AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   FFXI server (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1542)

gummybear 2003-11-24 20:38

FFXI server

So which server do most of you on? I finally able to get my hands on a copy of it and it cost me $90, I am just a total newb and I just wonder which server is more friendly to play on, the one I am on contains tons of jerks

wnkryo 2003-11-24 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear
So which server do most of you on? I finally able to get my hands on a copy of it and it cost me $90, I am just a total newb and I just wonder which server is more friendly to play on, the one I am on contains tons of jerks

The online version of final fantasy is ouT???!! ANd how much is the total price for it with the modem and all. BTW, is thier any rumur for it on the pc??!!

Sour-Do 2003-11-24 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnkryo
The online version of final fantasy is ouT???!! ANd how much is the total price for it with the modem and all. BTW, is thier any rumur for it on the pc??!!

I'm playing the U.S. version of FFXI for PC. I bought it last week on sale for $38 + tax. After the first month, must pay $12/month to continue playing. PC Gamer Magazine says that the game is also going to come out for PS2, but no date given.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear
So which server do most of you on?

I'm playing on Diabolos (world/server). The ratio of Japanese to American players on this server about 1:1, which is nice. But unfortunately, I'm currently too low level (BLM10) to be able to party with Japanese players, who've had the game since March.

BTW, I think that Diabolos is getting too full, since the server admins have been asking if people want to have their characters moved over to a different random server...

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!

Amok 2003-11-24 21:59

I'm on Ifrit and have met alot of nice people there so far (both Japanese and North American). As with Diabolos, I believe the NA/Japanese player ratio is evenly balanced, just most NA are concentrated near the starting cities while our brothers & sisters from the Far East tend to stick around Jueno. Most everyone has been helpful and courteous, but every server has it's fair share of rude jerks... the best thing is to just blacklist them and walk away.

Square is adding three new servers and allowing those that wish to transfer to them (both the Japanese and NA players) to do so without a world pass nor loss of any items/gil or levels. It's a good idea for those that really dont like the server they are on, but I'm sure alot of these ill-mannered people will migrate as well.

I choose not to move, as I feel Ifrit has a good "community" feel to it; and there is a chance that you will lose your character's name if others that are moving have the same name. I'm too attached to my Mithra to see something different above her head.

Blue_Shocked 2003-11-25 03:28

I have been planning on getting this game, but i was just wondering how well the servers run, and also how buggy the game is, i had nothing but frustration with the last MMPORPG i played.

Amok 2003-11-25 14:38

By "how the servers run", if you mean lag wise there is none (at least not on my broadband connection). I've talked to people that run it on a 56k and havent had any lag problems whatsoever... not bad considering the servers are located in Japan.

As for bugs, you'd be hard pressed to find one. The game was beta tested and released in Japan first since June of this year. I'd say all of the kinks have been worked out since then.

gummybear 2003-11-25 16:10

Ya, I didn't see any bugs so far but I did see a lot of scams like "give me the item and I can dupe it for you, do it now cause this is your only chance" type, kinda stupid and the even more stupid one is the "I am admin" scam that people cook up, if the admin need to backup the server then why would they need my pw while they can look it up in their database, but I would give one group points for efford since they did make it looks like there IS an admin speaking with the "circle around a speaker" setup
:stupid:

Blue_Shocked 2003-11-25 19:41

Thanks Amok your answer is perfect thats what i wanted to know

Wandering_Youth 2003-11-26 17:09

I heard that FFXI allows English and Japanese people to communicte via a translation function in the game. How exactly does it work?