AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Aurelis 2013-11-08 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4901214)
^ Those RX-78-2 pics reminds me that my MG RX-78-2 O.Y.W. (game version) is still sitting there waiting for me to build it :heh:.

Oooh, I love the pastel colors. I admit I've never seen its box before, only the kit *drools*

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-k3zjh2PwLv...7203836472.jpg

I'm gonna ask like Suiton always does, do you think a Ribbon Striker release is possible? It would look good on Nobel Gundam, Nu Gundam, and Double X for sure!

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-08 07:34

So expensive :eek:

Question: Is it possible to mount Perfect Striker Pack to a HG Skygrasper (from EX-15)?

suiton629 2013-11-08 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4901244)
So expensive :eek:

Question: Is it possible to mount Perfect Striker Pack to a HG Skygrasper (from EX-15)?

1890 Yen is expensive?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/High_Grade_Gundam_AGE
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/High_Grade_Gundam_00

It's within the same price range as them.

Maybe it's just me being used to paying like 3500 ~ 7000 Yen range since I go for MGs mainly and a bit of RGs.. =D

Subarunyon 2013-11-08 10:55

You know sometimes I'm amazed that Bandai manages to keep all these items in constant production every few years, considering the massive catalogue of gunpla that they have. Do they build a warehouse to store the kits everytime they release two-three new kits?

suiton629 2013-11-08 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subarunyon (Post 4901407)
You know sometimes I'm amazed that Bandai manages to keep all these items in constant production every few years, considering the massive catalogue of gunpla that they have. Do they build a warehouse to store the kits everytime they release two-three new kits?

Um. No?

I would imagine that they don't keep stock of everything they have. Instead I think they have the files or whatever in storage and backed up for older kits. I would venture a guess and say that most of their 'stock' is at retail stores, and in terms of the number of stock they have in storage at their place, they probably have like 2 or 3 copies of each and every kit they have for displaying or whatever.

I think you're assuming Bandai has like a huge stock pile of every kit ever made..LOL

You have to imagine how many retailers and distributers there are of Bandai products, and how most of the Bandai products are at those warehouses and stores all around the world.

And also remember the people who sell online for a living or just for fun.

Infinite Zenith 2013-11-08 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4900781)
Looking good, and its nice how the full 7 sword and shield package is still included like the HG (except for maybe the normal GN Sword blade)

I will pick this one up, then wait for a MG 0 Gundam somewhere down the line to recreate/replicate the HG boxarts (joined)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fn9m0zB6sb...s/s1600/1c.jpg

That looks beautiful :) I wonder what the inner frame will be made of (i.e. whether it will follow the MG00 line or use the new lighter plastic)...

suiton629 2013-11-08 18:08

From what I can tell, the mold will use the same parts as the MG Exia. I think Bandai will just add in a few smaller parts trees for the Repair 2 pieces (shoulder, legs, weapons, etc).

Not sure if we're gonna get the MG 0 Gundam (Type ACD), but if we do, then more than likely we'll get the Roll Out (gray) variant that was in the first episode.

If we're really lucky, Astraea, Astraea Type F, Avalanche Dash Exia, Exia Repair 3, 00 Qan[t] Full Saber, and maybe even 00 Qan[t] ELS Ver could be done.

But let's take it 1 at a time, and be thankful that the MG Exia R2 is coming. And it's something I've wanted since 2010. =D

Infinite Zenith 2013-11-08 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4901726)
From what I can tell, the mold will use the same parts as the MG Exia. I think Bandai will just add in a few smaller parts trees for the Repair 2 pieces (shoulder, legs, weapons, etc).

Not sure if we're gonna get the MG 0 Gundam (Type ACD), but if we do, then more than likely we'll get the Roll Out (gray) variant that was in the first episode.

If we're really lucky, Astraea, Astraea Type F, Avalanche Dash Exia, Exia Repair 3, 00 Qan[t] Full Saber, and maybe even 00 Qan[t] ELS Ver could be done.

But let's take it 1 at a time, and be thankful that the MG Exia R2 is coming. And it's something I've wanted since 2010. =D

The newer plastic gave me the willies when I was building the MG Nu Gundam :heh: I know the older plastic is heavier, but it feels more solid and I feel more comfortable working with it. As for any 0 Gundam, I personally hope they make it the 0 Gundam with ACD colours rather than the roll-out colours. I like colourful things.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-08 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4901226)
Oooh, I love the pastel colors. I admit I've never seen its box before, only the kit *drools*

You can see it on Dalong. Ah, forget it. I'll just put it up here. Mine's this one:

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig04/10042092.jpg


Oh, and boxart for Beargguy San is out:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Anyway, I'm done building my MG Strike Noir, but it's only the body for now.

I tried to put Strike's Aile Pack on it, and it works wonders if not for Aile's white parts :D:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

suiton629 2013-11-08 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn (Post 4901728)
The newer plastic gave me the willies when I was building the MG Nu Gundam :heh: I know the older plastic is heavier, but it feels more solid and I feel more comfortable working with it. As for any 0 Gundam, I personally hope they make it the 0 Gundam with ACD colours rather than the roll-out colours. I like colourful things.

If we somehow get a MG 0 Gundam, I'm sure it'd be ACD first, and then Roll Out as online exclusive (with the feather GN effect parts).

Skye629 2013-11-08 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4901726)
From what I can tell, the mold will use the same parts as the MG Exia. I think Bandai will just add in a few smaller parts trees for the Repair 2 pieces (shoulder, legs, weapons, etc).

