AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Helck ( Manga) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=140279)

Diluc 2015-12-27 00:03

Helck ( Manga)

http://img.bato.to/forums/uploads/1f...0ddfda1e2f.jpg
Author(s)
Nanao Nanaki
Artist(s)
Nanao Nanaki

Quote:

Summary
After the last Demon King was defeated, a Demon Kingdom is running a contest to choose the next King. A muscular and high-level human named Helck joined and said that he wants to destroy all human. Is he serious?

Elf "Vamirio", one of the four Great Kings of the whole Demon Empire, cannot believe in this. She is monitoring the contest. The story starts in the Demon Kingdom. What's the secret behind Helck and the human world?
The Main Character "Helck" is not your typical teenager boy rather a full-grown man
just imagine Muscular Hercules in Demon World
To say its like Overlord ;Helck is OP MC like Momonga but he opposite from Momonga
Momonga is cold and serious but Helck stupid and funny

Elestia 2015-12-27 01:23

Just started reading up on this manga like yesterday. Definitely very interesting deconstruction of "evil" demons vs "good" human fantasy story. Execution is great, characters are enjoyable, and the plot quickly turns quite sinister.

Helck for Demon Lord 2020!

Diluc 2015-12-27 03:17

Heh! Gotta love Vamirio-sama
she so tsun tsun

MrTerrorist 2015-12-27 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elestia (Post 5739971)
Just started reading up on this manga like yesterday. Definitely very interesting deconstruction of "evil" demons vs "good" human fantasy story. Execution is great, characters are enjoyable, and the plot quickly turns quite sinister.

Helck for Demon Lord 2020!

Elect him and he will build a wall to stop humans from entering the border.

LevelSeven 2015-12-27 11:01

interesting, i like to see that there are a few more storys with adult MCs instead of teenage ones :D

Diluc 2015-12-28 22:56

Apparently this manga has reached 3 volume in japan
Rest easy, we will catch the the current chapters sooner than expected. Especially the Scans group did pretty fast job to translated the chapters so far

Velsy 2015-12-30 02:57

At first I thought this looked kinda stupid. Like defuq is an elf part of the demon world, and whats with this muscle head hero, hes like a bag of muscle and acts very awkward and strange to the environment hes in. etc etc.

But... I decided to read a little more and surprising some aspects have become interesting that I want to read on. Namely what interests me the most is the death of his brother, who was the hero who kill the previous Demon Lord. Heckle seemed like he cared for his family. If its a betrayal like setting, then it could become quite interesting. If the humans are the backstabbing arrogant tyrants.

Tiberium Wolf 2015-12-30 03:10

Roxis > Better change the cover from vol 3 to vol 1. I think the vol 1 is better for introduction.

Diluc 2015-12-30 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf (Post 5742201)
Roxis > Better change the cover from vol 3 to vol 1. I think the vol 1 is better for introduction.

OK its Done

also for last chapter :
Azudora pretty badass as one of 4 king that should be expected.
think again, Vamirio must be OP as well but Helck is more OP than any of them.
Despite his Goofy nature Helck has serious side, suit on his grown man character

Velsy 2015-12-30 04:09

I dont know why, but I am starting to enjoy it more, the more Vamirio gets pissed off. Its like I cant wait til she gets an aneurysm.

darkage 2015-12-30 05:09

I think that helck was framed is more likely considering his personality and the plot

Fairy Water 2015-12-30 05:30

Vamirio is likely to be the best loli.
Azudora is cool :3 I have been waiting to see his face up close full HD!

Diluc 2015-12-30 07:41

for at least we have two potential shipping
Vamirio X Helck
Vamirio x Azudora

Choose guys!

J4n1 2015-12-30 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxis (Post 5742340)
for at least we have two potential shipping
Vamirio X Helck
Vamirio x Azudora

Choose guys!

What? no Helck X Azudora?

Anyway, read the first 19 chapters i found translated, and looks like this could be hilarious and awesome manga. :D

Tiberium Wolf 2016-01-02 01:30

Oh the lastest ch showed the witch. She kinda looks like Vamirio. Is it possible that's her older version that came back to the past?

MrTerrorist 2016-01-02 02:27

Or they're both related?

kari-no-sugata II 2016-01-02 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf (Post 5744342)
Oh the lastest ch showed the witch. She kinda looks like Vamirio. Is it possible that's her older version that came back to the past?

I don't think so - the witch doesn't seem to know about the future or Helck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 5744357)
Or they're both related?

The bird thing (Piuy) said in chapter 15 that Vamirio "Anne-chan smells like a grandma" but this should really be "Anne-chan smells like grandma" - Piuy calls the witch "babaa", which translates as "grandma", or more like "crone". When Vamirio first got to the island she had a nostalgic feeling. And we've not seen anyone else with the same style of eyes as Vamirio except the witch.

So yeah, I suspect they're related. Maybe Vamirio's memory of the witch got erased?

Incidentally, I've read as much of the raws as I could find but I don't think we get an answer to the above yet. At the rate the translator is going we might get to Helck's backstory in 1-2 months though.

Stark700 2016-01-02 08:25

I started reading this recently, didn't interest me at first but I'm starting to like the comedy aspect of it.

soularc55 2016-01-02 20:49

If anyone is interested. Here are the volume covers of Helck. About 5 volumes. Warning spoilers may be included.
Spoiler for covers:

kari-no-sugata II 2016-01-04 14:15

And more chapters translated :smile:

Epic trolling in this batch :D