AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Abnormal-kei Joshi (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117884)

frubam 2013-02-13 11:36

Abnormal-kei Joshi

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb77ed889.jpg

Author/Artist: Sanada Eleven
Genres: Harem, Romance, School Life, Seinen

Description from MU:
Quote:

High schooler Shiina Shinya thinks that all girls are pretty much good-for-nothing, mostly because he doesn't understand them at all. That doesn't stop him from being surrounded by strange girls! Tsubasa Tooka, a cute, much-admired girl, stalks him. Shikimura Masami is majorly into masochism, and has recruited Shinya into her play sessions. Ikari Satsuki seems suspiciously interested in the recent serial stabbings, and seems to want to drag Shinya into it. Banjou Yoruko, a normally quiet, bookish girl, has decided she and Shinya are bound up in some fantasy setting. Uchida Yumeji is the school's sleeping beauty, who spends all of her time in the infirmary because she requires so much sleep. Shinya brings her newspapers, so she can keep up with current events in the short time she spends awake. Lastly, Okui Akane is convinced she is a vampire. For all Shinya knows, it could be true, but in practice it just means that he has to let her drink his blood. How will Shinya deal with all these good-for-nothing girls that complicate his life?
I thought this might be similar Oddman 11, so I went to read the synopsis. It seemed interesting, so I read the first chapter. From the very first page, just looking at the expression of the MC, I KNEW I would be in for a treat. I'll let the rest speak for itself for now, but THIS is how I like my harems to start off. VERRY interesting kick-off to a harem series =03.

Xacual 2013-02-13 13:24

The story has indeed been amusing so far. Chapter 2 got translated today leaving us I think two more raw chapters to go.

Based on initial appearances I'd have to go with Killer = Sleeping Beauty > Stalker > Vampire > Delusional Knight > Masochist. I wonder if Stalker is trying to get the girls to off each other what with continually calling the Delusional Knight to "protect him."

Next chapter we'll get to meet the
Spoiler for Chapter 3:

Richocet 2013-02-13 14:04

SO I started to read this and it seems...interesting to say the very least
Like stalker-kun said how he deals with these girls and also doesn't react to what they do is weird

Iron Maw 2013-02-13 18:14

Ah, one those mangas where the entire harem is comepletely batshit. Not even main character is normal which is rare. I pretty much have no idea where this is going since there isn't a plot, but it's fun read for the insanity all the same.

BTW, did Yoruko remind anyone else of Himeka from Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru?

Lexxus 2013-02-13 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 4553066)
Based on initial appearances I'd have to go with Killer = Sleeping Beauty > Stalker > Vampire > Delusional Knight > Masochist. I wonder if Stalker is trying to get the girls to off each other what with continually calling the Delusional Knight to "protect him."

What a bunch of weird girls. I'll go insane having these kind of girls around me :heh:

Utsuro no Hako 2013-02-13 19:21

So are we supposed to be rooting for the girl we want the MC to get with, or the one we want to kill him?

Xacual 2013-02-13 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 4553328)
BTW, did Yoruko remind anyone else of Himeka from Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru?

Yoruko is an expy of Ame Ochibana from Denpa Teki na Kanojo. If you like her and you haven't watched the two OVAs for that, I'd highly recommend them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 4553383)
So are we supposed to be rooting for the girl we want the MC to get with, or the one we want to kill him?

I guess we could speculate how we think the story will develop. We already have Stalker making the Delusional Knight go after the other girls. I'm pretty sure Sleeping Beauty is safe since well she doesn't do anything except talk to him for like half an hour once a day. Compared to Killer or Vampire anyway.

frubam 2013-02-13 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richocet (Post 4553099)
Like stalker-kun said how he deals with these girls and also doesn't react to what they do is weird

Yes, I think Shinya's reaction(or lack thereof) of what he sees those girls go through is the grand allure to this series. Most MCs would be afraid to death to deal with any of them, but he completely ignores the negative aspects of their character. Despite being a murderer, a stalker, a masochist, etc, he still values his connection to them as being friends, even if he thinks they are strange or dangerous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 4553066)
Based on initial appearances I'd have to go with Killer = Sleeping Beauty > Stalker > Vampire > Delusional Knight > Masochist. I wonder if Stalker is trying to get the girls to off each other what with continually calling the Delusional Knight to "protect him.

