AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Kurokami (Black God) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=76569)

Deathkillz 2009-01-09 15:09

Kurokami (Black God)

I'm quite surprised that there is no manga thread for this title :heh:

(Bits taken from NeoSam's original post)

黒神
Black God (Kuro Kami)

The manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Young GanGan.
Currently there are 9 volumes released of this manga.

Covers:

Author: Dall-Young Lim
Artist: Sung-Woo Park

Genre: Seinen, Fantasy, Action, Drama

Well for me this is one of those better licensed series that actually got be collecting the manga :heh:

Actually since it is of korean original it should be Manwha which not surprisinly is rather different from manga since these korean stories tend to be more "heavy" than the usual manga titles. And I guess what attracts me to this title is the uniqueness of the story together with the designs of the characters. Got to hand it to Sung-Woo Park when it comes to some damn sexy fight scenes :heh:

Irenicus 2009-01-09 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 2151440)
Actually since it is of korean original it should be Manwha which not surprisinly is rather different from manga since these korean stories tend to be more "heavy" than the usual manga titles.

I would think it has more to do with Lim Dall-Young's authorial style than the general Korean manwha scene, personally. I've seen a lot of Korean "shoujo" which are extremely light (though also others that feel like Korean dramas).

TOP 2009-01-09 21:53

I love Kurokami... :p Glad to see a thread about it finally.

Spoiler for Steiner and Excel:

Deathkillz 2009-01-09 23:10

^ My gosh I hope so too :(

They are too awesome to be axed so easily ;____;
Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 2151686)
I would think it has more to do with Lim Dall-Young's authorial style than the general Korean manwha scene, personally. I've seen a lot of Korean "shoujo" which are extremely light (though also others that feel like Korean dramas).

Well I probably haven't read enough korean stuff to form a solid opinion though they are as they are based on current experiences :heh:
Though shoujo is quite a different genre to compare with korean "fighting" stuff :3

jzmagic 2009-01-10 00:28

Love this series, finally a thread for it :)

Irenicus 2009-01-10 08:16

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, I like Black God too. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 2152042)
Well I probably haven't read enough korean stuff to form a solid opinion though they are as they are based on current experiences :heh:
Though shoujo is quite a different genre to compare with korean "fighting" stuff :3

Hey, nothing wrong with that. :) Lim Dall-Young is the best in the market, or one of the best anyway; after all, he's the guy who wrote the breakthrough UxU and my personal favorite Aflame Inferno. I actually have a few other manwha favorites in different genres though (Dear Waltz, Ban Hon Sa, Absolute Witch...).

Still, I have also seen Korean "shounen" that's also very light, even downright silly or amateurish, while this stuff is always interesting.

Deathkillz 2009-01-16 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 2152560)
and my personal favorite Aflame Inferno.

And thankyou for remind me of that :p
As I actually took the time to read up on it. Another great title that is shaping up to be (but the author seems to have a nack with weak males getting stronger through lots of hardships :rolleyes:).

Sadly Kurokami is coming out rather slow...and the anime has diverged quite a bit.

raidou 2009-01-16 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 2164782)
And thankyou for remind me of that :p
As I actually took the time to read up on it. Another great title that is shaping up to be (but the author seems to have a nack with weak males getting stronger through lots of hardships :rolleyes:).

Sadly Kurokami is coming out rather slow...and the anime has diverged quite a bit.

Are you referring to Kurokami raw manga or scanlation? The raw is pretty fast, I got all till v09. For the scanlation :heh: ….well, it is understandable since the group doing the scanlation is pretty busy ( like 10 titles under them). Worth the wait though, their releases often if not always are in high quality.

Vol09 cover, maybe u can add it to the 1st post

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2...ami9vi1.th.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 2152560)
my personal favorite Aflame Inferno. I actually have a few other manwha favorites in different genres though (Dear Waltz, Ban Hon Sa, Absolute Witch...).

Still, I have also seen Korean "shounen" that's also very light, even downright silly or amateurish, while this stuff is always interesting.

Dont forget Shin Angyo Aoshi :) that manga rocks and Island (same author/artist) was pretty decent too....

NoLongerSane 2009-01-16 19:14

I have read this manga and it has a been my fist for reading of the Seinen genre. The fights from this are drawn very nicely and I am suprised on how many character deaths that there are.

