AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Playback Help (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   I have a question how can you play h264 format?? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=43390)

toru310 2007-02-22 22:47

I have a question how can you play h264 format??

I can't seem to play this kind of player can you please help me out with this problem thanks.:)

Arimfe 2007-02-22 22:57

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34910

Takemaru 2007-02-23 07:34

Use a VLC player . Just install and open the file with VLC, you can select sub and language, from "Video" and "Audio"

Easy To Use, doesnt need codec or anything

martino 2007-02-23 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takemaru (Post 841943)
Use a VLC player . Just install and open the file with VLC, you can select sub and language, from "Video" and "Audio"

Easy To Use, doesnt need codec or anything

Use VLC and most groups will frown at you when asking for support since it doesn't play all files properly... :/

Use the instructions in the link that Arimfe posted.

Sai the Dreamer 2007-02-23 17:14

Not only will you be frowned upon, but a large number of subs you find in H264 will be soft-subbed, which VLC has problems decoding.

toru310 2007-02-23 23:43

Sorry for the late reply anyways thanks that helps alot!!!!!! :)

Takemaru 2007-02-24 05:15

VLC had played all files property with no problem, havent seen a file that VLC can't run (Depend on your computer that what codec,etc you have downloaded.) But i think just read the link that Arimfe gave to you. ;)

TheFluff 2007-02-24 06:41

@Takemaru: I suggest you take the time to read a few other threads in here, and you will find that there are indeed files that VLC does not handle properly.
Also, VLC uses internal codecs and can NOT use Windows DirectShow codecs.

Takemaru 2007-02-24 06:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFluff (Post 842646)
@Takemaru: I suggest you take the time to read a few other threads in here, and you will find that there are indeed files that VLC does not handle properly.
Also, VLC uses internal codecs and can NOT use Windows DirectShow codecs.

I got over 200Gb anime's in my computer, but no problems have been.But ok Thanks, i will be reading. Have a nice day :p

TheFluff 2007-02-24 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takemaru (Post 842649)
I got over 200Gb anime's in my computer

noone cares

hint: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=42488

Takemaru 2007-02-24 07:15

Ok ok, i see you are not so kind. I will stop posting to this treat. Anyway if i made you mad, i am verry sorry.(I want to be nice to everyone) I just wanted to help, but i know i am so stupid, no one listen to me . :)

GHDpro 2007-02-25 04:35

Quick recap: files that contain H.264 video are commonly contained in MKV files. MKV files may possibly contain "soft-subtitles" in SSA/ASS or SRT format. For example all H.264/MKV files by Eclipse (Kanon, Pumpkin Scissors) have ASS and SRT format "soft" subtitles.

VLC support for soft-subtitles, especially SSA/ASS support is crap at the moment.

It it is for that reason that recommending VLC is not wise.

Which btw, is something I have included in the [READ ME FIRST] How do I get this fansub to play? sticky a few weeks ago.

toru310 2007-02-25 08:55

I'll read the links thanks again! :)

Nagato 2007-04-06 00:27

h264 codec

Im not sure if I should create new thread. So, I post here.

Any suggestion for best h264 codec? (for playback).
- least CPU usage
- fastest

emptyeighty 2007-04-06 02:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagato (Post 891200)
Im not sure if I should create new thread. So, I post here.

Any suggestion for best h264 codec? (for playback).
- least CPU usage
- fastest

CoreAVC, no competition. Has some blocking issues though. If you can use lavc (CCCP/ffdshow/mplayer).

Ledgem 2007-04-06 03:06

I recommend using a build of FFDShow that makes use of your hardware optimizations. For example, when I received a Pentium M laptop, I put an SSE2-optimized build of FFDShow onto it. That dropped processor usage pretty dramatically. I also linked my media player to a different overlay mode, which further dropped processor usage.

Enabling YV12 can also knock some processor strain off. Those are just my experiences with my hardware configurations; you should experiment with yours and see how it goes. Following what I did exactly may render videos unplayable for you, though, so when you're making changes, keep track of what you're doing (and what your original settings were) so that you can always go back in case something messes up.

Nicholi 2007-04-07 11:18

ffdshow builds with SSE optimizations have proven to have insignificant speed differences in decoding. It doesn't matter which you get, just that you get one from a trustable source. Doesn't matter if you get one that is SSE2 "optimized" or for just MMX.

WanderingKnight 2007-04-07 21:35

Quote:

CoreAVC, no competition. Has some blocking issues though. If you can use lavc (CCCP/ffdshow/mplayer).
CoreAVC is extremely recommendable, though I don't seem able to run avi-contained h264 with it... need to use FFDshow for that one.

Sai the Dreamer 2007-04-07 22:47

Nobody seems to have pointed out that CoreAVC isn't free... :heh: Though to paraphrase the CCCP Wiki, it's cheaper to spend $15 on a codec than $500 on a new computer, so if you want to give it a try, by all means go for it. It should let you play H.264 on an older machine, assuming your processor speed's at least decent, and you turn off deblocking/deinterlacing.

Ledgem 2007-04-08 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholi (Post 893097)
ffdshow builds with SSE optimizations have proven to have insignificant speed differences in decoding. It doesn't matter which you get, just that you get one from a trustable source. Doesn't matter if you get one that is SSE2 "optimized" or for just MMX.

Would it be possible for you to link me to the proof? This runs counter to my own personal experiences, and I can't really think of any other explanation for what I've seen on my systems.