AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Providenceangle 2014-02-14 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5011574)
Anyway, yeah, K9's color is not bad at all.

Yes, the review photos by other people, show the colour as being, far closer to the original anime's.

Sadly, I won't be able to buy any gundam for the next 8 months... I'm off to college starting Feb 24th lol. I might, MIGHT, be able to buy the k9. If I scrimp and dig out all the coins in my couch lol.

Skye629 2014-02-15 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 5012242)
Yes, the review photos by other people, show the colour as being, far closer to the original anime's.

Sadly, I won't be able to buy any gundam for the next 8 months... I'm off to college starting Feb 24th lol. I might, MIGHT, be able to buy the k9. If I scrimp and dig out all the coins in my couch lol.

Here's a tip, get a change jar and label it "models"

For 3 terms of college I dumped whatever coin change I had in my pocket at the end of the day into the jar

Had enough to buy a HGUC Kshatriya by the end of the academic year

Trust me, it really does build up over time :D

Providenceangle 2014-02-15 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5012357)
Here's a tip, get a change jar and label it "models"

For 3 terms of college I dumped whatever coin change I had in my pocket at the end of the day into the jar

Had enough to buy a HGUC Kshatriya by the end of the academic year

Trust me, it really does build up over time :D

I want to save to get a car in 8 months or so. No gundam unless it's gifts from others... lol

Aurelis 2014-02-16 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 5012669)
I want to save to get a car in 8 months or so. No gundam unless it's gifts from others... lol

Haha, do you think you'll still be checking on Gundam news often for the 8 months? I'd imagine the nice surprise (or complete horror at the cost) of staying away from Gundam for 8 months and coming back to see what Bandai released in that time frame.

Eitherway, I'm definitely feeling a sudden love for GMs, attributed to the K9 spectacular performance. Recently picked up the Thunderbolt GM.

http://i.imgur.com/06RnKVd.jpg?1

The insulated limbs looked rather decent surprisingly. The kit seems pretty detailed and I was surprised by the articulation. I've not started the weapons and the multitude of thrusters but I must say, it makes me want to get the other kits in the Thunderbolt series. I am still reeling over the fact that I got a 1/144 Wave FSS Engage SR-3 over the FA Gundam Thunderbolt last weekend.

Galaxian 2014-02-16 19:47

Just ordered Kampfer Amazing. Now I have to save up money for the extra Amazing Binders.

Skye629 2014-02-16 20:08

Finished HGBF Build Strike Full Package

And I Loooovvveeeee itttttt, such a nice solid kit, and looks great if you put in the time to add in the color apps which are missing (I did mine with gundam markers as always)

Not gonna post any pictures though, I really want to get a few action base 2's so I can display them more properly at angles and such

BTW, which site is better for image hosting so I can post on here? Imgur or Photobucket? Pro's and cons? Ease of use? etc.

And Im a bit concerned about picture quality........all I got is a crappy 5 megapixel camera on my iPhone5

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-16 20:46

All I can tell is Photobucket a shit

Better use ImageBam, Imgurl, Postimages

Also, how does it compare to old strike (if you have one), especially proportion?

Aurelis 2014-02-16 21:48

Imgur is really convenient but I find that it reduces the image quality too much, especially after size resolution reduction.

Photobucket on the other hand, is a hassle since you need an account but it seems to upload better images.

PS: I think iPhone's camera is much better than my Xperia Z :p

Skye629 2014-02-16 23:01

Testing

http://i.imgur.com/TGOUarJl.jpg

Ehhhhhh.......not too bad, Im really wishing for a higher quality camera though =____=

And this is proof that Im not just a talker :P I really do build these

MoonLightShadows 2014-02-17 01:55

Gundams are fun to collect. But I really like grunt suits. GM, Jegan. So the new GM design for Gundam thunderbolt probably my new favorite and cant wait to see more from Gundam Thunderbolt. :D (for a file host site I use Flickr seems to work good)

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
(I'm trying methods to make pictures look good, along with poses)

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-17 02:02

I have difficulty finding the proper pose for Sinanju, with it's rifle and shield on :(

Skye629 2014-02-17 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5014645)
I have difficulty finding the proper pose for Sinanju, with it's rifle and shield on :(

Many UC suits actually looks the best just standing there, with a slight head turn here and there/posed at an angle

As opposed to this AU series tend to look better in dynamic poses (SEED/DESTINY is a prime example of this), or for example the Build Strike picture I posted

On another note, Im satisfied with how my gunpla pic turned out, I'll get you guys more stuff from my collection later on :)

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-17 05:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5014649)
As opposed to this AU series tend to look better in dynamic poses (SEED/DESTINY is a prime example of this), or for example the Build Strike picture I posted

Another question

The red sticker on the build booster didn't appear in Dalong's info, does that sticker came from Build Strike's? :confused:

Skye629 2014-02-17 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5014757)
Another question

The red sticker on the build booster didn't appear in Dalong's info, does that sticker came from Build Strike's? :confused:

The Build Strike Full Package comes with 4 red stickers, 2 for the sideskirts (skipped these and used paint pen) and 2 for the side vents near the cockpit of the Build Booster, which I used :) (painting red on blue is a bitch, so i used stickers)

As for the sole Build Booster pack on its own, Im not too sure if it comes with stickers :/

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-17 07:36

FFUUUUUUU-

< (Frustrated because he haven't mastered the art of THIN UR PAINTS)

Skye629 2014-02-17 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5014814)
FFUUUUUUU-

Thinning is pretty easy, u just need to know what ratios for what paints and what thinner ur using, and taking into account how fast the paint u use dry so u dont pour out too much and waste it
._.

Providenceangle 2014-02-17 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 5014030)
Haha, do you think you'll still be checking on Gundam news often for the 8 months? I'd imagine the nice surprise (or complete horror at the cost) of staying away from Gundam for 8 months and coming back to see what Bandai released in that time frame.

I went 9 years without buying gunpla at one point lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5014814)
FFUUUUUUU-

What kind of paint?

So yeah I have a feeling the next RG with be Build strike.

StrikeFreedomV2 2014-02-17 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 5015067)

So yeah I have a feeling the next RG with be Build strike.

I wouldn't surprised about that, but I hope the do something different. IMO, Build Strike doesn't RG. I'm actually surprised that we're getting all that Build Fighters MG's. It's kinda funny, that they release 1/100 model kits of a Mobile Suit that is actually a 1/144 model kit itself^^

GameraBaenre 2014-02-17 15:06

Full blog post: http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=2932

Work continues, I got the torso, head, and shoulders painted, decaled, and cleared. The assembly f-ed up some of the right shoulder pieces, so those are being repainted, but for all intents and purposes, this section is done. Note, not pictured, I do have the inner shoulder lights in place. The wires still need to be threaded into the main body where all the wiring will eventually meet.

The head

Also included in the above post is the work on the rifle. It's not finished, but primed so, close enough. I did some beginner 3D design and using the 3D printer at work, printed out the a master rail, that I then molded and cast in resin. Fun with learning a new skill and tool. And sort of functional to the kit in progress too.

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-17 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 5015067)
What kind of paint?

It's local brand but actually made for modeling purposes

also, HG Destiny turn out to be less disastrous than I expect, so it's only a matter of my painting skill. Will post photos when I got a new MMC for my phone.