AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Busou Renkin (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=32478)

Fighter Volk 2006-05-24 17:26

Busou Renkin

As requested on the New Announced Series threads :D

Here we can all freely share all our love for Busou Renkin and be ridiculously excited for the upcoming anime adaptation together. We can also talk all about how Nobuhiro Watsuki is a kickass mangaka, because he totally is. I would just request that BR manga spoilers be appropriately [spoiler]'d.

Here are some voice actors, courtesy of weaselistic from the BR LJ community (http://www.livejournal.com/~busou_renkin/)

Kazuki - Jun Fukuyama
Tokiko - Ryouka Yuzuki
Chouno - Mitsuaki Madono
Mahiro - Aya Hirano
Captain Bravo - Masashi Ebara
Shusui - Kishou Taniyama
Ouka - Hitomi Nabatame

I'll be back with comments when I look 'em all up on ANN. One thing's for sure, though: Captain Bravo will be voiced by the guy who did Gai, from Naruto :D Appropriate indeed!

ACDragonMaster 2006-05-24 19:05

Chouno's seiyuu apparently does the voice of Kon in Bleach, which sent me into gigglefits when I saw that. Strangely appropriate, methinks. XD

And oh man, I cannot wait for this anime! The manga was *really* quite enjoyable, and the way it's written and drawn, it should translate into anime well with all those action sequences and creative characters/monsters.

Fighter Volk 2006-05-24 20:48

I'd check out all the voice actors right now but ANN isn't working for me for some reason.

Busou Renkin should make a fantastic shounen anime. I'd put Nobuhiro Watsuki only a little below Eiichiro Oda as far as creativity in the shounen realm goes. From RK to Gun Blaze West to Busou Renkin to his one-shots, Watsuki-sensei is positively brilliant. He can take even the most cliche thing and make it inordinately fun (pretty much describes Busou Renkin; the premise is awfully cliche, but the execution is faaaar from typical).

Haha, Kon as Chouno *does* sound appropriate. I wonder how he'll sound during his more evil moments, though.

I really really can't wait for this. At least I've got plenty of good anime to keep me going between now and then.

Lastly, looks like we'll be seeing a lot of each other in the future ACDragonMaster :) Watsuki-sensei fans uniiiite!

ACDragonMaster 2006-05-24 21:53

Yeah, I was looking at them on ANN yesterday, but the site hasn't been working for me all night, either.

Heh, yeah. I love Watsuki's creativety. He's always trying to do something new. Some of his efforts are better than others (Embalming is an amazing one-shot, in my opinion, while Gun Blaze West felt relatively weak), but he keeps trying out different ideas rather than just beating the same thing into the ground, and once he gets a feel for the story he's working with, it really gets good.

He'll sound evilly insane. ;p

And yeah, I can't wait either. Though what also makes me happy is that, even though the manga was cancelled, it's being made into an anime anyway, which I hope would especially encourage Watsuki-sensei to write more new series in the future. ^_^

Tsukishirou 2006-05-24 22:26

This series sounds really good. Since it´s only 10 volumes there won´t be time for annoying Narutard like fanboys to form.
Talking about the guy that made Kenshin and Naruto, I only started watching Naruto cause 1 guy said that Naruto was like Kenshin were thet explain how all the attacks and techs work etc

Fighter Volk 2006-05-25 07:36

I think the only reason you felt GBW was weaker was because it *did* end after three volumes. I wouldn't have been nearly as big a fan of Busou Renkin as I am not if it had ended after three volumes... I felt that GBW had lots of potential and personally loved it, but one can only imagine how much awesomer it would have been if it had continued.

ACDragonMaster 2006-05-25 13:29

Well actually, it wasn't the length so much as the way the premise was introduced. The beginning of Gun Blaze West was amusing, but the main character came off as pretty solidly standard shounen "tsuyoku naritai", as opposed to Watsuki's other works like Ruroken and Busou Renkin. It's an entertaining story, but never felt like it had the depth of Watsuki's other works. Especially opposed to Ruroken and Busou Renkin, both of which are really intriguing right from the first chapter.

Ah, and the five-chapter "prologue" in the beginning wasn't really the greatest way to start, either. Watsuki would probably have been better off jumping into the main story and then doing a series of flashbacks over several chapters.

NeoSam 2006-05-25 15:55

Site for the anime has opened:
http://www.busourenkin.com/

Yes it opened, but LOL :heh:

Shinji103 2006-05-25 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam

:twitch:
*flops dead on the floor*

Fighter Volk 2006-05-25 22:53

Hey, at least it's registered :)

LightningZERO 2006-05-26 08:57

That's an interesting site :heh:

Rich 2006-05-26 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam

Yes it opened, but LOL :heh:

that is very convincing that busou renkin is going to air..... -_____-||

a non-official registered site....... -_____-|| Bravo Bravo

Fighter Volk 2006-05-26 10:49

No, don't worry, the Busou Renkin anime isn't just a rumor. It's happening.

shinga 2006-05-26 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by a03
a non-official registered site....... -_____-|| Bravo Bravo

