AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   um..what's Loli?? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14684)

omaren 2004-05-31 20:02

um..what's Loli??

:hmm: sorry, ionno where to put this...i know that loli has something to do with hentai...but what ish it?? :twitch: don't laugh at me!

mantidor 2004-05-31 23:10

:heh: well don't worry.

A long time ago this russian writter create the widely known novel named "lolita", it melt liberal people with its candor and scandalized conservative ones, because is about the forbidden love of this old 40 year old guy with a little girl (i think of twelve years old, max 14 )since then the term "Lolita", "loli" and all his variants refer to platonic love with little children, to put it simple... pedophilia.

Arwyn 2004-06-01 00:31

In anime usage it refers to young girls, or to female characters who look very childlike. As the post above mentions, loli/lolita is general used as a description indicating sexual interest.

The best example I can think of is the class president from Onegai Teacher/Twins. She is in high school, and looks like she is a primary school student. She is described as "loli" at one point.

RichMan 2004-06-01 02:15

RichMan = Lolicon

teeheehee

omaren 2004-06-01 08:15

Oh…so it’s kinda like shota…right? Kyahhaha aights!! ^^

TronDD 2004-06-01 08:55

Yeah, with genders reversed.

You knew what shota was but not loli?

zalas 2004-06-01 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by TronDD
Yeah, with genders reversed.

You knew what shota was but not loli?

If omaren is female, then that is very likely.
I mean... how many guys know about shoutakon?

TronDD 2004-06-01 11:11

True, I just heard the word shouta like a week ago when I stumbled upon a place selling manga of that theme.

But given the male dominated word and especially internet, things guys would like are more easily stumbled upon. Not to mention the movie "Lolita" as advertisment.

hobobaggins 2004-06-01 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by omaren
:hmm: sorry, ionno where to put this...i know that loli has something to do with hentai...but what ish it?? :twitch: don't laugh at me!

it is also a "style" of avatars /sigs.

i have my old av down, so i cant pointo you to any examples...

but yes.

what mantidor said was correct.

a_nevels666 2004-06-01 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantidor

A long time ago this russian writter create the widely known novel named "lolita", it melt liberal people with its candor and scandalized conservative ones, because is about the forbidden love of this old 40 year old guy with a little girl (i think of twelve years old, max 14 )since then the term "Lolita", "loli" and all his variants refer to platonic love with little children, to put it simple... pedophilia.

Umm...actually, a 'platonic' relationship means a non-sexual realtionship.

The rest is correct though.

AG3 2004-06-01 11:30

Quote:

Some say that the russian book was a rip-off of a book written by a German many years earlier. Before or during WWII I think it was.

mantidor 2004-06-01 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Umm...actually, a 'platonic' relationship means a non-sexual realtionship.

The rest is correct though.

Yes, I supposed you are right. although the term platonic love comes from the old philosophers from ancient Greece who have a "very" deep relationship with their pupils, yet again to put it simple... homosexual relationships, with sex and everything, you know? It was very similar with the samurais of ancient Japan.

I've never read the book, but I think they didn't have any sex, basically because the man felt very guilty about loving a little girl so much, and before anime "lolita" was generally used to describe girls of a maximum age of 15 but who were very atractive sexually. Like the girl in the novel. Of course in the hands of perverted japanese mangakas "loli" refers to eight year old girls having sex >.<;;;;

someone please correct me if Im wrong.

TronDD 2004-06-01 11:55

He had sex with her in the movie I saw. It was a recent (mid to late 90's) remake, though. Don't know about the original story, specifically. I wouldn't be surprised if the sex was added to better shock modern audiences.

dreamless 2004-06-01 12:32

the current definition of loli is quite different from the lolita novel I think. I heard the current surge of lolicons in Asian regions is more because of Rei Ayanami (of EVA), Ruri Hoshino (of Nadesico) and Lain (of, well, Lain). Those three are what defines the term "loli" in today's anime world. Soemtimes loli doesn't even need to be little girls, but just "feels" like little girls, like Kirika in Noir. most of today's lolicons don't care about the real age of the girl. And from what I understand, the term loli doesn't necessarily have any sexual meanings to it, unlike the original term "lolita". the term loli and lolicon are now very hard to define...

basically in a lot of anime forums I visit, it's like :

do you like Rei Ayanami? if yes, you are a lolicon
do you like Ruri Hoshino? if yes, you are a lolicon
do you like Lain? if yes, you are a lolicon
do you like Kirika? if yes, you are a lolicon
etc. etc.

@_@

omaren 2004-06-01 13:22

Oh…0_0 ok…I see…yeah I’m female—so I know bout shota XD kyahhahaha hmm…I should check out that book…seems very interesting.. neone read it before??

TronDD 2004-06-01 13:28

For me, the only difference between "lolita" and "lolicon" is that I use lolicon when it refers to an anime character. I've only heard the term in the anime world so it carries that specific detail, to me.

And, yes, young looking would be considered the same as actually being young since cartoons don't really have an age anyway. The characters are as old as someone says they are so it has to based entirely on appearence.

Thany 2004-06-01 14:07

Quote:

Yes, I supposed you are right. although the term platonic love comes from the old philosophers from ancient Greece who have a "very" deep relationship with their pupils, yet again to put it simple... homosexual relationships, with sex and everything, you know? It was very similar with the samurais of ancient Japan.

I've never read the book, but I think they didn't have any sex, basically because the man felt very guilty about loving a little girl so much, and before anime "lolita" was generally used to describe girls of a maximum age of 15 but who were very atractive sexually. Like the girl in the novel. Of course in the hands of perverted japanese mangakas "loli" refers to eight year old girls having sex >.<;;;;

someone please correct me if Im wrong.

You're mostly right, even though you can't really put an age on a character.
Loli characters are most likely flat-chested characters let's say :p
Because you can put any age on any characters, see the main character from Doki Doki School Hours who is supposed to be an adult even though she looks more like she's in grade school.
This example can also be put on the loli ero-game like はじめてのおいしゃさん where they put a large 'all characters are 18 and over'.

Mr_Paper 2004-06-01 14:25

Why not just come out and say it directly?

All M.O.E. and, to a certain extent, moe~ characters tend to fall under the 'loli (aka. pedobait)' category. :heh:

kj1980 2004-06-01 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by omaren

loli = basis of Japanese otaku culture

dreamless 2004-06-01 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
loli = basis of Japanese otaku culture

hmm... how about anego... :D