Huh? How the heck does Yumeji = Satsuki? I mean, sure, Yumeji is cute and all, but I'd hardly put her up there with the rest of the cast. Well, the Masochist would be on the lower end of the pole too. Actually, I can't rate all of them fairly because Yoroko and Satsuki got the most screen time so far, but I'd rate all of them except Yumeji and Shikimura on the same level, with the latter two slightly under the rest.

RJ TAYLER 2013-02-14 01:06

You could almost open a book on when the MC is found in 'easy-to-assemble-kit-form' courtesy of one of the batshit insane-in-the-membrane babe squad. Nicely Twisted in a sort-of ''Addams Family" sort of way for my liking.

Xacual 2013-02-14 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 4553590)
Huh? How the heck does Yumeji = Satsuki? I mean, sure, Yumeji is cute and all, but I'd hardly put her up there with the rest of the cast. Well, the Masochist would be on the lower end of the pole too. Actually, I can't rate all of them fairly because Yoroko and Satsuki got the most screen time so far, but I'd rate all of them except Yumeji and Shikimura on the same level, with the latter two slightly under the rest.

That was completely based on my own preferences, I really liked the small bit with Yumeji and how she got fired up about the "Phantom Killer."

blade82 2013-02-14 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 4553328)

the chunbiyo disease:heh:

Iron Maw 2013-02-14 15:58

I know it's a little early but, I can't shake the feeling that if any end happens Stalker-chan has the highest chance. She seems understand the lead the most and comes off as quite a schemer. Hell, if Shiina were to move somewhere, she's the most likely to track him down regardless of where it is. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 4553489)
Yoruko is an expy of Ame Ochibana from Denpa Teki na Kanojo. If you like her and you haven't watched the two OVAs for that, I'd highly recommend them.

Cool, I'll certainly check that out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade82 (Post 4553847)
the chunbiyo disease:heh:

Yep, it seems characters with it are appearing more and more these days.

Kreceir 2013-02-21 20:52

And the Yandere little sister joins the group!
all the girls are messed up in their heads, I'm loving this.

I'm actually excited for once and I can't wait for the next chapter.

Richocet 2013-02-21 21:09

Wow a yandere imouto...I really dont know how to feel especially in this manga
And if I didn't know any better, I'd be really conflicted reading the last line

Xacual 2013-02-22 00:21

Another great chapter though I read the translation last week so it wasn't all new. I think there's only one more chapter out too sadly.

whitecloud 2013-02-22 04:57

the ending might be like school days minus the MC being killed...the only one that survive is the one that have least screen time like sleeping beauty or the one that good at scheming like stalker..

P.S : if those girl hang out around me....i would likely go insane too...or at least have emotional problem

Lexxus 2013-02-22 08:32

I feel sorry for the masochist girl. I'm not really used on seeing girls being beating up like that O_O

He's quite a protective brother. He really spoil her sister. I wonder if the next girl will be tsundere? :heh:

Kreceir 2013-02-22 09:39

I've got to agree I don't really like how the masochist girl is getting her *pleasure*
I was a bit oke when he whipped her, that's like standard bdsm tool, but then the kick to the head made me a bit concerned.

If you can't read Japanese or if you think away the text, it just looks he just beat up some random girl.

That's my only complaint.

Lexxus 2013-02-22 10:39

Yeah, and the very last page is quite disturbing. I really don't want to imagine what kind of beat up he did to her but I'm hoping that this will be the last or maybe they lessen this kind of scene. Not quite of fan of seeing a girl being beaten up like that.

Shadow5YA 2013-02-22 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexxus (Post 4564412)
I feel sorry for the masochist girl. I'm not really used on seeing girls being beating up like that O_O

I'm not used to girls who want to be beat up like that.

Iron Maw 2013-02-22 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreceir (Post 4563758)
And the Yandere little sister joins the group!
all the girls are messed up in their heads, I'm loving this.

I'm actually excited for once and I can't wait for the next chapter.

I actually don't think she's a Yandere, there's not much of a trace of the destructive nature. Mei just seems like really super clingy brocon girl really. She and Sleeping Beauty are pretty the most normal of the girls.