Deathkillz 2009-01-16 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidou (Post 2164944)
Are you referring to Kurokami raw manga or scanlation? The raw is pretty fast, I got all till v09. For the scanlation :heh: ….well, it is understandable since the group doing the scanlation is pretty busy ( like 10 titles under them). Worth the wait though, their releases often if not always are in high quality.

Vol09 cover, maybe u can add it to the 1st post

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2...ami9vi1.th.jpg

Just did a quick check on the group and holy crap :heh:
Now that is hardcore :rolleyes:

Well indeed it is worth the wait...too bad I can't read runes or I would have jumped on the raws already ~

And added ;)

ZODDGUTS 2009-01-16 19:50

On a somewhat related note to this series, the artist of this manga has a new manga in Ultra Jump the first chapter has been translated though you gotta look for it. Can't give you a link because the site is where they put up raws for all manga series. PM me is your interested in knowing where to get it.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=37908

raidou 2009-01-17 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 2164978)
Well indeed it is worth the wait...too bad I can't read runes or I would have jumped on the raws already ~

Haha no worries, we are in the same boat... my runes reading only limited to the kana (hira/kata) and roughly lvl 2 kanjis.

So most of the time I go :twitch: :twitch: when they start talking about complicated stuff filled with wall of kanji :heh:

Quote:

And added ;)
Sweet!! thanks :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS (Post 2165007)
On a somewhat related note to this series, the artist of this manga has a new manga in Ultra Jump the first chapter has been translated though you gotta look for it. Can't give you a link because the site is where they put up raws for all manga series. PM me is your interested in knowing where to get it.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=37908

Interesting ^^ the story style might be a bit different though ...... Not the same author.

I still prefer LDY's style over PsW... LDY's plots tend/seem to be deeper and more complicated. No offense to PsW fan, just a personal preference.

ZODDGUTS 2009-01-17 03:54

Read the first chapter for the new series, too early to tell if I'll turn good or not.
Spoiler for First Chapter:

Used Can 2009-01-25 16:59

Can anyone give summaries for vols. 9 and 10? Thanks in advance.

raidou 2009-01-25 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Can (Post 2181107)
Can anyone give summaries for vols. 9 and 10? Thanks in advance.

I don't think Vol10 has been released yet...So far I can only find vol09 raw floating around.

Since my runes reading are limited, I can only understand the jokes and casual conversation (essentially missing out on the important parts of the story) :(
I can only tell you that

Spoiler:

Used Can 2009-01-25 23:13

Thanks for the summary, as for vol 10, I think I saw one or two pics from it somewhere. I may be wrong.

tzia_n 2009-02-01 07:38

Wow, this thread got created quite late... No wonder I couldn't find it before :heh:

Back on topic though, I sort of disliked how cheesy the story with Shinobu turned out to be :o

Used Can 2009-02-01 14:17

I don't think it was particularly cheesy. She learnt about her fate, and decided to go against it, even if she had to kill to survive.

Anyway, am I the only one thinking Akane's sole purpose in the story is find herself in a position similar to Keita's mother but to survive? As in, her doppeliner is trying to become a minus root, but unlike Shinobu, she'll most likely be stopped before she kills Akane.

raidou 2009-02-02 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Can (Post 2192782)
Anyway, am I the only one thinking Akane's sole purpose in the story is find herself in a position similar to Keita's mother but to survive? As in, her doppeliner is trying to become a minus root, but unlike Shinobu, she'll most likely be stopped before she kills Akane.

Their situation are somewhat similar but Akane is in a much deeper problem :P considering the status of her pursuer. It is still not clear what her objectives are, she doesn't seems to want Akane dead (more like capturing her)

Meh :uhoh: I still don't get it, why her doppleliner is sending canon fodders...pretty sure Reishin could have the job done long long ago:D. Then again :heh: we won't get any story if that was the case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzia_n (Post 2192289)
Back on topic though, I sort of disliked how cheesy the story with Shinobu turned out to be :o

Well from my perspective, it is not cheesy at all... her background story was perfectly normal (even sad), everyone would do anything if they are desperate enough :heh: and you have to consider that Shinobu had been partly brain washed by Hiyou (sort of)....

She seems to be pretty unstable person, might have been feeling guilty all this time.

tzia_n 2009-02-04 08:58

well I'm not talking about Shinobu's back story but about the present. Like how in the end, before she died, it's like eveything's well with Keita. I mean she freakin' killed his mom, who he's so "obsessed" with.