AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Watashi ni XX Shinasai! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=86366)

MrTerrorist 2009-09-17 12:23

Watashi ni XX Shinasai!
 
Quote:

From Nagareboshi Manga:

In class, she's a sort of zoned-out girl, and he's the year one class' most perfect, good-looking guy.
But the two of them have a secret, and their extraordinary "love experience" will start now!
Spoiler for Chapter 1:

frubam 2009-09-17 12:45

Yeah, this manga is pretty good, and the 3rd chap finally came out too. I like the art style, it's the same as Koko ni Iru Yo(maybe by the same author as well). With only 3 chapters its still good, because Yukino's feelings are still platonic, and hopefully they'll stay that way for a while.

BlueDo 2009-09-17 20:25

Yep, been reading this.
Seems like irregular releases.

I feel like a lot of cliched things are going to happen, but it'll be a fun ride.

Jze0 2009-09-18 22:59

I've also been reading this for a while and I really like it so far. One of the few Shoujo manga that has my interest as of right now. The main character is something else and I love the fact that she always seems to be one step ahead of the male lead with his tricks to get back at her an all. Her missions are also fun to watch too. I think these two will slowly fall in love.

MrTerrorist 2009-12-16 11:15

I been reading the new chapters & its got more interesting.
Spoiler for 4-6:

DJ Trouble 2009-12-16 17:40

Haha, I ran across this the other day. It's a very interesting story, more interesting than I thought it would be. Six chapters wasn't enough though. It doesn't look like anyone is releasing this steadily though.

Jze0 2009-12-16 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Trouble (Post 2824237)
Haha, I ran across this the other day. It's a very interesting story, more interesting than I thought it would be. Six chapters wasn't enough though. It doesn't look like anyone is releasing this steadily though.

Theres a reason for that... this series is monthly. Plus current scanlations are caught up but I think ch 7 raws came out last week or sometime recently.

frubam 2009-12-16 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 2823630)
I been reading the new chapters & its got more interesting.
Spoiler for 4-6:

I can't say that I like how Yukino just blew off Akira like that, despite the fact that he saved her AND had a serious expression when he was confessing to her. That was VERY disappointing to me, to say the least. Could she not feel the empathy in his words? I know this is the trivial "he's my best friend, so he couldn't be serious" cliche that pops up in alot of shoujo mangas these days, but I was actually hoping for a Strobe Edge ch12/13 scenario, where
Spoiler for Str Edge c12/13:
That would have made that scene had more impact than it did. I don't even understand how someone like her can like Hinata, despite what he's done to her. Maybe she's a masochist >.>.

DJ Trouble 2009-12-16 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jze0 (Post 2824600)
Theres a reason for that... this series is monthly. Plus current scanlations are caught up but I think ch 7 raws came out last week or sometime recently.

That's a relief. I thought I saw 08 releases for the first few chapters. xD I'll have to start paying closer attention to release dates.

HayashiTakara 2009-12-17 00:36

*ahem* bad boy wins again? shame... this one series is going to go for the stereotypical shoujo route.

ZODDGUTS 2009-12-17 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 2824877)
*ahem* bad boy wins again? shame... this one series is going to go for the stereotypical shoujo route.

Eh personally the only reason I'm following this series is because of the constant banter going on between the two, always trying to one up each other, it's fun to watch.

DanielSong39 2009-12-17 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 2824617)
I don't even understand how someone like her can like Hinata, despite what he's done to her. Maybe she's a masochist >.>.

If it makes you feel any better, she treats him just as bad as he treats her. Truly, we're seeing some major sado-masochistic dynamics in this manga... when are we going to see the whips and chains?

Sol Falling 2009-12-17 02:16

The premise/title of this manga is too sexy. I'm glad Akira basically amounts to nothing, 'cause he's got nothing to do with said dynamic. Hinata may have done a jerk thing in chapter 4, but even he knew he took it too far that time (just didn't get a chance to fix it), and their antagonistic/adversarial relationship is key to the awesome tension in all these 'do XX to me' scenes.

Honestly, I don't get why anybody would prefer Akira. He's just the generic 'loyal'/'protective' :rolleyes: childhood friend. Though maybe that sarcasm is unwarranted; given that he didn't even kiss Yukina when she asked him to, why do we assume he has romantic feelings for her in the first place? Anyway, point is, Akira brings nothing central to the story; this manga has been about Yukina's relationship with Hinata from the beginning--without it, it wouldn't even exist.

