AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

randus 2010-04-10 10:12

@X207: Nice, now the GATTAI is complete! XD
It has a launcher, claws and fangs as well! Now the GNZ suit looks more balance. :3

Now, my turn! =D
I finally got my 007S/G this Monday and speed build it within the same day at night until past midnight due to a deadline. Got request by the VP of the club to put it up for display during the club recruitment drive at school. ^^
Anyways, enough banter, here are some pics. =)

More here.
So, what do you guys think for my 007S/G? I only used Gundam Markers though since I don't have anything better to use. ^^;

JC... 2010-04-10 11:42

Wow you have a gunpla club that's awesome! I've almost finished my Ahead, a bit more painting and some new batteries for my camera and I'll post some pictures...

Then I'll start my diorama and my Masurao >_> it's gonna be fun =3

X207 2010-04-10 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC23 (Post 2996671)
Just paint it with a 00 sized brush or even a wooden toothpick bro. :D

thanks, is it easier to do the background or the iris first? ive tried a toothpick on the hatch release warning on my NG 144 blitz, it turned out ok but i couldve done better with a blade had i though of that idea. i'll just have to practice.

thanks grimmreapers, i never thought of using any gundam markers b4. i'll have to look into that also

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2996771)
Nice one, X207. Though I'd prefer the Gartazzo's horns to remain blue... However, I love your Gaddess(a) with cannon!

i was a bit annoyed that the horns on the head would just get overshadowed by the blue on the head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2996830)
Nice clean build X207. I assume you had your flaws like everyone else but nice work on it to hide them. :) Keep up the good work.

surprisingly there are very few this build. the colours were a bit off but thats pretty much it.

@JC...:
now i just got to finish off the gaddessa, shouldn't take long as the colors are staying stock.

thank you everyone for the comments on my garrazzo. it took me a while to build but then again id guess patience wins in the end.

randus 2010-04-10 12:34

To be precise, its an anime and manga club. Gunpla included. ^^

JC... 2010-04-10 13:52

That's cool, lol

I really want a topcoat so I can topcoat my models, I'd prefer a spray can to the ones in small bottles, does anyone know of any that I could buy in a place like halfords or homebase (for the UK people) ?

Like_Clockwork 2010-04-10 16:13

has anyone seen the new hobby japan??? that red gnx is amazing do you think it's going to come out??? and if you guys haven't seen it then I'll post a scan real soon!

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-04-10 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork (Post 2997522)
has anyone seen the new hobby japan??? that red gnx is amazing do you think it's going to come out??? and if you guys haven't seen it then I'll post a scan real soon!

No idea what you're talking about.:confused:

Is it Deborah's Advanced GN-X? I remember that was red. Or is it another GN-XIII?

Like_Clockwork 2010-04-10 18:04

here it is! and yes you're right the deborah galiena! :D

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/991...18244893c0.jpg

if anyone else wants to see what else is in the mag I can upload more scans.

Sir Dearka 2010-04-10 18:15

Wow, i really want to see this one out. along with the GN-XIII would fit coloristically to my new flat :]

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-04-10 19:51

Blah damn it!

RAVNEN 2010-04-10 20:46

If that red GN-X release as a MG,i would buy it.:D I have soft spot for red MS.

DC23 2010-04-10 21:14

It's either that is a MG release or another one of those sick scratch builts.:D

RAVNEN 2010-04-10 21:22

Yeah,seeing those Japanese words give me feel that is a scratch build. I would'nt mind if Bandai decide to milk MG GN-X variation.:D

SonicSP 2010-04-10 21:32

Hey X207,can you tell me how did you paint your GN Field Generator?That binder on the left shoulder,how did you paint the yellow part?It looks like its well done.

I attempted it without much success.Did you use thinner with the yellow?

Like_Clockwork 2010-04-10 23:47

pretty sure it is a scratch build, there's a lot of pictures of the WIP in the magazine.

X207 2010-04-11 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2997815)
Hey X207,can you tell me how did you paint your GN Field Generator?That binder on the left shoulder,how did you paint the yellow part?It looks like its well done.

I attempted it without much success.Did you use thinner with the yellow?

thank you sonicsp, i kept it simple, the gn sheild was done with 2 coats of yellow acrylic. mind you i didnt bother to mix the paint sufficiently so a second coat was needed. thought i did spray the whole piece with primer so all the colours went on nicely. for the GN generator i used mr colour lacquer (cg21 pink (2) but a red final colour), ruins brushes in minutes if its not thinned out to remove the paint but otherwise very useful. its not very runny and dries fast. its relatively easy to scrape away excess to clean it up and even easier after 30-40 seconds to dry. other than that you just need to be careful where the paint goes. so far i do it for any GN drive tau MS i have including the GNZ line but not my throne drei. id say it would be cool but its not a function that is always on in nena's case.

edit: the gaddessa is completed will take pics later on when i have time.

Like_Clockwork 2010-04-11 19:26

did bandai every officially make a gundam plutone??? i've seen a few if i remember right, but were they scratch builds???

GrimmReaperNL 2010-04-11 20:22

MG Custom GM Custom

k, my turn to post a custom.

I just finished my custom 'GM Custom'.
Used the kotobukia chain saw/ machine gun set on the fore arms. i cut off the barrles off the machine guns and made them fit on the fore arms as you can see in the picture above. then i made 2 slots on both fore arms where the chain saw attatchment thingy fits in.

on the backpack i glued 2 pieces of plasitc which function as hooks where the shield can be mounted up side down.
i added another set of barrles (from one of the armored core weapon sets) to the lower part of the shield.
The model comes with 2 beam saber hilts only one of which can be mounted on the backpack so, i made a notch underneath the barrel of his rifle and glued in the 2nd hilt. threw in the beam dagger from the hg00 kits and... ta-daa. one beam bajonet

you can click all images for a larger view, hope you guys like it

Sir Dearka 2010-04-11 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork (Post 2999137)
did bandai every officially make a gundam plutone??? i've seen a few if i remember right, but were they scratch builds???

There was a 1/144 scratch build. Hell, I'd buy it for sure if it was released :]

SonicSP 2010-04-12 01:37

Can someone remind me of the release date of the HG Astraea Type F and HG Avalanche Exia?