Quote:

Originally Posted by whois
Domain Name: busourenkin.com
Created On: 2006-05-10 13:38:28.0
Last Updated On: 2006-05-17 21:38:25.826
Expiration Date: 2008-05-10 04:38:42.0
Registrant Name: Hiromichi Kinoshita
Registrant Organization: SHUEISHA Inc.
Registrant Street1: 2-5-10 Hitotsubashi
Registrant Street2:
Registrant City: Chiyoda-ku
Registrant State: Tokyo
Registrant Postal Code: 101-8050
Registrant Country: JP
Registrant Phone: 03-3230-6016
Registrant Fax: 03-3265-2162
Registrant Email: h_kinoshita@shueisha.co.jp

I'd say that's hardly "non-official." :)

Rich 2006-05-26 10:53

and your evidence.......?! O__________O want to make sure it ain't just any rumor

not trying to be anal but i really interested in this (note that i also read the manga)

BRAVO BRAVO

kaeli 2006-05-26 10:56

a03
Yeah, well, the whole point is that the website was registered by Shueisha earlier this month.

Hey, I was sceptical at first, too, but when I saw the website, the thing became much more believable. Why would Shueisha want to register the domain for a series that ended its run in Weekly Jump over a year ago?

NeoSam 2006-05-26 16:16

From Anime News Service:

Quote:

What's In A Name? Busou Renkin Update
Possibly fueling fires to past news of an anime adaptation, registered on 5/10 by Hiromichi Kinoshita of SHUEISHA Inc. www.busourenkin.com is now extant. There's nothing there as to yet besides a placeholder.
Following the spelling history of anime and manga titles once they break out of the kanjisphere is always interesting. It seems the day that a company can decide upon a single name for a property cross market and platform is still to come. If anything else, adopting such a convention may help avoid any confusion among fans and potential customers. In this case, searching google for "Busou Renkin" returns 18,100 results. "Buso Renkin" seems the more popular spelling with 38,600 returns. It's worth mentioning that news sites such as this one can and have had a profound impact on how people relate to the title of a particular anime / manga name due to the fact that we are often the first point of reference for such a title's existance. There are 5 sites I can name off the top of my head with average daily readership in the 10's-100's of thousands that ran our anime announcement along with the Viz BEA press and have the Buso spelling firmly established in the minds of many this week. The Busou spelling, however, can be clearly derived from the katakana and kanji titles on the cover of the Japanese manga. At anyrate, it seems this month was to be a big push for the Buso / Busou Rnekin franchise as we have the domain registration, news leaks of a possible anime and Viz Media announcing the English manga release this past wekeend at Book Expo America:

BUSO RENKIN, Vol. 1 - MSRP: $7.99 - Available August 2006 BUSO RENKIN is the next big series from Nobuhiro Watsuki, the creator of RUROUNI KENSHIN, which is one of the best selling SHONEN JUMP manga series. Buso Renkin is the story of teenager Kazuki Muto, who dies trying to save a girl who was being attacked by an eerie monster. The next morning, however, Kazuki is left wondering whether it was all a dream. Lo and behold, the girl, the monster, and his death are all real! The girl, Tokiko Tsumura, was actually trying to slay the homunculus, but Kazuki got in her way. To revive Kazuki, Tokiko replaces his heart with a "kakugane," an alchemic device that allows him to summon a lance with which to fight the monsters. It turns out that Tokiko is a member of the Alchemist Warriors, an organization sworn to protect the world from the diabolical creatures. Soon, Kazuki joins Tokiko in her quest to terminate the sinister being that creates and controls the homunculus. BUSO RENKIN was originally serialized in the Japanese version of SHONEN JUMP and has sold a total of over 3 million copies to-date in Japan.

kaeli 2006-05-26 16:49

Haha, that's so true about the spelling.
I've always used "Busou", and I am going to stick with it, even though this is positively driving me nuts. With Viz going to use "Buso" and Glénat using "Busô" for the French publication... this is going to be confusing for the fans.
Hm. :(

ACDragonMaster 2006-05-26 20:16

Hm, well, aesthetically I think "Busou Renkin" looks a lot better than "Buso Renkin". Just more balanced. And I dunno, I'm kinda meh about companies using Japanese in the titles of the translated releases. Something like Rurouni Kenshin where "rurouni" technically isn't a word in Japanese to begin with, *and* English-speakers are relatively familiar with the term "ronin", that's excusable, but not translating at all? Especially since there's some, catchy ways to translate the title, like "Alchemic Armaments" or such. Or at the very least, provide a translated subtitle, so people who've never heard of the series before can have *some* idea what to expect...

kaeli 2006-05-27 03:22

Viz' first attempt at offering an explanatory transation sort of backfired, though. Also because the translation they gave was sort of incorrect. "Armored Alchemist" reminded everyone of FMA and made people yell rip-off and "even the title is similar".
But it says nowhere that they will not offer a subtitle. Glénat did, "arme alchimique", even if it is not in the title which gets listed everywhere, it's only on the cover.