AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 521 [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73781)

james0246 2008-11-10 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2046049)
This guy:
He sword revenge on Luffy after losing the Davy Back Fight, so I expect him to return at some point. I was actually hoping that his crew would team up with Buggy and Alvida's crews....

I t has been a pseudo-fantasy of mine that all of the secondary villains that Luffy has defeated will band together to create one large fleet whose sole goal is to defeat the Strawhats. Buggyy, Alvida, Mr. 5 (for no particular reason other than he looks cool :)), Perona, Foxy and his gang, maybe Binamy and a few others will all join together to hunt down the Strawhats.

This just seems like it would be a really fun arc :).

Sakuranbo 2008-11-10 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2046090)
I t has been a pseudo-fantasy of mine that all of the secondary villains that Luffy has defeated will band together to create one large fleet whose sole goal is to defeat the Strawhats. Buggyy, Alvida, Mr. 5 (for no particular reason other than he looks cool :)), Perona, Foxy and his gang, maybe Binamy and a few others will all join together to hunt down the Strawhats.

And it would be called "the B-Villains" arc.

marvelB 2008-11-10 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2046090)

Oh god, Binamy. Those scanlations still crack me up to this day. How does Bellamy the Hyena become Binamy the Daschund!? :heh:

Speaking of Bellamy, there was actually some speculation that Doflamingo may have sold him off as a slave. In fact, some people believe that the slave that Charlos was riding on in Sabaody may have been Bellamy. Well, I admit that it's an interesting idea....

But yeah, Foxy teaming up with Buggy would be awesome. I guess I always felt that they would make for a natural team because they both seem to be so.... similar somehow. Maybe it's because both of them are sensitive about certain parts of their body (Buggy with his nose, Foxy with his hair). I kinda doubt that we'll see any more Baroque Works people as enemies though, what with how the Goldenweek ministory ended. Perona's still up in the air at this point (almost literally, considering how Kuma's power works), and I think we can also rule out Wapol since he's become a toy mogul now. Well, maybe there's Krieg's crew, if they somehow managed to survive their second trip to the Grand Line (and Gin from his poisoning)......

Edit: I nearly forgot one more person: Morgan! We've heard nothing about him after he escaped from Garp in East Blue....

Freya 2008-11-10 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2046126)
Oh god, Binamy. Those scanlations still crack me up to this day. How does Bellamy the Hyena become Binamy the Daschund!? :heh:

Speaking of Bellamy, there was actually some speculation that Doflamingo may have sold him off as a slave. In fact, some people believe that the slave that Charlos was riding on in Sabaody may have been Bellamy. Well, I admit that it's an interesting idea....

But yeah, Foxy teaming up with Buggy would be awesome. I guess I always felt that they would make for a natural team because they both seem to be so.... similar somehow. Maybe it's because both of them are sensitive about certain parts of their body (Buggy with his nose, Foxy with his hair). I kinda doubt that we'll see any more Baroque Works people as enemies though, what with how the Goldenweek ministory ended. Perona's still up in the air at this point (almost literally, considering how Kuma's power works), and I think we can also rule out Wapol since he's become a toy mogul now. Well, maybe there's Krieg's crew, if they somehow managed to survive their second trip to the Grand Line (and Gin from his poisoning)......

Edit: I nearly forgot one more person: Morgan! We've heard nothing about him after he escaped from Garp in East Blue....

Eh. If Luffy could defeat them then he could easily do it again now.

Slayerx 2008-11-10 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2046002)
I'm still disappointed at the fact that he still hasn't gotten a ministory so far. I was actually hoping that his would come up after the Eneru ministory, but we got CP9 instead. Maybe after this one is over with.....

i got my money on a perona ministory after CP9 comes to a close...
And after that, i'm thinking a supernova ministory; y'know to help us see the fates of Hawkins and the others that got taken down by Kizaru

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.A. (Post 2045885)
Basically I think Oda hit the mark with Boa being the most beautiful female human in One Piece.

I'd like to see how he's going to create mermaids who are supposed to be even more beautiful.