Anyway, this manga's been on my list for a while now as just below my triumvirate of awesome shoujo manga (those being Momo, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and Akagami no Shiroyuki). Tooyama Ema's art is pretty damn nice too (in a unique way), and she's also got quite a nice cute/light/fanservicey seinen comedy called Hyakuen! going right now so honestly I can say I'm a fan.

frubam 2009-12-17 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sol (Post 2824984)
Honestly, I don't get why anybody would prefer Akira. He's just the generic 'loyal'/'protective' :rolleyes: childhood friend. Though maybe that sarcasm is unwarranted; given that he didn't even kiss Yukina when she asked him to, why do we assume he has romantic feelings for her in the first place? Anyway, point is, Akira brings nothing central to the story; this manga has been about Yukina's relationship with Hinata from the beginning--without it, it wouldn't even exist.

Whether Akira is likable or not is irrelevant, she believed the words of someone she barely knows(Hinata), not to mention knowing he doesn't agree with what she's doing to him, yet DOESN'T believe the words of her best friend, who's supported her(i'm assuming) from the beginning. Did she see his heroic act of saving her at teh end of ch 5 as nothing? Now i'm the first to complain and throw around "cliche" when i see it, and indeed, his position as Yukino's friend/protector is cliche', but at least she should respect the resolve he had to do what he did. I almost have the impression that he isn't her best friend, and that he is only someone who hangs around her(i.e. the idea of them being friends is one-sided).

frubam 2010-01-22 16:08

Hinata fails at trying to hide his feelings. With my feelings as they are right now towards him, I hate that he is eventually going to end up with Yukina.

i thought it was SOOOO cute how she was logically analyzing what Hinata said about her being cute, and even discussing it with her parents :heh:.

As far as the end, now THAT'S more what I was expecting. I had a feeling Akira would come through at least once if Hinata screwed up. Even though I don't think Yukina will change her mind about how she feels about Akira, if she can at least come to understand a little about receiving affection without having to ask someone to give it, then she will evolve herself a bit further as a char[though she has already changed a bit from how she was at the very beginning of the story].

HayashiTakara 2010-01-22 19:22

She's only attracted to the "bad boy" because of the dillusions of "first times"... ah to be young again.

Sol Falling 2010-01-22 21:23

I think shoving Hinata into the 'bad boy' box or character type is pretty off base. lol seriously, he has nothing of the standard 'bad boy' appeal. Let's recap:

-His standard personality is super kind nice guy.
-He gets off on making girls think he's a nice person, not making them want him sexually.
-His actual personality is a (pettily) self-centered and arrogant bitch.
-He gets petty and vengeful against something as minor as some girl discovering his true personality and blackmailing him, instead of being a real bad boy and taking control of her in a more threatening and physical manner.

Hinata is nothing like an actual 'bad boy'. You might think that way because he isn't a nice guy and Yukina is attracted to him, which sets of the standard 'why are women attracted to jerks?' response, but Yukina is only actually attracted to him because she is a fairly strange animal herself, what with her introversion, novel writing, and lack of romantic experience. It has nothing to do with Hinata's genuine 'bad boy' qualities, of which he has none.

The reason why YukinaxHinata is superior to YukinaxAkira is because it is redemptive/positive growth for the both of them. Neither Yukina nor Hinata connect with people on any real level. Just as Yukina is always hiding behind her glasses, Hinata is always hiding behind his kind and smiling ('perfect' :rolleyes:) face. Hinata is a petty, two-faced jerk, while Yukina has no problem blackmailing people and forcing them to obey her. Neither of them are in any position to grow into healthy, happy people with healthy, happy relationships. That is why the possibility of them actually growing to like each other and open up genuinely is so compelling. Akira, on the other hand, has no real personal issues. Furthermore, as he is already close to and understands Yukina by nature of being family, falling in love with him wouldn't really do anything to help her to learn to open up to the rest of the world.

I don't think any of the readers are supposed to find Hinata an especially attractive character (from the author's perspective; aside from his character design, that is, which has to have at least the standard shoujo appeal). I do think we are supposed to find him a sympathetic character, however. He's just young and has succeeded in fooling people well enough that he hasn't learned how to consider other people's feelings yet. You can see that he's a decent guy beneath it all, though, because he felt bad when he hurt his 'enemy' beyond what was right and because he did despite his position genuinely manage to find a girl as innocent as Yukina 'cute'.

