AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hanasaku Iroha (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Hanasaku Iroha - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103658)

Daniel E. 2011-04-26 04:45

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Hanasaku Iroha anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Hanasaku Iroha which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Seihai 2011-05-15 03:58

This may sound like an epic fail but I just never bothered with it. What does Hanasaku Iroha actually mean? Google translation ftl.

Pellissier 2011-05-15 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanish (Post 3613052)
This may sound like an epic fail but I just never bothered with it. What does Hanasaku Iroha actually mean? Google translation ftl.

I think this was mentioned some time ago from an official source (the production of this show).
It can be meant as "Blooming Flowers" (main) or "Colour of Flowers" (alternative). Combining them it becomes something along the lines of "Colour of Blooming Flowers".

On the net, I've seen it referred as "Blooming Flowers ABC" or "How to Bloom a Flower" but I believe the above ones are more accurate.

Sugarless Ocean 2011-05-15 17:32

What are the ages of the characters? I know that Ohana is 16. Since Minko is in the same class, she's probably 16 or 17. What about Nako and everyone else?

james0246 2011-05-15 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarless Ocean (Post 3613759)
What are the ages of the characters? I know that Ohana is 16. Since Minko is in the same class, she's probably 16 or 17. What about Nako and everyone else?

Wikipedia has all the characters and their ages listed.

Sugarless Ocean 2011-05-15 19:05

^ Thanks so much! It even has the future episode titles! OAO

DragoZERO 2011-05-22 19:25

"Hobiron" is a made up word by Minko, right?

grylsyjaeger 2011-05-26 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3622569)
"Hobiron" is a made up word by Minko, right?

Yeah she takes the first kanji out of other insults to spell Hobiron which is a Balut to us, or a fertilized egg or as I always thought of it as, "gross".

DragoZERO 2011-05-26 14:59

I don't get it being called a balut then. How do you go from a made up word to a real one??

grylsyjaeger 2011-05-26 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3627207)
I don't get it being called a balut then. How do you go from a made up word to a real one??

This should help,

http://hanasakuiroha.wikia.com/wiki/Concepts

Scroll down a little bit and you'll see an entry for Hobiron.

risingstar3110 2011-06-13 07:31

Question:
If the tittle of this anime is really "the colour of blooming flowers", should it be...... "sakuhana no iro"?

hypergolic 2011-06-14 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 3650686)
Question:
If the tittle of this anime is really "the colour of blooming flowers", should it be...... "sakuhana no iro"?

Absolutely.
The title is a bit ungrammatical and, as you know, has double meaning.
  1. "the color of blooming flowers is..." (ellipsis)
  2. "the ABCs of blooming flowers"

The word "i-ro-ha" is a ordering of kana letters in old Japanese -- you can learn more in wikipedia.

For your information:
According to the official blog, there were many title candidates such as below.
  1. "Mayoiro Palette" -- I think "Mayoiro" is a shortened form of "mayoi no iro"(lit. "hesitating color")
  2. "Colorful Days"
  3. "Kikan ko" -- lit. "Stubborn girl"
  4. "Orumasshi!" -- lit. "Stay here!"(dialect in Kanazawa)

risingstar3110 2011-06-14 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypergolic (Post 3651911)
Absolutely.
The title is a bit ungrammatical and, as you know, has double meaning.
  1. "the color of blooming flowers is..." (ellipsis)
  2. "the ABCs of blooming flowers"

The word "i-ro-ha" is a ordering of kana letters in old Japanese -- you can learn more in wikipedia.

For your information:
According to the official blog, there were many title candidates such as below.
  1. "Mayoiro Palette" -- I think "Mayoiro" is a shortened form of "mayoi no iro"(lit. "hesitating color")
  2. "Colorful Days"
  3. "Kikan ko" -- lit. "Stubborn girl"
  4. "Orumasshi!" -- lit. "Stay here!"(dialect in Kanazawa)

So it's an use of words pun + double meaning... i see

Thank

Gespenst 2011-06-14 15:16

Re. Episode 10

Spoiler:

vansonbee 2011-10-10 16:01

Did this series sell well? Anyone know the #?

relentlessflame 2011-10-13 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by vansonbee (Post 3801622)
Did this series sell well? Anyone know the #?

It sold well. Current home media sales are hovering around the 9,000 mark per volume (BD+DVD), which is quite respectable for an original anime.

rakka81 2012-02-18 16:09

Does somebody know why Ohana and Koichi are often defined as childhood friends? How long do they know each other?

Lawfer 2012-04-11 19:43

So is this show licensed or not?