky World of Japanese Ice Cream"

Just have a look through their photo gallery.

Lefteris_D 2004-07-29 03:57

The next time somebody tries to tell me that the Japanese people are not weird I'll just show them this thread.

Horse-flavored??? What are they thinking???

Harogenki 2004-07-29 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefteris_D
The next time somebody tries to tell me that the Japanese people are not weird I'll just show them this thread.

Horse-flavored??? What are they thinking???

I once made a joke to a girl in my class about how horse probably wasn't that bad, never thought people actually ate
em', let alone put it in icecream -_-'

Rhia 2004-07-29 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopeskills
I'd try it....

I wouldnt :P

Spiggy 2004-07-29 08:45

Mmmm...crab ice cream....I wonder what cactus ice cream tastes like???
and yes...I'm j/k about the crab ice cream. The sweet potato one though might not be bad.

Shadowlord 2004-07-29 09:25

lets all grind up our favourite animals and place them in ice cream...we could start an ice cream factory...and export them to japan for easy money...

Note: I do not condone cruelty to animals, anyone who takes this post seriously is in dire need of medical attention.

Note: unseen difficulties may result in the consumption of unique animal byproducts.

Necrodeath 2004-07-29 09:29

Not only the japanese have strange ice creams...
There was this cooking show where they made all the courses ( you know, main course, dessert en stuffs), and the dessert was bacon & eggs icecream... :twitch:
After that they showed some other ice creams like tree icecream and sausage icecream and whatever...

Oh and the garlic icecream is funny as hell :heh:

OutPhase 2004-07-29 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harogenki
You wana hear something horribly outrageous and weird? Look at this.
http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/photospeci...ream04/01.html

I can see it now. Me ordering a cone of horse. Ys the future is a wierd, disgusting, yet creative place where horses become ice cream. Mmmmm........ horse cream...... :insert Homer drool here:

But wait! There's more flavors! They also have goat ice cream. I've never eaten anything goat before. Yum, there's also Whale flavored! Why can't there be a cow flaored ice cream? :(

Shark fin? That doesn't seem so wierd, but oyster ice cream is just disgusting.

Those crazy japanese. That's why I love those people.

AG3 2004-07-29 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiggy
I wonder what cactus ice cream tastes like???

I actually ate cactus ice cream when I was in Sweden (in Skaane) a year or two ago. The ice cream bar had about 30 flavors, cactus being one of them, and my favorite. The cactus ice cream was green, not surprisingly, and had a sweet taste that I can't quite describe. And no, it wasn't chunks of cactus needles or anything in it :)

Cactus ice cream is just great, too bad they don't have that kind of ice cream here in Norway.

As for horse ice cream... I'll just say that I prefer ice cream to not be meat based...

Thrillseeka 2004-07-29 10:43

Cactus ice cream propably tastes like frozen Cactus tea.
I like the cactus tea, only with a little sugar in it.

Yogo_Pogo 2004-07-29 11:24

What about human icecream. :)

:evil laughter: Mwouah hahahahaha!

Yogo_Pogo goes to kill her neighbours to make some disturbing-neighbour-human icecream flavor to sell to some cannibal in australia and africa...

Why do humans need to always improve something that was already good? Why horse flavor, garbage flavor, passed-date sandwich flavor? Do we need them?
i think i'm taking it too seriously. :heh:

boneyjellyfish 2004-07-29 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris

That link had a thing on Rice Ice Cream. Now, I've never had Rice ice cream before, but I have had Rice Milk Ice Cream, and it's delicious! :D

Spiggy 2004-07-29 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG3
I actually ate cactus ice cream when I was in Sweden (in Skaane) a year or two ago. The ice cream bar had about 30 flavors, cactus being one of them, and my favorite. The cactus ice cream was green, not surprisingly, and had a sweet taste that I can't quite describe. And no, it wasn't chunks of cactus needles or anything in it :)

Cactus ice cream is just great, too bad they don't have that kind of ice cream here in Norway.

As for horse ice cream... I'll just say that I prefer ice cream to not be meat based...

Well, if you say it tastes good then I'll believe you. The only "weird" flavored ice cream I've tried was green tea and it was awesome! Meat and ice cream do not mix unless they are separate. This kind of reminds of the gravy pop they had in Nov. shudders
Spoiler for for those w/ strong stomachs:

wnkryo 2004-07-29 13:11

That's some fear factor ice cream.

Tsu 2004-07-29 16:01

I'm curious, just how exactly would one make ice cream with meat? You can't just throw some meat and milk in a bucket, freeze it and call it ice cream... I think...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harogenki

馬い! (...please don't hurt me :heh: )

TronDD 2004-07-29 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsu
馬い! (...please don't hurt me :heh: )

I guessed what that "joke" translated to (I think they used it in Yakitate). But I took the time to look it up anyway. :( I shouldn't have bothered. :)

Harogenki 2004-07-29 17:28

At a chinese food restuarant I've had green tea ice cream and "Red Bean Ice Creamed" as the other one I had read, and yes it said ice creamed. I've heard of corn ice cream, thats just discusting. And as for meat ice cream, god whats wrong with people.