As for chapter 8's cliffhanger, :P there will be some challenges ahead. I'm on the edge of my seat though.

ZODDGUTS 2010-01-26 14:52

Shigure a bad boy? Have we been reading the same manga? :twitch:

What Sol Falling said about Shigure is right about he's character.


Anyways about ch 9 good development, this will make Yukina figure out on her own how she feels about Shigure and Akira though it's pretty obvious how she feels. Once she figures it out will she fight for Shigure's love? Thinks so even with the girl that Shigure apparently likes is coming back to school.

Sol Falling 2010-01-27 03:16

Saw this on mangafox; here's the cover for Chapter 10, it seems to be a preview from an official website or something (there are a couple pages of the actual chapter too if you go to the link; I'm gonna refrain from spoiling myself though):

http://games.nakayosi-net.com/image/...ni/page01.html
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...atasini1_2.jpghttp://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...atasini1_1.jpg

Damn hot innit? Let's get hyped and stuff ;).

Kunagisa 2010-02-01 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sol Falling (Post 2886737)
Saw this on mangafox; here's the cover for Chapter 10, it seems to be a preview from an official website or something (there are a couple pages of the actual chapter too if you go to the link; I'm gonna refrain from spoiling myself though):

http://games.nakayosi-net.com/image/...ni/page01.html
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...atasini1_2.jpghttp://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...atasini1_1.jpg

Damn hot innit? Let's get hyped and stuff ;).

... this doesn't turn into a 1 girl 2 guy thing does it? I'm a huge fan of Hyakuen and was thinking about reading this, which I felt pretty good after reading chapter 1, but ... seeing that spread makes me reconsider.

Sol Falling 2010-02-01 17:42

Hyakuen is really cute, I'm a fan of it too. As for this one, it isn't a 2 guys being with 1 girl at the same time thing, no; that's just for the cover. The real situation is more like the usual love triangle, actually. However, it's been pretty clear from the beginning that the guy with the black hair is the real love interest, and the story has kept it that way.

:P don't worry about the spread, and please do continue to check this one out. I'm pretty sure the spread is only that way for the sake of being hot and pretty.

Kunagisa 2010-02-01 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sol Falling (Post 2895426)
Hyakuen is really cute, I'm a fan of it too. As for this one, it isn't a 2 guys being with 1 girl at the same time thing, no; that's just for the cover. The real situation is more like the usual love triangle, actually. However, it's been pretty clear from the beginning that the guy with the black hair is the real love interest, and the story has kept it that way.

:P don't worry about the spread, and please do continue to check this one out. I'm pretty sure the spread is only that way for the sake of being hot and pretty.

Sweet, I can probably find an hour or two and burn through the available chapters this weekend. It's not that I hate love triangles, I just find the setup for them usually doesn't capture my interest. Seeing this does make me feel better about the story though.

Chiibi 2010-02-08 23:30

I LOVE this manga.

I LOVE Yukina.
I LOVE Kitami.
I LOVE YukinaxKitami
I HATE Akira.

:D

Matt122005 2010-02-09 01:19

As a cell phone novel fan, yes, I do like this. It's a bit cheezy at times and cliche, but still a cute read. ^_^

Chiibi 2010-02-12 13:05

Ugh........Akira is growing more annoying with each chapter....:mad:

While Kitami is turning into more of a sweetie. :D

Jze0 2010-02-15 00:30

The Kitami's mysterious friend Mami made her appearance this chapter. I'm really curious to see how Yukina will react to her next chapter... its should be interesting since the theme lastest has been jealousy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi (Post 2912115)
Ugh........Akira is growing more annoying with each chapter....:mad:

I have to agree with this, he needs to back off.

frubam 2010-02-16 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi (Post 2912115)
Ugh........Akira is growing more annoying with each chapter....:mad:

While Kitami is turning into more of a sweetie. :D

This is funny, as no one(except me i think) was saying how annoying Kitami has been since the beginning of the manga. Akira hasn't done anything [relatively] different than Kitami, except Akira is actually man enough to admit and follow through with his feelings. I don't see how Akira can be annoying when he's trying to get the girl he loves AND be upfront about it, yet Kitami isn't despite the fact that he claims he doesn't love her, yet, keeps trying to keep Akira away. To me, THAT is annoying! Kitami is clearly the "bad guy" in this situation.

Chiibi 2010-02-18 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 2918703)
This is funny, as no one(except me i think) was saying how annoying Kitami has been since the beginning of the manga. Akira hasn't done anything [relatively] different than Kitami, except Akira is actually man enough to admit and follow through with his feelings. I don't see how Akira can be annoying when he's trying to get the girl he loves AND be upfront about it, yet Kitami isn't despite the fact that he claims he doesn't love her, yet, keeps trying to keep Akira away. To me, THAT is annoying! Kitami is clearly the "bad guy" in this situation.

I don't see anything "man" about interrupting someone else's date and dragging her away by force while she's clearly expressing she DOESN'T want to go with you!!:mad: Sounds more like behavior from those psychotic ex-girlfriends you always hear about.

Akira's being a selfish, possessive little ass who seriously needs to back off and respect Yukina's feelings.:frustrated:

This is the situation here:

Spoiler:

^
He might have well as said that!! :mad: So until he shows the slightest hint that he wants Yukina to be happy instead just himself, I'm hating on his ass. >_> Did you see his eyes when he looked at the photograph? He's going yandere on us. That's what jealousy does, I guess.

Kitami isn't being unmanly. He's being a tsundere and tsunderes are cute.:D Besides,
Spoiler:


Another point is: Akira has told Yukina he loves her yet he doesn't seem to love her enough to let her make her own decisions, and when she does, he sabotages them! Kitami has not told her he loves her yet but it's clear he's starting to, however he has not made her do anything she hasn't wanted to do since chapter 4 and I think that says a lot.
Actions speak louder than words.

HayashiTakara 2010-02-18 17:11

Both male leads suck. One is a womanizer and the other is needy.

Chiibi 2010-02-18 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 2921923)
Both male leads suck. One is a womanizer and the other is needy.

Kitami does NOT suck. :mad: He's not really a womanizer because he doesn't even date the girls. It's not like he leads them on or anything.

But yes, Akira sucks for sure. :D

Slick_rick 2010-02-18 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi (Post 2921831)
I don't see anything "man" about interrupting someone else's date and dragging her away by force while she's clearly expressing she DOESN'T want to go with you!!:mad: Sounds more like behavior from those psychotic ex-girlfriends you always hear about.

Akira's being a selfish, possessive little ass who seriously needs to back off and respect Yukina's feelings.:frustrated:

Aren't you being a bit hypocritical? That's pretty much the same thing Kitami basically did. He dragged her on the date to keep her away from sleeping over with Akira, then took her phone away from her to tell Akira that she wouldn't be going. Later he drags her to a playground where he tells her that they'll be sleeping at. Not possessive? Not selfish? Did he respect her feelings?? Give me a break.

Akira is more honest with his feelings which generally makes him a bit more likable for me. But I agree with HayashiTakara. Both aren't anything special but Akira is a lot better so far and also that might have been the worst date chapter I've ever read. The chemistry was in the negative range.

frubam 2010-02-18 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayataka (Post 2921923)
Both male leads suck. One is a womanizer and the other is needy.

Akira does NOT suck :mad: He's not really needy, he's just expressing his love for the girl he loves in a very honest way.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chii (Post 2921935)
Akira has told Yukina he loves her yet he doesn't seem to love her enough to let her make her own decisions, and when she does, he sabotages them! Kitami has not told her he loves her yet but it's clear he's starting to, however he has not made her do anything she hasn't wanted to do since chapter 4 and I think that says a lot.
Actions speak louder than words.

He is looking out for her better interests by making sure she doesn't get hurt. And I don't think what you consider "sabotage" from Akira is nothing compare to technically kidnapping Yukina and preventing her from going home. To me, it's like Kitami's saying "I don't like you like that, but I don't want you to do anything with anyone else either." That's the epitome of selfishness. From his perspective, with someone as questionable as Kitami, and based on his previous actions, Akira knows that Kitami will only cause Yukina pain in the end.

musume_no_hoshi 2010-02-18 18:28

Eh? There's a serious coversation about this manga? I didn't think much of it, other then it being an extremely moe high school romance comedy. The characters seem pretty stereotypical for shoujo manga standard, I don't really see a problem with the characters :heh:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
Both male leads suck.

I somehow agree with this. But of course Kitami is going to turn good eventually. I guess Yukina outshines all the characters in this manga.

