AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sports & Entertainment (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Spider-Man: Homecoming (MCU movie) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=145949)

MrTerrorist 2016-12-07 09:28

Spider-Man: Homecoming (MCU movie)

GET HYPE! :D

Diluc 2016-12-07 10:32

Pat Andrew Garfield back

LoweGear 2016-12-07 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxis (Post 5992858)
Pat Andrew Garfield back

Yeah, feeling sorry for Andrew Garfield, but Tom Holland is definitely the superior Spidey. :heh:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-12-07 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxis (Post 5992858)
Pat Andrew Garfield back

Well, you don't really need to cheer him up when it comes to his career though. He received tons of praises for his acting in, not one, but two movies this year alone (Hacksaw Ridge and Silence). Both roles are said to put him in the Oscar race for Best Actor category. That's quite a jump after starring as Spidey in mostly-unwanted Spiderman reboot movies ;).

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 5992869)
Yeah, feeling sorry for Andrew Garfield, but Tom Holland is definitely the superior Spidey. :heh:

I don't know. To me, Garfield is still the best Spidey. He just starred in a couple of not-so-good movies and script. Tom Holland's Spidey feels younger than Garfield's, but that's it (so far).

Diluc 2016-12-08 02:07

Well, he could be happy after that ton of praise for him beaten his predecessor Tobey but let's be honest here as the guy who openly admitted as Marvel fan especially Spiderman
Can him really stand it? not to mention the way of his farewell to his Spiderman role was not nice and Holland Spiderman has almost Marvel iconic superheroes plays with him Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor any fanboys would dying to jealous to Holland especially his predecessor.
I think Tobey had fill of it so he could be cool with it but i doubt with Andrew.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-12-08 03:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxis (Post 5993265)
Well, he could be happy after that ton of praise for him beaten his predecessor Tobey but let's be honest here as the guy who openly admitted as Marvel fan especially Spiderman
Can him really stand it? not to mention the way of his farewell to his Spiderman role was not nice and Holland Spiderman has almost Marvel iconic superheroes plays with him Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor any fanboys would dying to jealous to Holland especially his predecessor.
I think Tobey had fill of it so he could be cool with it but i doubt with Andrew.

Garfield recently addressed about the working situation during those TAS movies with Sony as "brutal" and characterization was sidelined by the Sony execs who are more concerned about creating shared universe. He was feeling a missed opportunity more for the character and the movies themselves. He was heartbroken by what Sony did, not because someone else is being "better" Spiderman right now. But he has bounced back and grew to be a better actor now with more serious roles and skyrocketed fame.

He was heartbroken but he's over it though. Like he said: "I’m just really excited to just be a fan again, as opposed to bearing the weight of it.". He's glad that Spiderman has become "good again" now (well, we still need to see how Homecoming fares. We all hope for it to be good)

B214 2016-12-09 01:05

The vulture's wing looks better than i expected.

MrTerrorist 2016-12-09 02:34

International Trailer.

Yup. Tony is in the movie.

quigonkenny 2016-12-09 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 5993858)
Yup. Tony is in the movie.

Are you sure? There's that one guy in the Iron Man mask early on in the trailer, but I'm pretty sure those weren't the actual Avengers...

Diluc 2016-12-09 03:17

Holland Spiderman costume really remind me back with PS1 Spiderman
what a memory.
This is Spiderman without any bullcrap modification, i wish they did this too to Captain America Costume
Isn't this costume good?
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...merica-jpg.jpg
a pair of small feathers in his ears and that blue leather-like armor.

LoweGear 2016-12-09 03:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by quigonkenny (Post 5993874)
Are you sure? There's that one guy in the Iron Man mask early on in the trailer, but I'm pretty sure those weren't the actual Avengers...

Well, there was the entire conversation with Tony and Peter in the limousine with Tony's confusing line and him being tsundere, then his entire voiceover over nearly a third of the scenes at the latter half, and finally Iron Man flying alongside Spiderman in the stinger? :heh:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-12-09 03:28

Oh my. The Shocker is in this movie too.

Diluc 2016-12-09 09:54

From the trailer it appear that Peter asian friend learned his spidernan identity.
I am curious who he is, could he be an original character?
He is definitely not Harry osborn nor Flash Thompson.

GDB 2016-12-09 09:56

I noticed a stark contrast (no pun intended) between the US and international versions. International version was like 90% action and 10% Stark snark. US version was like 30% Stark snark, 30% action, and 40% high school drama.

Also, guess they aren't doing Gwen or MJ in this movie, and instead going with Liz Allen? Not sure I like that, but I guess at least it allows for them to use Gwen/MJ without feeling the need to quickly kill one of them off. And who's the fat kid/best friend supposed to be? Wikipedia says he's playing Ned Leeds, but that's the freaking Hobgoblin; doesn't seem right.

FlareKnight 2016-12-09 11:43

Well the trailers were decent. Felt like very average trailers.

Did kind of prefer the international one more. We know there will be high school drama, but that doesn't really make for an entertaining trailer. Seems like the movie will be alright. The Vulture looks to be a good villain. Kind of nice having a threat in the MCU that feels legitimate for the hero. This guy is absolutely believable in being willing to murder Spider-Man and everyone around him if needed.

Plus can't say anything bad about Spider-Man and Iron Man 'flying' around the city together.

ImperialKnight 2016-12-09 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 5994068)
Also, guess they aren't doing Gwen or MJ in this movie, and instead going with Liz Allen? Not sure I like that, but I guess at least it allows for them to use Gwen/MJ without feeling the need to quickly kill one of them off. And who's the fat kid/best friend supposed to be? Wikipedia says he's playing Ned Leeds, but that's the freaking Hobgoblin; doesn't seem right.

Ugh why do they need to kill them off? Yes we all know Gwen dies but still....

Ah I thought at first it was Ganke from Miles' Spiderman and that's what they seem to be doing here.

So that down the road...if they ever do Miles they can still pull off with Ganke..

So in other words he talks, looks, and acts like Ganke but his name is Ned Leeds

Diluc 2016-12-10 03:22

Apparently a lot people complaints with the trailer because Homecoming use Miles Morale story which i just learned after read the article, While i could symphatize with Miles fan frustration i think they are taking too far to suggest better kill of Peter for Miles.

GDB 2016-12-10 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxis (Post 5994427)
Apparently a lot people complaints with the trailer because Homecoming use Miles Morale story which i just learned after read the article

The only similarity I see in that article is he has an asian best friend now. They try to say Liz Allen looks like Miles' love interest, but other than being a cute/beautiful high school girl, there's not really any resemblance.

Sixth 2016-12-10 12:13

Didn't like the web armpit costume.

But oh man, the Vulture was so badass. I was scared when they said they will be using Vulture for the homecoming, but now, all the scepticism gone completely for me. They are doing a good job for turning a joke looking villain into something monstrous and intimidating....

Now I am looking forward on this movie.

MrTerrorist 2017-03-28 09:08

2nd trailer!