AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   [Anime] FMA:B Favorite Character Poll - rd 1 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83900)

White Manju Bun 2009-07-13 14:32

[Anime] FMA:B Favorite Character Poll - rd 1

It's time for a Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Favourite Characters Poll! This poll is a multiple choice poll and while we won’t restrict you from voting for every character, please try to limit your choice to your top 3 or 4 picks if you can. If you like the entire cast equally, then so be it, but if you can narrow it down a bit, then that’s even better. If you like one character the most, then don’t feel the need to vote for anymore.

Please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the characters you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible to all. :)

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• This thread is Anime only
    No mention of characters that haven't been shown yet in the anime. Manga spoilers will lead to BAN!

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Now with multiple choice!! :heh:

If you dont see your fave character please try the [Anime] FMA:B Favorite Character Poll - rd 2 thread.

izmosmolnar 2009-07-13 16:48

Voted on Armstrong only, as he deserves it for being badass, and I'm surprised to see I'm the only who voted on him. O_o
Oh well, he didn't had much of a role so far, so it's understandable.

Sannom 2009-07-13 19:11

Voted for Winry, Alex Louis Armstrong, Scar and King Bradley.

Winry because I love the way she grows at the same time as the Elric brothers, but in another way. She is also their main support, an excellent mechanic and Ed's love interest :D

Ales Louis Armstrong because he is funny and strong, I'm really glad to see a big guy who is actually competent in a manga!

Scar because he is a really sad character, eaten away by his anger who made him forget about the good things in life, like his fondness for kitties (loved how he was ready to pet Xiao Mei in episode 15 :D ). But I'm sure that he will come to do better things than simply looking for revenge.

Bradley, because, well, he is Bradley : the most powerful foe you can imagine, smart, unbeatable, competent, and so badass, what's with butchering Greed like that???

Darklord_bg 2009-07-13 19:48

Voted for Roy, Riza, Hughes, Armstrong, Scar, Greed and Bradley...

Seriously, this show has so many great unique characters, it was very hard to restrict it even to those.

I am surprised Hughes is so low in the rankings so far. I was expecting him to dominate this thing. Maybe it's because he did not have as much screen time in this second anime adaptation.

Vicious108 2009-07-13 20:03

This is a pretty difficult poll since for me FMA is the series with the most likeable extensive cast out there. Every other character is a big favorite of mine.

Still, was able to tone it down to two. Ed, because who can resist him, and Envy, because sadistic palm trees are fun.

Kirarakim 2009-07-13 20:31

Interestingly the top 3 here: Ed, Roy, and Riza are also the top 3 in Japan according to the latest character poll.

Anyways I voted for those 3 and also Al & Winry. I can't go into details for the reason I love my favorites because of spoilers but I will try to be brief.

Ed: I love his love for his brother and just in general his strong value for human life. I also love his attitude and snark and of course the fact that underneath it all he really is a lovable dork.

Al: I love his kindness but also his cool head and confidence. He is also quite cunning, Ed is not the only clever one in the family.

Riza: I love that she is a strong and smart female character but she is nowhere emotionless

Winry: I love her heart and the fact that although she might not be a strong fighter she has her own type of strength and is not to be taken lightly.

Roy: I love that he is really not useless (it's hard to go into Roy because a lot of his first great moments are coming up in the story).

Though really I love every character in FMA and I feel bad limiting myself to just these 5. Next poll will be even harder for me because I am also very fond of the 3 characters that were just introduced in this last episode.

Oh and thanks for making the poll again White Manju Bun. :)

The Chaos 2009-07-13 20:50

voted for :::

-Edward Elric
-Alphonse Elric
-Winry Rockbell
-Roy Mustang
-Riza Hawkeye
-Maes Hughes
-Alex Louis Armstrong
-Scar

:D

Darklord_bg 2009-07-13 21:39

It's funny how the exact same people who voted for Roy, voted for Riza as well. Those two really go together as a pair ;)

Shiroth 2009-07-14 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirarakim (Post 2513057)
Interestingly the top 3 here: Ed, Roy, and Riza are also the top 3 in Japan according to the latest character poll.

Indeed it's pretty interesting, especially if you keep in the thought that it's the poll for towards the end of the story, and this was is for the beginning.

Darklord_bg 2009-07-14 04:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2513664)
Indeed it's pretty interesting, especially if you keep in the thought that it's the poll for towards the end of the story, and this was is for the beginning.

I think most people who voted have read the manga and based their impressions on the characters on their whole performance.

For instance, why would Roy be so high, he hasn't done anything so far in the anime...

Shiroth 2009-07-14 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darklord_bg (Post 2513730)
I think most people who voted have read the manga and based their impressions on the characters on their whole performance.

For instance, why would Roy be so high, he hasn't done anything so far in the anime...

Yeah i know that, even though the rules say this is an anime poll. :p

Oh and poor Gluttony.

Vicious108 2009-07-14 13:39

Guess now we know we can use Gluttony's spot for someone else come the next poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirarakim (Post 2513057)

Funny you'd mention that, since you voted for the top 5 in Japan yourself.

Kirarakim 2009-07-14 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Twilight (Post 2514458)
Funny you'd mention that, since you voted for the top 5 in Japan yourself.

What can I say the fans in Japan have good taste ;)

Mistypearl 2009-07-14 13:54

Ooops I forgot to add Gluttony to my top picks, I don't know why but I've gotten attached to him a bit, he can have his err cute moments, like a big fleshy puppy with big pointy teeth. Anyway I voted for Riza, Roy, and Izumi, I actually really like most of the FMA cast, but I tried to get it down to my current faves.

White Manju Bun 2009-07-14 19:52

Voted for Ed, Roy, Riza, Envy and Hughes. (I love Al but again hard to narrow to 5). Ed (although I shouldnt use this for voting incentive) but I love Paku Romi as him. I think her performance is better then first series. Roy, the man is godly :heh: Riza, only person who can contain Roy :D Envy, best homonculi in my opinion. Hughes, do I need to explain why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
Guess now we know we can use Gluttony's spot for someone else come the next poll.

Next poll will contain different characters since like Soul Eater, FMA has lots.

Vicious108 2009-07-14 20:54

Indeed it does. There's so many good and important ones that it'll be hard to narrow it down to 20 in the future.

Looking forward to seeing a certain Major General and other future characters in it.

Haladflire65 2009-07-15 00:10

I voted for Roy, Riza, Hughes and Envy. I'm just such a huge fan of Roy and Riza, and lately I've been growing attached to Hughes and Envy, too. :)

Ziziphus 2009-07-15 04:00

Does it look odd that while I voted for Hughes I also voted for Envy? :confused: The truth is I've been interested in Envy's character since 1st anime and I didn't hate him for killing Hughes. I'm looking forward to this new version of him in Brotherhood!

My other votes were for Ed, Al and Winry! They are perfect as a trio and oh, how I love to see them as a real family in the future! :p

Anyway, although I voted for 5, Ed was my most favourite character in FMA and my most favorite of all time!!! Let's see who can surpass him and claim 1st place in this poll! :heh:

Vicious108 2009-07-15 09:22

Roy's reaction to the poll:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...nerate/roy.png

So far anyways. :D

Sannom 2009-07-15 09:39

Nah, but his defeat here can never reach the epic-level of his defeats in the official polls. I mean, it's not a gap there is between him and Ed, its more of a pit :heh: The difference counts in thousands of votes I think.