AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 1011 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=156679)

marvelB 2021-04-19 10:46

One Piece - Chapter 1011 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Let's do this! Not much to go on now, but credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for the info, regardless:

-Chapter title is "Red Bean Virtue". Splash is a color page.

-Kid and Killer are shocked to not only see Big Mom back in the air, but has created a new homie, as well! And this one is a literal living bolt of lightning that BM has named Hera! This newest "child" of the empress sends the two supernovas flying back into the castle with a powerful thunder blast! The attack causes Kid's hold on Zeus' cage to weaken, releasing the cloud. He begins searching for Linlin, but Law warps him away with himself and Zoro before he can escape.... leaving Luffy alone with Kaidou. The two continue their battle, which rocks the island....

-Back inside the castle, Kid and Killer are still determined to stop Big Mom from reuniting with Kaidou. However,, as they search for her, they run into their former ally, Hawkins! Kid accuses him of treachery, but the shaman pirate says Apoo was the traitorous one.... he merely did what was necessary to survive. Killer decides to deal with the traitor himself while Kid sets to find Big Mom. Hawkins, upon transforming into his giant scarecrow/voodoo doll mode, tells Killer he has a 92% chance of dying. However, the masked one is unconcerned with predictions and statistics! Meanwhile, Nami's group are still being chased by Page One, who they have trouble shaking off. During the chase, Tama says she'll give the Gifters one final order upon reaching the concert hall, thus concluding her role in the war. Soon, Usopp manages to briefly slow down Pay-Pay, with some explosions but his group suddenly has a surprise encounter with..... BIG MOM!!! Naturally, Nami and Usopp are terrified, but not so much Tama.... who's surprisingly friendly with "O-Lin". According to Prometheus, Linlin gets friendly like this with children below the age of ten, which he describes as her seldom-seen "Mother Mode" She has happy memories of the Okobore villagers treating her well and sharing oshiruko with her, but when Tama tells her that the village was destroyed by Kaidou's forces, the empress becomes most livid......

-Page One finally catches up, and tells BM to not let their enemies escape! But instead, it's Pay-Pay who now faces the empress' wrath, who accuses him of having no morals! Ulti watches on in shock as her brother gets beaten down by O-Lin....!!!!

-BTW, just a reminder that next week is the Golden Week holiday in Japan, so the magazine itself will be on break. However, there's been a long tradition of early leaks during GW breaks, so stay tuned around that time for any surprises! ;)

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Hoodspirit 2021-04-19 12:51

I must have been asleep for... 2years?! chapter 1111?!

Hard to tell who the dinosaur is in the last panel. Could be Ulti's Tail and hind leg, Sasaki or Queen.

Kanon 2021-04-19 16:59

1111 is a neat number, but it's 1011, marvel :heh:

I was surprised spoilers came out this soon, but there really isn't much to go on.

grecefar 2021-04-19 17:56

didn't you know that he came from the future?, even then one piece hasn't ended.

marvelB 2021-04-19 19:37

LOL, I didn't even notice I made a typo, my bad. :heh: My thanks to the mods for fixing it, though.

Anyway, as far as the dino at the end goes, maybe it's Yamato? She was hinted to be a Zoan a while back, so maybe the time has finally come for her to finally unleash her inner beast?

Ramero 2021-04-20 07:33

I just some leaks, and apparently Big Mom is siding with Tama. It seems that she's doting on the kids while not much on adults.

Kanon 2021-04-20 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramero (Post 6470459)
I just some leaks, and apparently Big Mom is siding with Tama. It seems that she's doting on the kids while not much on adults.

Yeah, apparently she's sweet on kids under a certain age. But what makes her angry and side with Tama is hearing that Okobore town got destroyed. She's outraged at the lack of morals of the Beast pirates, which is kind of surprising.

Seems like the alliance between Big Mom and Kaido fell through for good.

marvelB 2021-04-20 11:20

Summary updated! Good to finally see some payoff from that whole amnesia episode. Now that leaves the wedding cake. Maybe Nami will tell her who had a hand in its creation....?

Also, a little disappointed that Hawkins is still an enemy at this point. I suppose it's not too late for that to change, though....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6470465)
She's outraged at the lack of morals of the Beast pirates, which is kind of surprising.

Yeah, pretty hypocritical coming from the lady who's perfectly willing to lay entire nations to waste over something as petty as CANDY. :heh:

Hoodspirit 2021-04-20 12:30

Spoilers look good so far.

Not sold on a Killer vs Hawkins yet, both seem very rational and might come to an understanding without a prolonged fight.

I'm pretty interested in BM's "mode" for Tama and how this will conflict with Nami and Usopp being there. It's not an Amnesia right now, she should still remember them, so will she be friendly, ignore or threaten them?

Ulti's reaction should be a given, Nami could interfere with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 6470477)
Now that leaves the wedding cake. Maybe Nami will tell her who had a hand in its creation....?

Don't think the wedding cake will be a card that is played now. Maybe at the end to safe Luffy's life or so, if Big Mom is still around after the fight with Kaido.

