AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   [Game] Umineko - Spoilers, Theories, Interpretations (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83581)

vandakiara 2009-07-04 15:51

[Game] Umineko - Spoilers, Theories, Interpretations

This thread is for the readers of the visual novel, Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the story, based on all media (VN, manga, anime, extra tips etc).
Thus, this thread serve as the best place for everyone who wish to discuss with the latest pieces of information that can help to solve the mystery of Umineko no Naku Koro ni.
If you didn't finish the most recent Episode of the VN, there is a very high chance that you will be spoiled pretty badly as result! Please read the game thread of the last Episode you have read.

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the game, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read the BB Code FAQ.

Spoiler tag examples
Spoiler:
becomes
Spoiler:
Text to be hidden

Spoiler for subject title:
becomes
Spoiler for subject title:
Text to be hidden

Finally, please remain on-topic. If you prefer to post your impressions and comments about a specific game (sort of a review and the likes), please post in their respective game thread.
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 1 Legend of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 2 Turn of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 3 Banquet of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 4 Alliance of the Golden Witch

Marion 2009-07-04 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandakiara (Post 2492394)
So, well since we're talking about it here....

Has anything been confirmed when it comes to EP5's title? is it really 'the end of the golden witch'?

Technically this isn't the place to talk about it, but there's no confirmation on any title - at least not from 07th Expansion themselves.

Christen 2009-07-05 05:10

If it's going to be End of the Golden Witch, I think it's indeed about the true identity of the golden witch.

However, knowing it's true form is just one of the steps for a complete victory. It can't be the end yet.

Kitsu 2009-07-05 05:22

But we already suspected that Beatrice isn't the culprit, maybe knowing it's ture form is just more than one step away from solving the mystery

Nadeor 2009-07-05 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christen (Post 2493349)
If it's going to be End of the Golden Witch, I think it's indeed about the true identity of the golden witch.

However, knowing it's true form is just one of the steps for a complete victory. It can't be the end yet.

Saw that as well
Can it be that Beatrice resigned as the Golden Witch and joined Battler
and then someone came and took her place as the Golden Witch and carried on with the game?

Great~Then we won't have any troubles with beating the bad witch~

lovelysan 2009-07-05 08:47

Could be the birth of the Golden Wizard Battler Kihihihihihihhihi >D .

Yeah, I dunno, XD .

Jan-Poo 2009-07-05 09:35

Yeah I can imagine Battler beating Beatrice, then growing old realizing that he misses Beatrice a lot, become crazy and then create a sadistic game involving the murder of his own family to revive the witch and see her again.

vandakiara 2009-07-05 09:54

Ahahahah that sounds like Kinzo to me ;)

Jan200 2009-07-05 10:22

Kinzo=Old Battler :heh:

Skyfall 2009-07-05 12:36

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wikipedia
Umineko no Naku Koro ni on wikipedia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to other Umineko threads in AS Forums:

original doujin games
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 1 Legend of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 2 Turn of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 3 Banquet of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 4 Alliance of the golden witch
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Translation Project

images
Umineko Image Thread (wallpapers, fan art, gifs, etc.)
Umineko Avatar & Signature Request Thread

music
Umineko music discussion (OP/ED, game soundtracks, dramaCDs etc.)
Umineko music videos

manga
Umineko no Naku Koroni - manga thread

Kitsu 2009-07-05 12:37

Bernkastel?

Shinndou 2009-07-05 12:38

damn Ryukishi07, trolling us again D:

I can't help but think that it's Bernkastel with different clothing, as if she directly decided to step into the game and take control of it.

[edit] Nope it's not Bern, it's a new character. Same eye color as Beato though.

Sterling01 2009-07-05 12:41

Bern has different color eyes

Jenq 2009-07-05 12:41

So is Bernkastel going to be a game piece this time?

edit. Just noticed the eyes so it's not Bern.

Shinndou 2009-07-05 12:44

Did you guys notice the hand and the pool of blood at the right corner of the painting? The girl is basically sitting at a scene where a murder has been committed...

chronotrig 2009-07-05 12:44

Spoiler for huh?:

Chadauw 2009-07-05 12:44

Wait... Look at the portrait from Teapot's link.

IN the corner... Is that a hand?

Edit : too slow

Jan-Poo 2009-07-05 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronotrig (Post 2493929)
Whose hand is that hand? lol

Lol chronotrig! XD

So this mysterious girl is a new piece on the gameboard... where the hell that image leaked from? And yet there's no doubt it's a Ryukishi's work. The setting seems to be the parlor of the Ushiromiya's mansion.

I really don't think it's Bern, but seeing her now I'm not sure anymore she's a young Chiyo.

Shinndou 2009-07-05 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 2493943)
Lol chronotrig! XD

So this mysterious girl is a new piece on the gameboard... where the hell that image leaked from? And yet there's no doubt it's a Ryukishi's work. The setting seems to be the parlor of the Ushiromiya's mansion.

I really don't think it's Bern, but seeing her now I'm not sure anymore she's a young Chiyo.

What if she is...
Spoiler for Ep 4 details:

Jenq 2009-07-05 12:55

Spoiler for Ep5 portrait: