AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What to get a girl for her birthday? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=69302)

poopsicle 2008-07-29 12:52

lol, I like all of your ideas :D. But I do not intend to make her think that I have a crush on her or something :P. I just want to get her something to show a sign of friendship :D. Do you guys think the winnie the pooh is too much :(?. I thought if I gave it I could make her go like "awwwww, it's so cute" or something like that, I don't want her to misunderstand it as something else. It's just a gift of friendship :D.

Anh_Minh 2008-07-29 13:10

You've known her for years. Anything short of lingerie and expensive jewelry is fine. Or date like activities. Those are dangerous too. Or pets, for other reasons.

Karlaxe 2008-07-29 13:16

Say it goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds. Then have her look out in the driveway and see the scale. Then run away. Fast.

genryou 2008-07-29 14:01

Quote:

Anything short of lingerie and expensive jewelry is fine.
kinda overboard for a gift of friendsip:heh:
instead, give her this plushie XP

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...e-geass_cc.jpg

anyway, when giving someone else a gift, it was the thought thats matter, right?

Nervous Venus 2008-07-29 14:15

^ That's what I'm saying.

If you're close friends, no matter what the gift, she'll appreciate it. I don't think it's too much if you've known her for so long. :)

-KarumA- 2008-07-29 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by poopsicle (Post 1765482)
Do you guys think the winnie the pooh is too much :(?. I thought if I gave it I could make her go like "awwwww, it's so cute" or something like that, I don't want her to misunderstand it as something else. It's just a gift of friendship :D.

I'm already going aawh when boys talk like this.. really what is is with guys and insecurity when it comes to buying gifts
as for some previous made comments, plushies aren't just gifts that men usually give their ladies, a plushie is cute just don't get oen that has like over large I wuv you! letters on it.. the plushie is great if you really think she'll like it give it to her, if she's not the plushie type I wouldn't do it. And for you guys out there who have this same problem, not the GF kind of thing, ask her friends what she would like.. ask them if she is in need of anything specific or if you just don't know what type of gift recieving person she is just aask -_-;

also lingery is a BF kinda thing so don't buy that XD

insecure guys are so sweet to see but not good to own XD

Nervous Venus 2008-07-29 14:37

Quote:

plushies aren't just gifts that men usually give their ladies,
It's probably just people around me then, lol. I always see boyfriends sending their girlfriend's plushies/teddy bears and grams.

-KarumA- 2008-07-29 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nervous Venus (Post 1765723)
It's probably just people around me then, lol. I always see boyfriends sending their girlfriend's plushies/teddy bears and grams.

true you don't see it very often, my ex gave me a plushie once though I was thinking more about what he spend on it and where I was going to put it to catch dust than about liking it. gah I'm changing that opinion... plushies are more of a GF/BF gift :eyespin: I'm more of the functional item gift person than one that goes for plushies

tenken627 2008-07-29 14:54

If she is just a friend, and she is 16-18 years old, just take that $40 and treat her out somewhere fun.

I rarely keep stuff from when I was 16-18, and neither do my friends. But, I do still have the memories of those times, and memories of good times from my teenager years mean more to me than items and stuff.

Take her out to eat lobster, or go to a theme/amusement park. Don't worry about making it seem like a date to her, because it all depends on your mannerisms. Don't talk about anything regarding personal relationships, and don't just sit there and gawk at her. If you are good friends, you should already be able to spend time together as friends having a good time and nothing more.

Invite her friends as well if they want to come and/or invite some of your friends. It's her birthday, her friends should be around her as well. Just have fun.

Papaya 2008-07-29 14:56

Buy her candy so you can fatten her up. Then her boyfriend will dump her, and you can take her in your arms.

No, but really, get her something useful. If she wears makeup, get her some makeup (very expensive, I know) or at least a gift certificate or something. It really comes down to how well you know her. Functional things always make much better presents than trinkets like stuffed animals.

-KarumA- 2008-07-29 14:59

drag oneof her good friends to the mall and ask her what to buy =P that would be my second option now that plushies are a no-no for me
buy her a sorbet XD thats a good one as well (and yes I'm serious about that)

Tran225 2008-07-29 15:18

good birthday present is... u bake her a cake and call ur friends to make a surprise birthday party

Sides 2008-07-29 15:25

Get a nohohon, always nice. I think i'm getting everyone one of those this year.

randomuser83 2008-07-29 16:48

Does she watch Avatar the last airbender. If she does buy her a appa.

Solafighter 2008-07-29 17:51

Mh im not quite sure, if someone already posted it but what ya think about some flowers(,too). Some flowers beside the main gift i think is a good idea, since my girlfriend was allways happy about it. :)

aahhsin 2008-07-30 14:56

seriously a date with you. That's the best gift. You win and she wins. You obviously want to get with her, so why not hit things off with a date?

Vexx 2008-07-30 17:05

Quote:

lol, I like all of your ideas :D. But I do not intend to make her think that I have a crush on her or something :P. I just want to get her something to show a sign of friendship :D. Do you guys think the winnie the pooh is too much :(?. I thought if I gave it I could make her go like "awwwww, it's so cute" or something like that, I don't want her to misunderstand it as something else. It's just a gift of friendship :D.

Nah... the bear is fine --- its how you give it that makes the difference.

"I noticed your blanket and thought it needed a pooh-bear." (followed by stupid big grin) == friend.

I buy plushies for women all the time .... of course, they're things like microbes. Cthulhu, or dead kitties - but then that's what those women like and only one of them am I romantically inclined towards. :)

Ledgem 2008-07-30 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by aahhsin (Post 1767846)
seriously a date with you. That's the best gift. You win and she wins. You obviously want to get with her, so why not hit things off with a date?

This is what he wrote earlier:

Quote:

Are any of you people making suggestions even bothering to read what the thread starter (poopsicle) was asking? It seems like many aren't.

Solafighter 2008-07-30 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledgem (Post 1768103)
This is what he wrote earlier:

Are any of you people making suggestions even bothering to read what the thread starter (poopsicle) was asking? It seems like many aren't.

Oups.

Mh well, then i would buy her some stuff, she would like and/or something, she could need for her hobby/s. :rolleyes:

KiNA 2008-07-30 23:20

If you plan to give her something as a friendship gesture.. giving the pooh as a compliment to her bedsheet work just as fine :)

Never give flowers.. that will signal your intention to go to next level. Even if you dont intend that.

A gift certificate works fine .. or a crash party with few of her friends at nearest restaurant would suffice. If you want to go out with her alone to celebrate, but only as a friend.. a lunch works better (make sure she's not on a diet XD).. not dinner. Of course, cultural difference might make all my advice null and void XD

Last but not least, chocolates XD .. give the most expensive as you can find.. with a short note of "get fat" if she can take the joke ;)

Or get her her favourite artist CD/DVD if she havent got them yet.