Chiibi 2010-02-18 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick_rick (Post 2922030)
Aren't you being a bit hypocritical? That's pretty much the same thing Kitami basically did. He dragged her on the date to keep her away from sleeping over with Akira, then took her phone away from her to tell Akira that she wouldn't be going. Later he drags her to a playground where he tells her that they'll be sleeping at. Not possessive? Not selfish? Did he respect her feelings?? Give me a break.

No, I won't give you a break.
IT'S DIFFERENT BECAUSE YUKINA LIKED IT.:rolleyes:

She likes it. Kitami knew she didn't want to go with Akira and he pretty much did her a favor by hiding her from him. She likes Kitami and she likes being with Kitami. Taking her away from him makes her sad. Akira is either too stupid or too selfish to understand this.

Quote:

To me, it's like Kitami's saying "I don't like you like that, but I don't want you to do anything with anyone else either."
*facepalm* He TOLD her he liked her already! Will you guys please read the manga properly or at least try to remember the important stuff that makes your arguments void?

Quote:

He is looking out for her better interests by making sure she doesn't get hurt.
No, he's being a whiny bitch because she's not paying attention to him. Perhaps that is the excuse he's thinking he should use but really, if Yukina liked another guy who was not Kitami, I do not think he'd behave any differently at all. Jealousy is bringing out the worst in him. And she doesn't NEED him to look out for her. She's doing fine on her own!

Slick_rick 2010-02-18 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi (Post 2922119)
No, I won't give you a break.
IT'S DIFFERENT BECAUSE YUKINA LIKED IT.:rolleyes:

How do you know she liked it? She hasn't really shown much preference either way. But, even if we say she likes it then how do we know she won't like it also with Akira? So far we've had no real insight into her feelings for him and if they could be more. Why should he be demonized because he's going after the girl he likes? What wrong with that? He honest about it and doesn't hide the fact. Sure, he's not being a "cute" tsundere but I think that such a bad thing at all. Why should he throw away his feelings?

There is a boatload of hypocrisy at the center of your criticism of Akira. You prefer Kitami so because Akira has the "nerve" to be forward with her then he must be "stupid" or "selfish" etc..



Quote:

No, he's being a whiny bitch because she's not paying attention to him. Perhaps that is the excuse he's thinking he should use but really, if Yukina liked another guy who was not Kitami, I do not think he'd behave any differently at all. Jealousy is bringing out the worst in him. And she doesn't NEED him to look out for her. She's doing fine on her own!
And jealousy isn't a major motivator for Kitami either? She was willing to explore love with Akira too lets not forget. Why is it Kitami getting a free pass on this while you decry Akira? Oh, because your oh so superior than the rest of us knowledge into this manga has told you that she likes it when Kitami does it and doesn't like it when Akira does the same thing... got it.

I think in the end Kitami will almost certainly win out but I don't see the purpose of making out Akira to be some sort of bad person because of his standing of the way of your pairing. That is the beginning and end of your motives for criticizing him and you should at least acknowledge that.

Chiibi 2010-02-18 21:46

Quote:

She was willing to explore love with Akira too lets not forget.
Sorry, when was that? I don't remember anything like that at all.

Quote:

How do you know she liked it?
Duh, because Kitami is the one she LIKES. xD If she didn't like it, she'd try to leave the playground...or at least say, "Let me out, Shigure."
Quote:

But, even if we say she likes it then how do we know she won't like it also with Akira?
Duh, because he's the one she DOESN'T like. XD She doesn't go all doki-doki and blush over him and he's not the one she thinks about, not like she does with Kitami. She got angry with him for interrupting her date, didn't she?
These three pages say it all here:
Spoiler:

Quote:

Oh, because your oh so superior than the rest of us knowledge into this manga has told you that she likes it when Kitami does it and doesn't like it when Akira does the same thing... got it.
You know, voicing your opinion is fine but acting like a jerk is quite uncalled for. -_- And all you have to do is to use your eyes to see the evidence to identify "like" and "dislike". It ain't that hard.

Quote:

I don't see the purpose of making out Akira to be some sort of bad person because of his standing of the way of your pairing. That is the beginning and end of your motives for criticizing him and you should at least acknowledge that.
Um, not really. See there are a lot of cool characters who get in the way of my favorite pairings but I like them anyway because they're awesome.
Geeze, don't just make random judgements on why I like things and why I hate things when you don't even know me.:eyebrow:

Why can't I just hate Akira for his personality? That IS the only reason you know. I find his character totally unlikable, I found his character unlikable from the very beginning and NOW I think he's being a pushy brat which is making him even more unlikable and that's all there is to it.

