AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Le Portrait de Petit Cossette (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5048)

Keitaro 2004-01-17 03:07

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Just seen the promo for this, and I gota say it looks very interesting. Might be another vampire or dark gothic kinda anime. I'll be looking forward to it in the future.

wao 2004-01-17 05:03

It definitely looks dark, and it looks intriguiing - the music seems nice, as well as the OP song cut... The character design is pretty nice, and it's got a person who can draw... X)

I'll just check it out anyway. Why not?

NoSanninWa 2004-01-17 05:12

I've been watching all of the promos and new shows for this season. I've surveyed Monkey Turn, Yumeria, Area88, Diamond Dust Drops and Cos Prayers. As I watched each one I could only think, "Ugh, this is going to be a boring season." The best of the bunch seemed to be Cosmopolitan Prayers and that isn't saying much.

Then as I watched the promo for Le Portrait de Petit Cossette I felt a stir of excitement for the first time. Finally! It looks like this is going to be a show that I can really sink my teeth into. Perhaps the January season isn't going to be a total waste of time after all! :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Just seen the promo for this, and I gota say it looks very interesting. Might be another vampire or dark gothic kinda anime. I'll be looking forward to it in the future.

It doesn't look at all like a vampire to me though it is definitely dark and gothic. I think that Cossette is a ghost. It seems that she is under a curse that she can only live if someone loves her enough to die in her stead. That would be a double-tragedy. Not only would someone who loves her be dead, but they also wouldn't be able to be together. Either way, one would be alive and the other, dead. If she loved him as well, then would she want him to die for her?

Kamui4356 2004-01-17 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I've been watching all of the promos and new shows for this season. I've surveyed Monkey Turn, Yumeria, Area88, Diamond Dust Drops and Cos Prayers. As I watched each one I could only think, "Ugh, this is going to be a boring season." The best of the bunch seemed to be Cosmopolitan Prayers and that isn't saying much.

Then as I watched the promo for Le Portrait de Petit Cossette I felt a stir of excitement for the first time. Finally! It looks like this is going to be a show that I can really sink my teeth into. Perhaps the January season isn't going to be a total waste of time after all! :D

It doesn't look at all like a vampire to me though it is definitely dark and gothic. I think that Cossette is a ghost. It seems that she is under a curse that she can only live if someone loves her enough to die in her stead. That would be a double-tragedy. Not only would someone who loves her be dead, but they also wouldn't be able to be together. Either way, one would be alive and the other, dead. If she loved him as well, then would she want him to die for her?

I've been watching all the promos too. Still I'm a little more hopeful about Yumeria, Area 88, and diamond dust drops, but that's probably because I was expecting absolutely nothing from them to begin with. :heh:
Le Protrait de Petit Cossette looks good though. I was afraid that I'd only have naruto and full metal alchemist to follow until Initial D 4th stage came out. Even if the others end up sucking I should at least have one new anime to follow now.

Walküre 2004-01-17 06:29

WOW, this looks like a Highlight in the upcoming Anime Season to me.
Cant wait to get my hands on the first Episode, after watching the Promo, the Character Design and Music are really cool.

but........Spring :(

I hope Spring is going to start early in Japan this Year :)

lamer_de 2004-01-17 06:30

Well, this is no series, but a 3 part OVA/OAV. The first episode will be released in Japan around late spring/summer...

CU,
lamer_de

Kensuke 2004-01-17 06:33

Music is done by Yuki Kajiura (.hack//SIGN, Noir) so that alone got me interested. This series looks very promising, thats all I can say at this moment.

I do have great hopes for Diamond Dust Drops, maybe even to challenge Kimi ga Nozomu Eien in romance anime genre, but I should be careful to not to set my hopes too high.

wao 2004-01-17 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamer_de
Well, this is no series, but a 3 part OVA/OAV. The first episode will be released in Japan around late spring/summer...

CU,
lamer_de

OVA? Ah well. Then we'd have to wait longer between episodes.... but I could expect good animation and stuff then, I suppose! ^_^

Late spring/summer is soooo far away though... bah. Thanks for the info anyway.

Hobbit_Marco 2004-01-17 10:02

I'm looking forward to petit cossette too. To bad it'll be only three eps, but I guess those will have to be really good ^^. You don't see much dark/goth anime, and I'm kinda interested in occult and goth stuff. I can't wait till it airs...

TheOneManArmy 2004-01-17 15:10

The Only proble is the big grammar mistake in the title, it should be read Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, since Cossette is a girl. Is that how the japanese spelled it?

lamer_de 2004-01-17 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by www.newlifeanime.com
We are pleased to announce a new series! Le Portrait de Petit Cossette (The Portrait of Little Cossette) is a 3-volume OAV coming this spring.

BeMPe noted that the title should actually be "Le Portrait de Petite Cossette," but we decided to stick to the (wrong) spelling the production staff came up with.

Japanese production companies like to have fun not only with English, but with many foreign languages like French or German aswell ^_^

Keitaro 2004-01-17 15:44

Quote:

CU,
lamer_de

Thats too bad I was hoping for a series out of this. Maybe its a good thing since the OAVs won't have to suffer from useless boring fillers like some other anime series do.

OrO 2004-01-17 16:39

the title is funny, it sounds a happy anime but I didn't see the trailer yet (downloading)

FemMas 2004-01-17 22:44

this seems like a wierd remake of The Picture of Dorian Gray. i'm interested to see how this goes along... hopefully there won't be too much space between the separate episodes. heh, and i agree with everyone else on the characters and music; both are just gorgeous! man, i wanna see this more now!

TheOneManArmy 2004-01-18 00:07

Quote:

Japanese production companies like to have fun not only with English, but with many foreign languages like French or German aswell ^_^

Well thank you, I looked around to know where the mistake was from... but it could also be plain bad spelling, forgetting the gender is a common mistake (reminds me of those Saikano little messages)

JOJOS'STAR 2004-01-18 22:31

""Le Portrait de la Petite Cossette""

Sorry this title has such a bad french that it dosent make any sense so I've just rectified it but its still the same ''Le Portrait de Petit Cosette''

Anyway I think that this anime will be very intresting my kind of psyco-dreamy and very bloody. Nice idea since I know Cosette's old anime from the 80's made by frenchs. I have no doubt this anime will be very popular with people who liked ''Lain'' wich I like to call psycological anime :D And the story takes place in the old france so the environment makes it even more intresting to inovate diffrent drawing style that looks pretty nice to me Yet we dont now much about the plote or anything realy but damn its like I have forseen some good stuff in this.

NoSanninWa 2004-01-19 01:57

One of the many wonderful features of this forum is the http://forums.animesuki.com/images/b...top_search.gif button. If you had known about the ability to search this forum I am sure that you would have done so and discovered that there is another thread that you should have posted this to instead of creating a new thread. Now that you know, I'll help you out by closing this thread so that you can post where it belongs.

Incidently you didn't even post this to the right sub-forum. Anime that has been fansubbed is discussed in the Fansubs Forum.

Follow ups to: Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Thyrz 2004-04-14 16:55

Le Portrait de Petit Cosette

I just saw the Promo. Looked pretty interesting, psychological anime. It seems it's going to be a 3 episode OVA.
I'll be looking for this one.

box-chan 2004-04-14 17:01

Right up my alley, I'm snagging it right now <yoink!>
I looked at the usual places but couldn't find a good summary, care to help out anyone?

TronDD 2004-04-14 17:08

A promo was released last season and I've been waiting patiently for the show to come out. Looks amazing.