Camie is already quite a cuite, but if mermaids are supposed to be even more beautiful than Boa, I suppose Camie must be quite a normal or even ugly by mermaid standards lol

Well one thing you have to take into account that it could just be a rumor or gossip that mermiads are more beautiful than Boa... afterall, knowing what has happened to men who encounter Boa, can we really say that the guys on Lola's crew has actually seen boa? They could just be repeating rumors or even jumping to the conclusion that NOTHING could be prettier than a mermaid

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroForever (Post 2045745)
i'm pretty sure it's just because he has the king class haki like her, as his haki is on the same level as hers i'm pretty sure thats why he is unaffected/repels her aura.

the DF i think works on emotions as her seduction aura/haki didn't work she wasn't able to get luffy to a state where her DF would work.

all just spectulation though, i'm sure there will be a event where she will explain in detail what her ability is though.

The way i'm thinking Boa's power over others works is a combination of her Haki and her beauty... normally the king's haki is used to force others into submission under you and be an intimidating force... however, Boa combines that power with her natural beauty to turn it into a seductive force instead of a dominating one... people who normally find Boa highly attractive suddenly find themselves falling head over heals in love with her

When it comes to her devil fruit powers... it seems likely that the only thing needed is for the victim to find her attractive; her Haki makes this even easier...

Now Luffy also processes the same Haki as Boa, this may allow him to subconsciously resist if not negate Boa's Haki... With boa's Haki eliminated, Luffy is only able to fall prey to her natural beauty... this is where Luffy's natural resistance to woman comes up to make him just about immune to Boa's powers

The vice admiral is almost a similar case... while he does not possess Boa's type of Haki, he does likely have a strong enough will to resist such haki... however, as serious as he is, he is still prey to finding Boa attractive and as such needs to distract himself to avoid being turned to stone

Freya 2008-11-10 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerx (Post 2046230)

The vice admiral is almost a similar case... while he does not possess Boa's type of Haki, he does likely have a strong enough will to resist such haki... however, as serious as he is, he is still prey to finding Boa attractive and as such needs to distract himself to avoid being turned to stone

So would he have stabbed himself before or after he got hit by the mEro mero beam thingy.

Slayerx 2008-11-10 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freya (Post 2046242)
So would he have stabbed himself before or after he got hit by the mEro mero beam thingy.

Before or possibly while... he wouldn't be able to do it after as he would have been a stone statue. Being turned to stone requires the victim to be attracted to Boa on some level... as long as you are not attracted to her you will not turn to stone, as such he must stab himself before turning to stone to erase what ever lingering thoughts might cause him to fall prey to her mero mero powers

marvelB 2008-11-10 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freya (Post 2046165)
Eh. If Luffy could defeat them then he could easily do it again now.

It's a given that Luffy would whup them all again, but I still think it would be fun to see exactly how those past villains plan to take him out, since they're undoubtedly aware of how infamous he's became. Heck, maybe Buggy will turn out to be a Haki user, as well. After all, he WAS a former member of Gold Roger's crew....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerx (Post 2046230)
i got my money on a perona ministory after CP9 comes to a close...
And after that, i'm thinking a supernova ministory; y'know to help us see the fates of Hawkins and the others that got taken down by Kizaru

Perona maybe, but I highly doubt that any supernovas will get any ministories anytime soon. With the exceptions of Luffy and Zoro, they're all fairly new characters that we still know little about (not even the names of their DF powers!). I think it's more likely that we'll see them reappear in the main story in the near future.

...I'd still rather have a Foxy ministory, though.

Quote:

Yeah, that certainly does seem to be the case. Still, the fact that Momonga was able to resist Hancock's power shows that she won't have an easy time charming the higher-tier marines with her ability. Heck, I'd bet that if Onigumo were there instead of Momonga, he would have shot her without a second thought if she tried to pull that stunt on him....

Slayerx 2008-11-10 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2046287)
Perona maybe, but I highly doubt that any supernovas will get any ministories anytime soon. With the exceptions of Luffy and Zoro, they're all fairly new characters that we still know little about (not even the names of their DF powers!). I think it's more likely that we'll see them reappear in the main story in the near future.

their fairly new character NOW... but by the time the theoretical perona's ministory is done, it will seem like its been atleast a year since we've seen them.

And the problem about the supernova's appearing in the main storyline is the fact that their are so many of them and aside from killer, each of them has a crew of their own that comes with them... it would be hard to include them all...