Slick_rick 2010-02-18 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi (Post 2922240)
Sorry, when was that? I don't remember anything like that at all.

For someone who claims others need to read the manga properly you seem to be lacking in that department too. Just last chapter (9) after the confession and its the reason that she was going to sleep over with him in this chapter.


Quote:

Duh, because Kitami is the one she LIKES. xD If she didn't like it, she'd try to leave the playground...or at least say, "Let me out, Shigure."
Great logic:rolleyes: How about she was using him to find out about love and that why she stayed? It seems a pretty big reason she been doing most of these events huh? I don't know if that means she currently likes him but she's at least exploring those feelings for the sake of her novel.

Quote:

Duh, because he's the one she DOESN'T like. XD She doesn't go all doki-doki and blush over him and he's not the one she thinks about, not like she does with Kitami. She got angry with him for interrupting her date, didn't she?
Oh god how did I miss that? No doki doki! The symbol of true love!!!!:hmm: How about the fact she's put him in more situations that would make a heart go "doki doki"? Does that mean that Akira couldn't make her heart go this indomitable level of love called doki doki?

Quote:

You know, voicing your opinion is fine but acting like a jerk isn't really going to win any points with me. -_- And all you have to do is to use your eyes to see the evidence to identify "like" and "dislike". It ain't that hard.
I don't honestly know what makes you think I'm trying to win points with you in any which way. This is the way I'm always am but you shouldn't talk. You seem to like talking to everyone condescendingly as if you see something so easily that everyone else should too. It's that narrow vision which really makes you think you know more than you actually do.

Quote:

Um, not really. See there are a lot of cool characters who get in the way of my favorite pairings but I like them anyway because they're awesome.
Geeze, don't just make random judgements on why I like things and why I hate things when you don't even know me.:eyebrow:

Why can't I just hate Akira for his personality? That IS the only reason you know. I find his character totally unlikable, I found his character unlikable from the very beginning and NOW I think he's being a pushy brat which is making him even more unlikable and that's all there is to it.
Yes, and that is hypocrisy! You can hate Akira personality but you're constantly playing it off as if he actually do something wrong when his actions are extremely similar to Kitami. You excuse Kitami actions and even praise them but when Akira does basically the same thing you treat him differently because of who he is not what he does. It is the definition of hypocrisy.

I didn't make random judgments I just called you out on something that was extremely obvious that you were doing. I never inferred you couldn't hate Akira personality but that you were bashing him solely for that reason.

Chiibi 2010-02-18 23:40

Quote:

Just last chapter (9) after the confession and its the reason that she was going to sleep over with him in this chapter.
Except she had no idea what he meant. =_=

Quote:

I don't know if that means she currently likes him but she's at least exploring those feelings for the sake of her novel.
She DOES like him and it couldn't be more obvious!! :rolleyes: Why do you think she's been using him all this time instead of someone else!?
She TOLD him she likes him!! How can you think she doesn't like him when the character comes right out and SAYS she does?

Quote:

Oh god how did I miss that? No doki doki! The symbol of true love!!!!
..........do you know anything about shoujo manga at all? The first guy she "doki"s over is almost ALWAYS the guy she ends up marrying at the end. 9 times out of 10. Dead childhood friends are usually the exception. lulz

Quote:

I don't honestly know what makes you think I'm trying to win points with you in any which way.
You're not going to win any points with mods either if you keep it up. And you can now see that I changed my post to saying "it was uncalled for".

Quote:

You seem to like talking to everyone condescendingly as if you see something so easily that everyone else should too.
Condescendingly? It's condescending to you for me to say "Yukina likes Kitami-duh" when the character said so herself? If you can't register that after reading it in black-and-white, I question your reading ability...or your eyesight.
And at least I'm not being particularly nasty to people. :eyebrow:

Quote:

It's that narrow vision which really makes you think you know more than you actually do.
Thank you so much for judging me YET AGAIN. -_-

Quote:

Yes, and that is hypocrisy! You can hate Akira personality but you're constantly playing it off as if he actually do something wrong when his actions are extremely similar to Kitami. You excuse Kitami actions and even praise them but when Akira does basically the same thing you treat him differently because of who he is not what he does. It is the definition of hypocrisy.
NO, it isn't! For the last time they DIDN'T do the same thing! If Kitami took Yukina away from a date which she was enjoying and she protested and he ignored her, I wouldn't approve of that either!
I.
Don't.
Like.
Characters.
Who.
Do
Things.
Like.
That.
At
All.