Rainbowman 2021-04-21 00:59

Didn’t think Big Mom could convert to her O-Lin alter ego.

marvelB 2021-04-22 10:49

Summary updated again! So, something interesting to note: According to Usopp, Tama's dangos are only effective on SMILE users, not "legit" Zoans. So we finally know the limits of her power. Also, Linlin's new homie, Hera, seems to be a girl. Poor Zeus, to think he may be replaced by his new "little sister". :p And while on the subject of BM, she used CoC coating on Pay-Pay when she thrashed him. Really makes me wonder how Kid plans to take her down by himself after all the power she displayed this chapter....?

Hoodspirit 2021-04-22 11:54

Oh no, why do I have the feeling that Tama will get shot by Queen?

Also, in addition to the greek mythology, Hera is also a nice wordplay if it is referring to menhera.

Zolton 2021-04-22 12:54

Ehhh... Big Mom loves kids and feels grateful to the villagers for feeding her? The same Big Mom who violently abuses her own children and burns down cities when they don't send her their monthly quota of snacks? This is ridiculous. I mean it could've worked if Big Mom just helped Tama on a whim, but then she started talking nonsense about pirates having morals and Prometheus said she's in her rare motherly mode that we've never seen before. Eurgh.

Page One got hit with a CoC Ryou attack from a Yonko, I'll be surprised if he gets up after this. But that means no opponent for Usopp... Who will Usopp fight now? And Nami now has access to a powerful lightning to take down Ulti, so it looks like the Tobi Roppo fights are going to be resolved soon.

Hoodspirit 2021-04-22 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zolton (Post 6470659)
Ehhh... Big Mom loves kids and feels grateful to the villagers for feeding her? The same Big Mom who violently abuses her own children and burns down cities when they don't send her their monthly quota of snacks? This is ridiculous. I mean it could've worked if Big Mom just helped Tama on a whim, but then she started talking nonsense about pirates having morals and Prometheus said she's in her rare motherly mode that we've never seen before. Eurgh.

Page One got hit with a CoC Ryou attack from a Yonko, I'll be surprised if he gets up after this. But that means no opponent for Usopp... Who will Usopp fight now? And Nami now has access to a powerful lightning to take down Ulti, so it looks like the Tobi Roppo fights are going to be resolved soon.

BigMom is a selfish character, so you have to view it from her perspective.
People giving her food = good, people don't giving her indigrents = bad.
That's why burning the first village is bad to her and the second one is justice.
It's same with the morale code, do something good to me when I needed help, I won't harm you. You didn't do anything for me (even not having done anything bad to me), I won't have to spare you.
It's very bottom line human.

I hope Page One stays down, it would really show ho devastating these CoC attacks are, since we can't be shown that on the rooftop as the fight will need to continue for a long time.

marvelB 2021-04-22 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zolton (Post 6470659)

Well, to be fair, we've really only seen Linlin act hostile towards her adult children. She's probably much kinder to her younger offspring (like Anana, who's the youngest Charlotte child at 8 years old), so I don't think this behavior is all that odd, personally. Plus, this probably stems from her growing up with those orphans from her own childhood..... whom she still seems oblivious to having cannibalized. :uhoh:

And yeah, I already brought up her hypocrisy about having a moral code. Unless, she specifically orders her forces to spare all kids under age 10 or something, heh. :heh:

Hoodspirit 2021-04-22 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 6470661)
Well, to be fair, we've really only seen Linlin act hostile towards her adult children. She's probably much kinder to her younger offspring (like Anana, who's the youngest Charlotte child at 8 years old), so I don't think this behavior is all that odd, personally. Plus, this probably stems from her growing up with those orphans from her own childhood..... whom she still seems oblivious to having cannibalized. :uhoh:

And yeah, I already brought up her hypocrisy about having a moral code. Unless, she specifically orders her forces to spare all kids under age 10 or something, heh. :heh:

Anana is a good example.
I have seen people bringing up her bullying young Pudding as counter-argument. But here as well, one has to see that from Big Mom's perspective not Pudding's.
From Pudding's perspective it was bullying, telling her that her third eye looks ugly.
But from BigMom's perspective, she tells Pudding how to look prettier for her.

Also, it's not that she would spare kids in general, it's being nice to the kids she personally met.
It's like buying your neighbour's kid ice cream instead of donating that money to starving children you don't know.

marvelB 2021-04-22 14:20

^Y'know, this conversation makes me really curious as to how BM treated Katakuri in his youth. We've seen him as a kid in some brief flashbacks, but he was only shown hanging around his siblings, not his mother. Was she strict on him due to his mouth deformity? If so, is that what motivated him to become the strongest Sweet Commander? I'd love for Oda to touch upon this (possibly through the SBS or Vivre Card databook)....

Kanon 2021-04-22 18:10

So I guess we're looking at a three-way battle, unless the Straw-hats can manage to convince Big Mom to work with them.

Ramero 2021-04-22 19:23

If Nami can manipulate Big Mom, she can use her for advantage.

Tuor 2021-04-22 22:32

So, as I recall, Homies like Zeus and Prometheus are created directly from Big Mom's soul. Does this mean that Big Mom just, in effect, weakened herself? Big Mom may be powerful, but chopping off part of her soul has to diminish her to a degree. I wonder if we'll see the results of that down the road?