I think Oda has been setting them up... Hawkins, Drake, Apoo, and Urouge were eliminated from the running... first to show off Kizaru and second to prevent them from playing a major role later on... On the other hand, Kidd, killer and Law have likely survived their encounter with the fake Kuma and are hyped as two of the supernova's that certainly WILL see in the new world... Bonney and Capone on the other hand are pretty much up in the air at the moment. Ofcourse, if the 4 captains that kizaru beat have any chance of reappearing in the new world and want to get back into the game, they are gonna have to first escape from the marines... and that escape is a damn good reason to throw in a mini arc...

one thing i find very telling is the feeling you get out of the crews of the supernovas... With Kidd and Law, you get a uniquie feel out of some of their crew... bepo and jean bart for Law, and Kidd has Killer, the zombie like guy and the guy with the trident that seems to stand out... on the other hand, the crew that we have seen out of the other supernova's doesn't really have anyone who gives off the same kind of feel... it makes me feel as though Kidd and Law's crews are the only ones who will get a strong amount of attention, while the other crews won't get much more beyond a short cameo appearance.

Personally, i do kind of feel that we should get more out of Drake if anyone is gonna get more attention... a former rear admril who seemed to become a pirate to see what it's like on their side; that should make for an interesting story...

though thinking about it, each of the supernova's will probably get an appearance in the main story, even if only for a short time... we still need to learn the names of the devil fruits they have eaten...

but overall, i think Kidd and Law are the only crews that will get really good attention in the new world, while the rest will not be nearly so prominent... but this will not bar them from some of them having a miniarc

Quote:

Yeah, that certainly does seem to be the case. Still, the fact that Momonga was able to resist Hancock's power shows that she won't have an easy time charming the higher-tier marines with her ability. Heck, I'd bet that if Onigumo were there instead of Momonga, he would have shot her without a second thought if she tried to pull that stunt on him....
Possibly... though it would be a foolish move on his part as her life and possible service against whitebeard is bound to be far more worthwhile than his own life... not to mention i don't a quick draw of a pistol would be enough to stop Boa and only give her a reason to kill him right there and then... in amazon lily, beauty is defined by strength and Boa is the most beautiful amazon there

also, as serious as momonga was he still needed to stab himself to avoid her devil fruit power... due to his resistance agaisnt her Haki he will be able to fight her, but he will still have trouble fighting her without getting turned to stone; as strong and serious as they are, they probably won't be able to deny that she is very attractive

Freya 2008-11-11 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2046287)
It's a given that Luffy would whup them all again, but I still think it would be fun to see exactly how those past villains plan to take him out, since they're undoubtedly aware of how infamous he's became. Heck, maybe Buggy will turn out to be a Haki user, as well. After all, he WAS a former member of Gold Roger's crew....

I highly doubt it. Let's see where Shanks was after they all grew up. Shanks becomes one of the 4 emperors and is able to fight almost on par with Whitebeard.

Wheres Buggy? His ability is to splity himself and got owned by a REALLY weak Luffy. So even considering him ever getting Haki is pretty funny.

james0246 2008-11-11 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freya (Post 2046658)
I highly doubt it. Let's see where Shanks was after they all grew up. Shanks becomes one of the 4 emperors and is able to fight almost on par with Whitebeard.

Wheres Buggy? His ability is to splity himself and got owned by a REALLY weak Luffy. So even considering him ever getting Haki is pretty funny.

You have to give Buggy a little more credit than that. Their current record is tied (1 win each, and 1 loss each), with Buggy nearly killing Luffy in their second encounter (Luffy was literally saved by a random bolt of lightning :)). Sure, Buggy is a somewhat comical character, but he has survived thus far on the Grand Line, and weaklings cannot survive on the Grand Line.

As to whether or not he knows of Haki or how to utilize the power…I cannot say. He should know of the power (considering one of his bosses was known Haki user Rayleigh), and as long as he knows of the power, it is very possible that he knows how to use the power.

Freya 2008-11-11 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2046678)
You have to give Buggy a little more credit than that. Their current record is tied (1 win each, and 1 loss each), with Buggy nearly killing Luffy in their second encounter (Luffy was literally saved by a random bolt of lightning :)). Sure, Buggy is a somewhat comical character, but he has survived thus far on the Grand Line, and weaklings cannot survive on the Grand Line.

