AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Dead or Alive 5 (original) + Last Round (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106873)

kenjiharima 2011-10-07 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 3796325)
Still on an island.

I thought that Zack island sank again after a week of them spending there?

Westlo 2011-10-07 04:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 3796476)
This is pretty awesome. This seems to be the first real innovation in fighters that really takes advantage of the power of the new systems. I mean, if you're not going for tournament balance you might as well try to push the boundaries in other areas.

Yeah i like the approach, basically the fighting game community is never going to give the series any respect, so why try and please that fanbase, just go balls out in the other direction and make a Fighting Entertainment Game.

Yu Ominae 2011-10-28 18:51

It's announced that you can send Team Ninja a technique to use.

Check it out here.

GreatTeacherKen 2011-12-08 19:47

Some screenshots of the female characters have been released. The characters' faces have definitely changed. No shots of Kasumi, but considering she's pretty much the main character, she'll most likely be in the game.

Some more images here:

http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_5

Mr Hat and Clogs 2011-12-08 20:41

Mmm. New DOA game, didn't mind the last one haven't played a fighting game for some time. Well as long as Ayane is in it that suits me just fine and the old master dude I never remember the name of, i liked their fighting styles and back stories. Graphics look cool too.

No Kasumi would be like having a Mass Effect game without Col. Sheppard.

I heard that the.. clone? Alpha-152 I think that was its name is in as a playable this time. Or was I just hearing things.

Kyero Fox 2011-12-09 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs (Post 3893345)
Mmm. New DOA game, didn't mind the last one haven't played a fighting game for some time. Well as long as Ayane is in it that suits me just fine and the old master dude I never remember the name of, i liked their fighting styles and back stories. Graphics look cool too.

No Kasumi would be like having a Mass Effect game without Col. Sheppard.

I heard that the.. clone? Alpha-152 I think that was its name is in as a playable this time. Or was I just hearing things.

You mean liara >_> :heh:

Mr Hat and Clogs 2011-12-09 00:11

Col Shep is the figurehead of ME games like Kasumi is of DOA, Liara isn't. Liara would be more like... Ryu Hayabusa?

Kyero Fox 2011-12-09 10:01

I was leaning more towards female cast.

Westlo 2011-12-16 02:08

I like that they dropped the real doll look to bring the girls up to Ninja Gaiden quality... speaking of Ninja Gaiden.. #3 will be shipping with a demo for this....

Quote:

On December 15, 2011, it was announced that an alpha demo version of Dead or Alive 5 will be included in special editions of Ninja Gaiden 3, which will be released March 22, 2012. The demo is different depending on which edition you buy: the Limited Editions will only feature two playable characters - Ayane and Hayate on the PlayStation 3 version, and Hitomi and Ryu on the Xbox 360 version. The Collection Edition has all four characters on both consoles, but will cost 13,440 yen (roughly $170 US)

Frailty 2012-03-05 10:49

so a new gameplay trailer came out

MARY, MOTHER OF GOD IT'S AKIRA FROM VIRTUA FIGHTER
looks like Street fighter and Tekken isn't the only one having a cross over game
and good lord, the graphics have definitely improved for the better

GuidoHunter_Toki 2012-03-05 11:54

wow, very nice improvement in graphics. Can't wait for this game to hit.

Sumeragi 2012-03-05 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frailty (Post 4039312)

I love all those sakura flying around.

Quote:

looks like Street fighter and Tekken isn't the only one having a cross over game

It could just be a guest appearance, you know :p :D :heh:

Kyero Fox 2012-03-05 13:08

Quote:

and good lord, the graphics have definitely improved for the better

Eh, i'd rather him be fighting one of the larger male's like that arabian dude from.. 3? But instead they have him beat up poor kasumi :(

good news is that the girls aren't as sexualized in this one .. from what I can tell. atleast there's no Ivy.

DingoEnderZOE2 2012-03-05 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 4039434)
Eh, i'd rather him be fighting one of the larger male's like that arabian dude from.. 3? But instead they have him beat up poor kasumi :(

good news is that the girls aren't as sexualized in this one .. from what I can tell. atleast there's no Ivy.

If Tina and Christie are still in the game expect for your dreaded sexualized fanservice to still be in the game. Though I'm personally hoping it's toned down for this one.

DragoonKain3 2012-03-05 17:45

What? I thought people played DoA mainly for its oversexualized female characters, because AFAIK, its system/balance is ridiculed by the pro community for the most part.... :heh:

As for the trailer.... Kasumi :drools:

DuoRanger 2012-03-05 18:29

Finally a kasumi that doesn't look like a character from a hentai game

Shadow5YA 2012-03-05 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 (Post 4039697)
What? I thought people played DoA mainly for its oversexualized female characters, because AFAIK, its system/balance is ridiculed by the pro community for the most part.... :heh:

As for the trailer.... Kasumi :drools:

Sounds extremely similar to the Soul Calibur community... series goes downhill at 3 or so, and 5 picks it back up

Xion Valkyrie 2012-03-05 20:24

Graphics look really good. The faces look even better. The clothing still needs work though. Kasumi's outfit looks kind of like bad cosplay with how realistic everything else is. Needs better textures and probably a better color selection.

Westlo 2012-03-06 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 4039434)

Dude... they''re showing off main character vs main character, not Akira vs some bum no one knows the name of.

Kyero Fox 2012-03-06 07:59

Some bum? he was a bad ass, but what ever. Besides, I'm sure we all know why everyone remembers kasumi :heh: