AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anime/manga about games, tournaments, survival, etc (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106776)

Lostdreams 2011-09-09 18:49

Anime/manga about games, tournaments, survival, etc

Anybody know any more animes/mangas about games? I've read liar game, the bunny murder manga, battle royale, one outs, kaiji, akagi, enigma, gantz, the higurashi umineko stuff, high school of the dead, gamble fish, the one where 13 where kids fight on a robot against people from other worlds, and I'm looking for more suggestions. Specifically, I like animes and mangas where people are teaming up to beat other teams, or just competing with others to survive, teaming up to survive against zombies, or just play games.

jedinat 2011-09-09 21:07

Mirai Nikki
1/2 Prince
Fate/Stay Night
Sekirei

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-09 21:21

Eden of the East, Yu-Gi-Oh! (read the manga, DO NOT watch the anime), Hunter x Hunter, Angel Beats!, & Hikaru no Go, comes right to mind if you mention about games & survival if you haven't watch/read them already.

About tournaments, there are Shaman King (the manga is a lot better), Flame of Recca , The Law of Ueki, and Yu Yu Hakusho in a number of episodes/chapters.

AnimeFangirl 2011-09-09 21:50

Gunm and Gunm: Last Order. Also known as Battle Angel Alita. Highly recommended.

totoum 2011-09-11 07:11

Mirai nikki has a manga and anime coming this fall

Eden of the east is an anime series and 2 movies

the same author that did the Doubt (the bunny murder manga) is writing judge

HunterXHunter is a manga as well as first anime made a few years ago and a remake coming this fall

King of Thorn is a survival manga that has a movie adaptation

Limit is a survival manga

Saki is a whole different take on Mahjong (the game you saw in akagi)

Ben-to starts airing this fall

Maybe a bit of a stretch but Bakuman has a bunch of people trying to be a top mangaka and there's people teaming up together as well as rankings

SeijiSensei 2011-09-11 07:17

Shion no Ou, a rather obvious pun on Hikaru no Go, is a under-appreciated story about a young girl who aspires to become a Shougi ("Japanese chess") player. Shion was orphaned at age four when her parents were brutally murdered. The story follows both Shion's rise through the Shougi ranks and the investigation into her parents' murder.

I'll also endorse Hikaru. I recently re-watched it and realized once again what a compelling show it is.

Lostdreams 2011-09-11 12:21

I've read/watched all of these except battle angel alita and some suggestions from totuom, I guess I'll try those out. Any more suggestions? I get through these really fast on days off.

SeijiSensei 2011-09-11 12:27

(Did you edit out some of the post above? I was replying to the part where you talked about a stronger focus on survival and mind games.)

The two-episode arc (#8-9) in Mononoke called "Nue" might fit the bill. The rest of the anime is excellent as well.

I'm impressed to learn you've watched Shion no Ou. Not many people have.