As to whether or not he knows of Haki or how to utilize the power…I cannot say. He should know of the power (considering one of his bosses was known Haki user Rayleigh), and as long as he knows of the power, it is very possible that he knows how to use the power.

Ah dam. Someone summarize the Buggy fight for me again.

james0246 2008-11-11 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freya (Post 2046685)
Ah dam. Someone summarize the Buggy fight for me again.

The first time they meet, Buggy gets his ass handed to him. Buggy was tentatively holding his own against Luffy, at least until Nami kicked him in the one place a guy does not want to be kicked, which resulted in Buggy loosing track of his various body parts, and turning into a mini-Buggy :).

In their second fight, which wasn't much of a fight, Buggy tricked Luffy into a compromising position (Luffy more or less put his head in a guillotine), which resulted in Luffy nearly being killed by Buggy, at least until a random bolt of lightning came down from the sky striking Buggy, and freeing Luffy.

Freya 2008-11-11 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2046702)
The first time they meet, Buggy gets his ass handed to him. Buggy was tentatively holding his own against Luffy, at least until Nami kicked him in the one place a guy does not want to be kicked, which resulted in Buggy loosing track of his various body parts, and turning into a mini-Buggy :).

In their second fight, which wasn't much of a fight, Buggy tricked Luffy into a compromising position (Luffy more or less put his head in a guillotine), which resulted in Luffy nearly being killed by Buggy, at least until a random bolt of lightning came down from the sky striking Buggy, and freeing Luffy.

ooo tht part. You can't count that! And then smoker comes right after right?

Coudn't luffy just go rubber and gullotine not work?

james0246 2008-11-11 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freya (Post 2046722)
ooo tht part. You can't count that! And then smoker comes right after right?

Coudn't luffy just go rubber and gullotine not work?

Well, Luffy wasn't really caught in a guillotine. I guess the correct word might be Pillory (maybe). Suffice to say, Buggy was literally an inch away from severing Luffy's neck with a sword when the lightining struck. So, yes, I do count this as a win for Buggy, considering that there was nothing Luffy could do to escape, and he consequently willingly accepted that he was about to die. Rather, it was peripheral details (a freak occurrence) that decidied this match, with Luffy walking away, and Buggy almost getting captured.

Phenomenal 2008-11-11 12:02

Ok, it was confirmed from Nyon "two days have passed" since Luffy made it to the island. If many of you can remember, Sentomaru stating people hit by Kuma's pads fly through the sky for "three days and nights?" I am wondering, is this a contradiction or I am missing something here?

As an Addendum to that, Momonga gave Boa Hancock a time limit. Mamonga said he won't return empty-handed. He stated If Hancock does not show herself in "two days," they will repeal her contract.
Does this mean we are to see Mamonga in these upcoming chapters make good on his threats?

Edit: Mamonga also stated Ace's execution won't be on display for the public till one week from the day he met with Boa Hancock. So only two days have passed since then?

Phenomenal 2008-11-11 12:27

Yeah that's a possibility. Not even Sentamaru was sure of the rumours about Kuma's Paws when they touch a person.

holypanl 2008-11-11 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2046678)

It wasn't random. Monkey D. Dragon was there, and he possess the power of Storm Storm Fruit, according to one of the data books, or whatever. So the Lightning was his doing. But overall, your logic was flawless, I guess. ;)

Slayerx 2008-11-11 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phenomenol (Post 2047373)
As an Addendum to that, Momonga gave Boa Hancock a time limit. Mamonga said he won't return empty-handed. He stated If Hancock does not show herself in "two days," they will repeal her contract.
Does this mean we are to see Mamonga in these upcoming chapters make good on his threats?

Its only been like a few hours or half a day since Momonga met with Boa; He met with her on the same day that Luffy landed on amazon Lily

From what we can tell, Luffy was sent flying for atleast one day; possibly longer, and we are not sure how long he was unconscious from the mushrooms. At any rate, Its been two days since Luffy punched a noble, but less than one day since Boa met with the vice admril

Rinji 2008-11-11 14:14

Okay so let's get one thing straight. Was it looking at the symbol that turned people into stone? Or was it her powers that made them do it? I'm still kind of foggy on what part of that was fact and what part of their powers was just something they made up.