AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Tenshi Na Konamaiki (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1794)

Lord Raiden 2003-11-29 16:42

Tenshi Na Konamaiki

Anyone watching this series? I like it. :) It's funny and weird, but I like it. My only gripe is that Megu is a guy that got turned into a girl. You look at her and go "wow, she's cute!" then the other half of your brain goes "Like WTF dude?? She's a guy!!" hehe. It's weird having your brain wanting to go two different directions. But either way, I think the show is very funny and very enjoyable even if others don't. :)

What do you guys think of it?

Onsen 2003-11-29 19:21

There's not enough TenKona love around :(
I've been watching the show for months, and I totally love it. The characters, animation, story...all great. I get kind of annoyed at how many eps revolve around perverts trying to molest characters, though.

Eagerly awaiting the last 20 eps :D

And I don't care if Megumi WAS a guy. Total Megu-luv :love:

Chaotic5 2003-11-29 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Anyone watching this series? I like it. :) It's funny and weird, but I like it. My only gripe is that Megu is a guy that got turned into a girl. You look at her and go "wow, she's cute!" then the other half of your brain goes "Like WTF dude?? She's a guy!!" hehe. It's weird having your brain wanting to go two different directions. But either way, I think the show is very funny and very enjoyable even if others don't. :)

What do you guys think of it?

I watch it ^_^ its awesome.. I think the demon only made miki and megu think megu was a guy ^_^ think about it.. change billions of ppl so they think shes a girl or change 2 ppl and make them think that megu used to be a guy XD

Yamano667 2003-11-29 19:34

its not done yet ..we have to wait huhuhu

Lord Raiden 2003-11-29 21:26

Man, this series is definately a tenchi series. Light sexual humor and lots of laughs and plenty of weird people. :D

Only real difference is this is a bunch of guys ganging up on a single girl (rather than the other way around) and trying to get a date with her. :) But man, that one guy. You gotta give him points for persistence. Heck, a couple of times I thought she'd (he'd?) crack. Very cool anime. I'm definately phyqued for the last 20 episodes too. :D

ARNEL98 2003-11-29 22:06

I like this series. I hope they finish fansubbing it... 22 eps to go...

Lord Raiden 2003-11-30 00:33

Definately. The OP and ED are kick@$$ and I love to watch them every episode. :)

Keitaro 2003-11-30 01:17

love the series its funny as hell, patiently awaiting the next release.

Eikichi 2003-11-30 02:15

Wohoo TnK fans!
Would you guys agree that TnK is one of the most over looked and under-appreciated series? A lot of people don't give it a chance because of it's animation style.

Zoya 2003-11-30 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eikichi
Wohoo TnK fans!
Would you guys agree that TnK is one of the most over looked and under-appreciated series? A lot of people don't give it a chance because of it's animation style.

Yeah, I think it is a bit overlooked, but it usually has quite a few downloads, so it may be oft watched and little spoken of. Few series have made me laugh as much as this one, it's a great show.

Koshiba 2003-11-30 04:00

I'm a big TnK fan~ ^-^ I love this series.

marin 2003-11-30 04:52

The original intro song "Grand Blue" was the most kickin' intro song EVER.

I don't know why they had to change it for episode 27 on...

:sad:

JediNight 2003-11-30 07:42

I think thats going to be the sleeper surprise of the series as well -- that Megu was always a girl and the magic was just making Megu and Miki THINK she used to be a guy. Bc one of the recent episodes mentions how he doesn't have powers strong enough to "make him a girl forever" or whatever and that basically everything he's done so far has been illusionary in nature. So one could believe that everything was just a mind-trick on the two of them which would take alot less "magic power" than the other way.

Keitaro 2003-11-30 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediNight
I think thats going to be the sleeper surprise of the series as well -- that Megu was always a girl and the magic was just making Megu and Miki THINK she used to be a guy. Bc one of the recent episodes mentions how he doesn't have powers strong enough to "make him a girl forever" or whatever and that basically everything he's done so far has been illusionary in nature. So one could believe that everything was just a mind-trick on the two of them which would take alot less "magic power" than the other way.

Quite possible...I never thought of that. Actually I hope not, I really want to see Megu as a guy, it'll be interesting to see how everyone reacts around Megu. I wonder if those guys who always hang around her would still love Megu even though Megu has turned back into a guy.

Lord Raiden 2003-11-30 13:15

It's interesting that the translation for Tenshi Na Konamaiki is "Cheeky Angel". Which means Tenshi Muyo would translate to "Forget about Angel". Uh, hmm. Why does the name sound so cool in Japanese but so dumb in english? :confused:

Asura Zanmaden 2003-11-30 13:58

Tenshi Muyo? Don't you mean Tenchi Muyo?

Hmm...that reminds me....I better go finish off a few more TnK scripts before I forget about them >_>

Eikichi 2003-11-30 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoya
Yeah, I think it is a bit overlooked, but it usually has quite a few downloads, so it may be oft watched and little spoken of. Few series have made me laugh as much as this one, it's a great show.

I competely agree on both counts, the bit torrent links are swarmed by a good number of people upon release. I still think it would be wildly popular if TnK went with a more popular (or more common) style of character design, but then it wouldnt be true to the manga. Regardless, it's without a doubt currently one the more genuinely funny and well written series out there.

Eikichi 2003-11-30 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
It's interesting that the translation for Tenshi Na Konamaiki is "Cheeky Angel". Which means Tenshi Muyo would translate to "Forget about Angel". Uh, hmm. Why does the name sound so cool in Japanese but so dumb in english? :confused:

"Muyo" translate into "useless" doesn't it?
So shouldn't it be "Useless Tenchi"?

Lord Raiden 2003-12-01 00:02

I was to understand that Muyo meant "Forget". Hence the translation I heard of "Forget about Tenchi".

marin 2003-12-04 05:34

Oh and anytime Maiki starts "talking tough" she totally sounds like a tita it's really hilarious

:D

Why are the latter episodes of the fansubs from DVD but not the earlier ones too?