Get that through your head....or at least try? Oh, I guess I forgot to mention characters I like who have gotten in the way of my favorite couples have never stooped as low as Akira is doing?
So sorry, my mistake.
"Characters I like who have gotten in the way of my favorite couples have never stooped as low as Akira is doing." He's just going too far, all right?

Now drop it. You don't like Kitami. I don't like Akira. Fine.
I like this manga, I am free to bash whoever I like and so is everyone else but I do not want us to bash each other or this topic is going to get locked. ORZ
Let's go back to being adults now. Frankly, I'm getting irritated of being called "a hypocrite" and "condescending" and "narrow-visioned". I am SO done with this childish argument.

Slick_rick 2010-02-19 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi (Post 2922371)
Except she had no idea what he meant. =_=

...How could she not? Did you actually even read the chapter?


Quote:

She DOES like him and it couldn't be more obvious!! :rolleyes: Why do you think she's been using him all this time instead of someone else!?
She TOLD him she likes him!! How can you think she doesn't like him when the character comes right out and SAYS she does?
Yes, a whole 2 percent... and what does that actually mean? That she might be starting to like him is obvious but not the point you trying to make it out to be. Nor does that in anyway exclude her from liking Akira.

Quote:

..........do you know anything about shoujo manga at all? The first guy she "doki"s over is almost ALWAYS the guy she ends up marrying at the end. 9 times out of 10. Dead childhood friends are usually the exception. lulz
Stop talking like you it know it all. Doki doki is the sound of a heartbeat and especially in love triangle it will be used often. It's nothing more than a sound effect. Treating it with anymore importance than that is completely silly. The situations she puts her self in often would cause the heart to beat faster but I don't know if that means some immortal love is being born or that it can't be challenge by Akira.


Quote:

You're not going to win any points with mods either if you keep it up. And you can now see that I changed my post to saying "it was uncalled for".
That some sort of threat? Honestly all I've done is call you out on your hypocritical statements. You don't like that? Find someone who cares. I doubt the mods are here to coddle you either.


Quote:

Condescendingly? It's condescending to you for me to say "Yukina likes Kitami-duh" when the character said so herself? If you can't register that after reading it in black-and-white, I question your reading ability...or your eyesight.
And at least I'm not being particularly nasty to people. :eyebrow:
Yes, duh is a fairly condescending word to use and you should know it. You ignore all the others possibilities I lay out with that statement like I must be stupid to think otherwise. While you may believe this the way you state your case is clearly mocking and why I come back mockingly at you. You deserve it.


Quote:

NO, it isn't! For the last time they DIDN'T do the same thing! If Kitami took Yukina away from a date which she was enjoying and she protested and he ignored her, I wouldn't approve of that either!
So taking away from a date before she even has a chance to like it is OK ,right? He clearly dragged her with him after he took the phone away. There is bias there, where you try to parse the events so you can excuse his actions.

Quote:

Now drop it. You don't like Kitami. I don't like Akira. Fine.
I like this manga, I am free to bash whoever I like and so is everyone else but I do not want us to bash each other or this topic is going to get locked. ORZ
Let's go back to being adults now. Frankly, I'm getting irritated of being called "a hypocrite" and "condescending" and "narrow-visioned". I am SO done with this childish argument.
I actually have very little preference either way as neither as I said are anything special.

Will you stop telling others that they need to read the manga properly? Will stop using duh like you know it all? What about calling me a jerk? Do you think trying to pretend your the "adult" in this conversation means you've actually acted like one or aren't just using it to avoid addressing the unfair biases in your criticism of Akira?

Do honestly think I'm a jerk?? Is that your opinion of me? What do you think my opinion of you might be?:thinker:

Kafriel 2010-02-19 16:48

The manga started out well but fell into the cliche pit very fast; Akira's confession was predictable quite a few chapters ago, the most predictable route for the current situation is: Shigure's pushy girl having her way with him and Yukina catching them red-handed and getting revenge by dating Akira.
I really hope that Akira has more to his character than blind love towards Yukina and endless hatred for Shigure, and I don't want him helping out Shigure later on so that Yukina can be happy with the guy she's in love with...would feel like re-reading forgotten manga of the past decade.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.