AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars) S2: "The 2nd Plate" (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=140007)

watisit 2016-09-24 22:06

Lol, Takumi being sent to a maid cafe

Kakkou 2016-09-24 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5951508)
Also, for those in the know, do the flowers (or flowerfield) in the ED mean something? If so, what? Sorry if this has been asked before.

In the context of the show, it symbolises hope and rebirth.

Yamada II 2016-09-25 01:58

Episode 13

Soma has to come up with a french dish completely on his own. He has perfectly copied a few dishes before, but here he has to come up with a brand new recipe. And as expected, he makes one which combines french and japanese cooking. It ends up being not good enough, but Shinomiya teaches Soma a thing or two about how to further improve the dish. And in the end, the dish finds its way to the menu. The purpose of the stagiare has been told to be a test to see which students get something out of the pros. The students have to learn something from the pros and then leave a mark of their own in a professional setup. Soma is now using different cooking styles and combining them into his own cooking. He's learning stuff from everyone and is incorporating them into his own dishes.
Lol Takumi in a maid café was awesome.

This season was quite good. It was a bit fast paced, but I didn't really mind it much. The autumn elections were quite intense and this stagiare was cool too. We got some further development for Soma, some Hisako time, some back story on the relationship between Ryo and Alice, and some good cooking battles. Pretty solid season just like its prequel.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-09-25 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakkou (Post 5951624)
In the context of the show, it symbolises hope and rebirth.

Ah, I see. Thanks :).

MgMaster 2016-09-25 11:55

I have one thing to say:

Can J.C. Staff make Shokugeki no Souma their flagship already? Apparently s2 ends at chapter 116 out of 184. No idea how fast they come out since I don't follow it(will after I wait a while with no rumors of a 3rd season coming though), but I seems there's plenty of room for another 2 cour season, and maybe another 1 cour with more chapters coming out 'till then. Heck, even then I could still see it going since there's it could as well follow Souma & the other characters' story as they grow up and face various hardships in the food industry.

Wandering Soul 2016-09-25 14:15

As short as this arc was, I'm glad that they expanded on it a bit by showing what the other students were doing.

Justice Knight 2016-09-25 21:58

If every season has 13 ep, its not gonna catch up to manga anytime soon. I was expecting another cour to cover the exciting part but i am disappointed

chaos_animagic 2016-09-26 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by watisit (Post 5951575)
Lol, Takumi being sent to a maid cafe

Best part of the episode, LOL

KYUUNN KYUUNNN~~~<3<3<3

wingdarkness 2016-09-27 00:26

Well...Honestly this is an awesome show just on the Yugioh but with food tip, but this season really started to give Soma and others' emotional layers that brought the actual food-fights to another level...

But as it boils down to Soma, who is just classic shonen, but great nonetheless... I felt like the great discovery was one we've already discovered...What Soma proved with his final dish is what we've seen this entire series...

The show really tries to hammer home the fact that Soma finally made his "new" specialty...I quite honestly feel like he's been doing it all along (The saucery soy milk soup was more specialty imo)...The stuffed bird was a "fine-dining" version of the numerous "dual-dishes" he's executed throughout the show...Still, it was dope...

Hope there's more...,but after getting a menu item at Shino's I don't know who can bully Soma in a Shogeki...

Kafriel 2016-09-27 04:35

It is rather ironic that Souma's first dish is little more than a copy of Shinomiya's cooking. He basically reflects the same idea of mixing french and japanese cuisine, while emphasizing the french part...and he made it after stealing cooking techniques and ideas from the restaurant he was working at (it even ended up being served there after some modifications). Yukihira dish #1, approved!

Does this mean that this is the way Souma will continue cooking, in order to define himself as a chef of japanese/french cuisine? Stay tuned for season 3...

Quote:

Can J.C. Staff make Shokugeki no Souma their flagship already? Apparently s2 ends at chapter 116 out of 184. No idea how fast they come out since I don't follow it(will after I wait a while with no rumors of a 3rd season coming though), but I seems there's plenty of room for another 2 cour season, and maybe another 1 cour with more chapters coming out 'till then. Heck, even then I could still see it going since there's it could as well follow Souma & the other characters' story as they grow up and face various hardships in the food industry.
IIRC it's a weekly series with a few breaks, but the anime (2nd season in particular) gobbled up chapter after chapter and crammed them into episodes. It will be a while, but a 3rd season of the same pace could definitely exist.

Gan_HOPE326 2016-09-27 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 5953293)
It is rather ironic that Souma's first dish is little more than a copy of Shinomiya's cooking. He basically reflects the same idea of mixing french and japanese cuisine, while emphasizing the french part...and he made it after stealing cooking techniques and ideas from the restaurant he was working at (it even ended up being served there after some modifications). Yukihira dish #1, approved!

Does this mean that this is the way Souma will continue cooking, in order to define himself as a chef of japanese/french cuisine? Stay tuned for season 3...

I think what makes the most sense for him is to just create fusion cuisine that uses Japanese traditional/street food as a base and riffs on it with ideas from all around the world. It was French this time because duh, Shinomiya. But next time it might be something else. In general, "the common man's food" has been the only real consistent theme of his cooking until now, and I don't think that can change.

GDB 2016-09-27 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 5953293)
IIRC it's a weekly series with a few breaks, but the anime (2nd season in particular) gobbled up chapter after chapter and crammed them into episodes. It will be a while, but a 3rd season of the same pace could definitely exist.

They could easily just return to the first season's pacing and do the next arc by itself in one cour. After that the whole "arc" thing gets a bit muddled and difficult to convey in segments.

Anh_Minh 2016-09-27 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakstealth (Post 5951492)
I like how Shinomiya grabs people by their heads. :|

And he exerts pressure with his thumbs and pinkies, too, instead of thumbs and middle fingers.

Rokumonsen 2016-09-27 20:50

Pretty good season. I hope we get OVAs on how the others did their Stagiaire.

blakstealth 2016-09-27 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 5953448)
And he exerts pressure with his thumbs and pinkies, too, instead of thumbs and middle fingers.

Hinako's temples must be armor-plated if she can endure that kind of pressure.

Guardian Enzo 2016-12-19 14:48

Taneda out, Kanemoto in for the OVAs (and Ishida Akira joins the team):

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nemoto/.110111

ImperialFlameGod8190 2017-01-08 12:51

The OVA just got released and it reminded us that erina got a body but she's not the only one. Alice Ikumi and Ryoko both got bodies that rival Erina's and in Ryoko's and Alice's case surpasses it.