AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Psycho-Pass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Psycho-Pass - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117005)

monir 2012-12-27 00:31

Psycho-Pass - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Psycho-Pass, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

GDiddy 2012-12-27 12:34

I thought this was on break until after the holidays?

MisaoFan 2012-12-27 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDiddy (Post 4491188)
I thought this was on break until after the holidays?

The new episode wouldn't be able to air until around January 10.
Speaking about this new episode, are we allowed to talk about it a bit before it airs ?

Chiaki_chan 2012-12-27 18:08

I can not wait to see the episode
!!

monir 2012-12-29 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4491197)
The new episode wouldn't be able to air until around January 10.
Speaking about this new episode, are we allowed to talk about it a bit before it airs ?

Sure we can! I'll get us started.... :)

The effect of Makishima should be very tangible from here on. How it shapes Akane would be the most interesting to see. The Sibyl System also faces some critical questions to the need for its very existence.

orion 2012-12-30 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 4493925)
Sure we can! I'll get us started.... :)

The effect of Makishima should be very tangible from here on. How it shapes Akane would be the most interesting to see. The Sibyl System also faces some critical questions to the need for its very existence.

It was working okay until it came up against a sociopath. :heh:

Apparently, this has a low prevalence in East Asian countries (0.03-0.14% or 3-14 people out of 10,000).

http://infoproc.blogspot.com/2011/06...ociopaths.html

Reincarnated 2012-12-30 10:10

eps 12 will be pre-aired on January 5-6th @ Odaiba, source from another forum. I'm hoping for a bit of spoiler on that day though.

Chiaki_chan 2012-12-30 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnated (Post 4494354)
eps 12 will be pre-aired on January 5-6th @ Odaiba, source from another forum. I'm hoping for a bit of spoiler on that day though.

pre-aired ?? episode will not be aired in its entirety? And yes I think will be entitled to have a small spoiler
:rolleyes:

MisaoFan 2012-12-30 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan (Post 4494678)
pre-aired ?? episode will not be aired in its entirety? And yes I think will be entitled to have a small spoiler
:rolleyes:

Just because it's pre-aired on noitaminA café doesn't mean I cannot be aired in its entirety. Sure, it will massively be full of spoilers everywhere, but once it first airs in January 10, certain things will be cleared up to fully understand. ;)

karice67 2012-12-30 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4494679)
Just because it's pre-aired on noitaminA café doesn't mean I cannot be aired in its entirety. Sure, it will massively be full of spoilers everywhere, but once it first airs in January 10, certain things will be cleared up to fully understand. ;)

The noitaminA café screenings are of the entire episode, so yes, you'd get to see episode 12 in its entirety on January 5th. If I lived in Tokyo, that's where I'd be every Saturday until this series ends :heh:

GDiddy 2012-12-30 20:56

I"m more interested to see how the events of last episode shape Akane.

Because man oh man, it's going to eat her up....and probaly Ko too.

Chiaki_chan 2012-12-30 21:54

Is what will have to wait 5 or 6 for a video preview?

felix 2012-12-31 06:53

I hope this doesn't turn into a dissatisfying classic HAL 9000 premise: the machine decided the best course for humans to avoid killing themselves (or rather turn into vegetables) is to have a criminal influence, and Makashima is just said criminal influence empowered by the system (since supposedly the system decides on everyones life; presumably with everyone else's life into consideration). While poetic, that premise (or spin-offs on it) is also extremely boring and dull, both as a climax or ending.

Another equally stupid plot course of action is the system empowering the villain, for the sake of defeating itself, ie. the system decided that it was the cause of everyones problems and therefore it needs someone to defeat it, hence the villains role.

NoemiChan 2012-12-31 07:10

Hope Akane is a better shooter from now on.... With ReAL GUNS, she needs it.. THEY ALL ARE!!!!

felix 2012-12-31 08:45

Are the dominators (partially) auto-aim?

Rakshasa 2012-12-31 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by karice67 (Post 4494728)
The noitaminA café screenings are of the entire episode, so yes, you'd get to see episode 12 in its entirety on January 5th. If I lived in Tokyo, that's where I'd be every Saturday until this series ends :heh:

They have a café? Why didn't anyone tell me. ;/

Hmm... Odaiba Aqua City...

karice67 2012-12-31 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakshasa (Post 4495543)
They have a café? Why didn't anyone tell me. ;/

Hmm... Odaiba Aqua City...

If you're thinking of going out there, it's on the third or fourth floor in Aqua City, and the closest station is Daiba. The Cafe theater is open again from this Friday, and the screenings should be on Saturday, at two-hour intervals starting from 10am, if I remember correctly. The shop is actually 'closed' during the screening, and you'll want to get there at least 30-45 minutes before if you want a seat in the cafe...

You can check out the menu ahead of time if you like. :)

edit: oops...the screenings start at noon, four of them at two hour intervals (noon, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm). They're also on Sunday, three times a day from noon.

Rakshasa 2012-12-31 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by karice67 (Post 4495626)
If you're thinking of going out there, tt's on the third or fourth floor in Aqua City, and the closest station is Daiba. The Cafe theater is open again from this Friday, and the screenings should be on Saturday, at two-hour intervals starting from 10am, if I remember correctly. The shop is actually 'closed' during the screening, and you'll want to get there at least 30-45 minutes before if you want a seat in the cafe...

You can check out the menu ahead of time if you like. :)

Those prices... lol

Cosmic Eagle 2012-12-31 20:44

Concerts and Gundam at Zepp, anime screening at Aqua City....Odaiba trying to be the new Akiba or what :heh:

viperdk1 2012-12-31 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix (Post 4495326)
Are the dominators (partially) auto-aim?

The Dominator is controlled by the Sibyl system that governs crime in this world - after all, it is this very system that decides whether or not the trigger of the Dominator should be locked or not. As such, I would believe that the Dominator is auto-aimed, to ensure that the target assigned for enforcement is the person who receives justice.

All of this, as Shogo Makishima stated so very clearly in the last episode, leads to the idea that an Enforcer or a Detective is not the one making the decision as to whether to shoot someone. The system decides, not the person firing the gun - someone with a high crime coefficient is a target for enforcement and will be brought to justice.