AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Do you ski or snowboard!?!? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=205)

[Guyverrr] 2003-11-04 20:00

Do you ski or snowboard!?!?

Do you have a sport in the winter like snowboarding or skiing??

I am a ski-fanatic :D

Koshiba 2003-11-04 20:22

Nope, I live in Florida. :P

boneyjellyfish 2003-11-04 20:24

Do you count videogames?

Jump 2003-11-04 20:34

Yeah, I have been snowboarding for about 9 years now. I usually go to Heavenly at Tahoe because my family owns a condo there that was recently built. Marriott's Grand Residence is the name of the place. It rocks.

Moon The Cat 2003-11-04 20:39

I live near near the Gates of Hell, so it is unlikely for me to snowboard.

EtherNEZ 2003-11-04 20:52

I'm a recent skiing convert, but I'm still very much a newbie. I couldn't ski to save my life, though I can ski down some of the easier 'green' pistes at the moment.

It's a once a year event though, driving to the French Alps from central UK is quite a trek - but it's well worth the effort. Beautiful scenery and skiing is great fun once you get into it (my brother and sister are boarder's)

Skiing in Scotland doesn't quite have the same ring to it.... :)

Silent Spring 2003-11-04 21:26

I use to ski all the time when I was in Canada, but now I'm in sunny cali where it never snows, that's why I have to go to tahoe every winter. My favorite resort is North Star, I love the free stuff they give there also. Free stuff is the best part of skiing

Akkarael 2003-11-04 22:10

Snow... I like snow... I like watching it from inside the house...
Actually, I think it's gorgeous, but I just don't do too well in the cold, myself!

Silent Spring - Northstar certainly is lovely! (Though my memories are somewhat tainted by flashbacks of my cousins prodding me down the moguls! :eyespin: )

eLstar 2003-11-04 22:16

I can skate.

:)

144M_HYPERION 2003-11-04 22:50

I tried both Ski and Snowboard before ...

I still like Ski better .... :)

Tzurial 2003-11-04 22:59

This is going to sound weird but I cant ski left..instead of turning I just fall over ;_;..but theres something almost peaceful about tumbling down a mountain..really

I ski for the snowlifts!! god those are fun

Jump 2003-11-04 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzurial
This is going to sound weird but I cant ski left..instead of turning I just fall over ;_;..but theres something almost peaceful about tumbling down a mountain..really

I ski for the snowlifts!! god those are fun

Haha, I used to have the same problem, except with snowboard. When I was younger, I couldn't snowboard using the back of my board. so I basically was using my toes the whole time, god it was painful. Took about 2 years for me to start using both sides. Makes it a whole lot more fun.

Halfpile rocks, heh. I was able to go on it when the X-Games hit Heavenly a few years ago. I think they still have a snowboard park this year, too.

ZGMF-10A 2003-11-05 01:05

ummm i don't hate snow but i don't skii or snowboard...... but i wanna snowboard.....:)

EliteJounin 2003-11-05 02:43

I would prefer snowboarding. Its better than skiing even though i never tried, but i am gonna go try snowboarding soon and im a fast learner so... yeah.

p3psi 2003-11-05 02:54

I used to go sleding and jump out of the sled and roll down the hill. Boy, those were the days, always fun, especailly when you roll into a tree. :heh:

boneyjellyfish 2003-11-05 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3psi
I used to go sleding and jump out of the sled and roll down the hill. Boy, those were the days, always fun, especailly when you roll into a tree. :heh:

What's even more fun is when you do that and smash into a fence. Ahh... memories.

uglypigs 2003-11-05 03:20

i dont snowboard, but i have illustrated for snowboards before.

[Titan] 2003-11-05 05:41

I miss the option: "neither, and I don't hate snow"
Voted "other" instead(skating), I'd love to snowboard one day though, but I never go on winter holiday, because of birthdays and financial reasons. :(

hinata-chan 2003-11-05 05:51

I never went skiing, but I've tried snowboarding once. I kept falling, and falling, and falling, but it was still a lot of fun. :)

Alfzilla 2003-11-05 08:11

snowboarding all the way! season should be starting soon too! o yea!