Not sure if we're gonna get the MG 0 Gundam (Type ACD), but if we do, then more than likely we'll get the Roll Out (gray) variant that was in the first episode.

If we're really lucky, Astraea, Astraea Type F, Avalanche Dash Exia, Exia Repair 3, 00 Qan[t] Full Saber, and maybe even 00 Qan[t] ELS Ver could be done.

But let's take it 1 at a time, and be thankful that the MG Exia R2 is coming. And it's something I've wanted since 2010. =D

How bout you follow your own advice?


@Obelisk: Nice Strike Noir! Im actually thinking of picking up the Strike-E, as I like the IWSP pack and the white color scheme

Im sorta torn though between that, the RM Strike, and the MG SF :P

suiton629 2013-11-08 21:29



Since Bandai is doing Exia, why not do this guy in MG as well? We have a 1/100 No Grade, but I think a MG release is in order as online exclusive.

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-08 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4901394)
1890 Yen is expensive?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/High_Grade_Gundam_AGE
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/High_Grade_Gundam_00

It's within the same price range as them.

Maybe it's just me being used to paying like 3500 ~ 7000 Yen range since I go for MGs mainly and a bit of RGs.. =D

I was exaggerating :heh:

It's also justified because Bearguy is very large for a 1/144 HG model. (many of my friends don't know that even the base Acguy is as tall as average MS)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-08 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4901847)
@Obelisk: Nice Strike Noir! Im actually thinking of picking up the Strike-E, as I like the IWSP pack and the white color scheme

Im sorta torn though between that, the RM Strike, and the MG SF :P

If you like mean & menacing Gundam, go for Strike E IWSP Lukas custom. If you like angelic-looking Gundam, go for SF. If you like newer MGs with more details added into it, go for Strike RM.

But if I'm allowed to recommend something, MG Strike Noir is a must-have for any SEED-kit fans. :D And now that I've build Noir's wings, let me post some pics:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4901908)
It's also justified because Bearguy is very large for a 1/144 HG model. (many of my friends don't know that even the base Acguy is as tall as average MS)

A comparison is in order for those who don't know the true size of Beargguy :D:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

n0m@n 2013-11-09 00:31

I actually dont mind Stargazer getting a MG. The HG was quite impressive too.
Same goes Susanowo, though I did have trouble with its weak joint. MG for Susanowo would be a dream.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-09 01:19

I want MG Stargazer too, but knowing Bandai, they'll take their sweet time considering it coz Stargazer will need a new mold. Well, in a perfect world, they should go with Blu Duel and Verde Buster that already have their base kits in Duel & Buster MGs. After that, seal the deal with a shiny new mold that is MG Stargazer. Fans will eat them right up = profit.

It's too bad that Bandai is too smart to do it that way. Right now, they're still taking the safer way by releasing slap-some-parts-together-to-make-a-new-kit exclusive MGs like Astray Noir & Destiny Impulse.

Skye629 2013-11-09 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4901937)
If you like mean & menacing Gundam, go for Strike E IWSP Lukas custom. If you like angelic-looking Gundam, go for SF. If you like newer MGs with more details added into it, go for Strike RM.

But if I'm allowed to recommend something, MG Strike Noir is a must-have for any SEED-kit fans

Thats my problem

I like all 3 T^T

Strike-E I stated my reasons already

SF is because I got the HG when I was newer to the hobby, its a crappy kit and somewhat broken now and I want to do the suit justice and build a better version (not the RG, Im too wary of the small parts and the wings of that level of detail/fragility in that scale)

Strike RM because its well, Strike lol, but I'm more inclined to give up on this one if they decide to give us a MG Build Strike

Another reason Im torn is that all 3 comes with their own bases, which to me is HUGE as I dont have to spend extra for an action base

firefox 2013-11-09 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4901937)
If you like mean & menacing Gundam, go for Strike E IWSP Lukas custom. If you like angelic-looking Gundam, go for SF. If you like newer MGs with more details added into it, go for Strike RM.

But if I'm allowed to recommend something, MG Strike Noir is a must-have for any SEED-kit fans. :D And now that I've build Noir's wings, let me post some pics:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
A comparison is in order for those who don't know the true size of Beargguy :D:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Can't agree more :)

here is my own MG strike nor again (drooling on your screen is allowed :D):


http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...trikeNoir1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...trikeNoir2.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...trikeNoir3.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...trikeNoir4.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...trikeNoir5.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...trikeNoir6.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...trikeNoir7.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...trikeNoir8.jpg

Bonta Kun 2013-11-09 05:20

Would totally love a MG Stargazer.
Been off and on about getting HG cause like with most of my top desired models I want a MG ver.
It would also finally be my chance to get Noir as well since I've put buying that aside for quite a while.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-09 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4902275)
Thats my problem

I like all 3 T^T

Strike-E I stated my reasons already

SF is because I got the HG when I was newer to the hobby, its a crappy kit and somewhat broken now and I want to do the suit justice and build a better version (not the RG, Im too wary of the small parts and the wings of that level of detail/fragility in that scale)

Strike RM because its well, Strike lol, but I'm more inclined to give up on this one if they decide to give us a MG Build Strike

Another reason Im torn is that all 3 comes with their own bases, which to me is HUGE as I dont have to spend extra for an action base

Well, if you really have to pick one from the three, I'd say go with MG SF: It's a famous main Gundam, has excellent proportion and articulation which still live up to today's standards, has no major drawbacks structurally, and it looks really good and captivating (assuming you like its yellowish golden-frame).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.