Richocet 2013-02-22 13:22

^We did read the same chapter right lol
I agree on the super-clingy-imouto-yandere-mix though

Utsuro no Hako 2013-02-22 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 4564713)
I actually don't she's a Yandere, there's not much of a trace of the destructive nature. Mei just seems like really super clingy brocon girl really. She and Sleeping Beauty are pretty the most normal of the girls.

She wrecked the house after hearing Shikimura's message -- I'd call that more than a trace of destructiveness.

Iron Maw 2013-02-22 13:31

If she was really a Yandere one of these girls would be dead by now rather than her crying to her brother after messing up his room. :heh:

Besides she doesn't even want guys to talk to him which is abnormal for a Yandere. Mei could certainly develop into one at some point in the future though...

Xacual 2013-02-22 13:54

One day people will learn that yandere don't have to be violent. A yandere just has to be crazily obsessed with their target. People get too fooled by Yuno and think all yanderes have to be like that.

Mei definitely showed all the signs of being a yandere, not allowing him to have phone numbers of other people except those she approves and only allowing him to have "guy" friends. Not to mention trashing his room to look for any evidence of having a girlfriend.

Iron Maw 2013-02-22 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 4564774)
One day people will learn that yandere don't have to be violent. A yandere just has to be crazily obsessed with their target. People get too fooled by Yuno and think all yanderes have to be like that.

Mei definitely showed all the signs of being a yandere, not allowing him to have phone numbers of other people except those she approves and only allowing him to have "guy" friends. Not to mention trashing his room to look for any evidence of having a girlfriend.

Heh, you're right. I was more or less comparing her to Yuno and some of others I have seen and things they do. Mei's actions in comparison weren't on such a level to me outside being obsessive.

Utsuro no Hako 2013-02-22 15:35

Besides, if the yandere kills someone the first time she appears, she has no place to go. Better to have a slow burn and have her go axe-crazy in the grand finale.

frubam 2013-02-22 22:31

You know when you play an eroge/harem game(or Persona 3/4) for the first time, and you try to "satisfy" all of the girls you come across instead of focusing on one particular girl by trying to do a little bit with everyone? That's what Shinya's situation reminds me of.

It's like he has the perfect balance in dealing with them; at times he's direct, unmoving, and straightforward, but at the same time, he caters to every girl's little whims despite giving the impression that he's in total control.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 4564868)
Besides, if the yandere kills someone the first time she appears, she has no place to go. Better to have a slow burn and have her go axe-crazy in the grand finale.

Well, Satsuki has killed 6 people in cold blood so far, and no one's caught on to her (>.>), though I agree with the 'killing in the end' part =03. Build up is quite important.

RRW 2013-02-22 22:52

I guess having so many stalker is not bad for you

RRW 2013-03-08 22:10

http://i.imgur.com/hM8H5zJ.png

Richocet 2013-03-08 22:23

God this guy has the most interesting harem...weird, dangerous, psychotic but interesting nonetheless

Sumeragi 2013-03-08 22:28

Interesting to say the least.

RRW 2013-03-08 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4583634)
Interesting to say the least.

TBH I am not surprised if one of them is your sister

Xacual 2013-03-08 22:41

I want more interactions between the harem, watching Yoruko and Tooka amuses me.

Ridwan 2013-03-08 22:54

Oh another from Hyakko's artist.

I'll follow this. I'll still wonder when he will ever continue with Hyakko though.

Kreceir 2013-03-09 03:11

Wow, Tooka is an dedicated stalker, Camera and such things.
I'll be honest, I kinda laughed a bit when she showed the president doing her M things and his childhood friend just murdering someone and said ''oops I showed you something weird''

Pacify 2013-03-09 04:22

Haha, now this is some weird shit. Best harem ever

Iron Maw 2013-03-09 07:18

Ch 4

Okay there's "stalking" then there's ..."this". :twitch: :heh:

Fun chapter as usual though.

RJ TAYLER 2013-03-09 08:12

Today's theme song is courtesy of The Police "Every Breath You Take"; in regards chapter four.

RapidPotential 2013-03-09 08:52

How does the guy even manage to remain sane amongst his insane harem?! This guy's something. :heh: