AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Dies Irae/Kajiri Kamui Kagura/Paradise Lost/Senshinkan series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113039)

Cosmic Eagle 2012-07-01 05:28

Dies Irae/Kajiri Kamui Kagura/Paradise Lost/Senshinkan series

Acta est Fabula PV

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product..._cs/index.html

With the recent release of Amantes Amentes, this thread seems more than appropriate.

Consumer version of Masada's works, hopefully means this series will get some wider attention it deserves.

Amantes Amentes is an expanded version of Acta est Fabula. Basically Acta est Fabula + additional new content

Spoiler for Essentially the plot in as condensed manner as possible:

EDIT: http://www10.atwiki.jp/god14/

Wiki for those with questions

AnimeFangirl 2012-07-02 11:23

What is it? A visual novel? RPG? Fighting game? Horror?

Cosmic Eagle 2012-07-02 11:24

Visual Novel

shmaster 2012-07-02 16:51

Got into the new route. I am tempted to say that route can be reffered to as the Machina route....

Cosmic Eagle 2012-07-02 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmaster (Post 4235228)
Got into the new route. I am tempted to say that route can be reffered to as the Machina route....

I did say that on your page...

2ch are decring the lack of Anna route but they are happy with Machina....

Oh well マッキ☆スマイル~相手が死ぬ! is more than good enough

Eri still gets no one in the end sigh...

shmaster 2012-07-02 18:32

The more I look at this, the more I feel Anna's rage is justified.
I mean, did Masada do this on purpose to add on to his tortures for Anna?

As for Eri, should we blame Ren for her mistretament, or the Observer? Or should we blame both?

Either way, Masada's malice towards his characters are overly apparent.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-07-02 22:31

At least it cant beat everyone being erased from existence in KKK....

Truly the 中二病 God is the last boss of his creation. Hajun? He's got nothing on him....

shmaster 2012-07-03 23:39

Finished the Omnia Vincit Amor extra story.

This is a bit too much. It is too much of a happy end to the point of being painful, knowing that KKK is after this.

Even if not, it still makes Rea route feels superfluous thanks to happy that end is. But denying Rea route also means denying the little happiness that Anna finally had....

Cosmic Eagle 2012-07-04 06:40

Rea route is still canon no?

Or is KKK now considered THE storyline?

In which case...screw it. We are all going to be wiped out anyway. Even the Tasogare can only bear so much...

shmaster 2012-07-04 16:25

Rea route is still cannon.
But if you ask me, it sucks either way. Just Rea route happens to suck less.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-07-04 22:02

Seeing that the writer is Masada....I think an end where the Tasogare takes the Throne is considered very good already

DarkAkira 2013-02-23 07:16

Dies Irae (PC)

MOD EDIT: This conversation was split from the General Eroge Impressions & Discussion thread.

Hello everyone! Maybe I'm posting in the wrong thread, so I'm really sorry.
Has anyone read Dies Irae? I'd like to ask, how difficult is japanese in it(grammar, vocabulary)?
I'm now studiyng JLPT 1 grammar, and read only "Midori no Umi", "Kimi e Okuru Sora no Hana" and a bit of "Aiyoku no Eustia".
Is it ok to read it or better stick with something easier?
Thank you very much for answer!

Soviet 2013-02-23 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAkira (Post 4565731)
Has anyone read Dies Irae? I'd like to ask, how difficult is japanese in it(grammar, vocabulary)?
I'm now studiyng JLPT 1 grammar, and read only "Midori no Umi", "Kimi e Okuru Sora no Hana" and a bit of "Aiyoku no Eustia".

It's pretty hard. Not Bengarachou Hakubutsushi -hard but still hard. JLPT doesn't mean a whole lot for games that break through the 3000 unique Kanji barrier and have insane writing styles or ye olde Japanese.

erneiz_hyde 2013-02-23 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soviet (Post 4565749)
It's pretty hard. Not Bengarachou Hakubutsushi -hard but still hard. JLPT doesn't mean a whole lot for games that break through the 3000 unique Kanji barrier and have insane writing styles or ye olde Japanese.

Say, how hard is it when compared to ItsuSora? So far, that game is the most difficult for me to read (it took me about three years to finish after all :heh:), it would be good to have a heads up before deciding to read it (if ever :p).

Kirayuki 2013-02-23 10:57

- Huge cast of characters with most of them have their own distinct speech patterns.
- Unusual Kanji here and there
- Pretty descriptive text in narration and especially in battle. (I believe this should be a good sample, and don't worry it is from prologue so nothing spoiler, note that the video uploader voiced the narration)

If you can get past through that, I think you will be doing fine in term of following the plot and interactions.

Cosmic Eagle 2013-02-23 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAkira (Post 4565731)

N1 should find Dies Irae ok

Quote:

Depends on the student really, but I find most N1 people I know can read Dies after I explained the terminology and concepts to them

Note that I myself don't hold any JLPT cert or formally study Japanese。

Biggest challenge IMO, is understanding the terminology of the Throne system

Quote:

Huge cast of characters with most of them have their own distinct speech patterns.

あなたに恋をしたよ、マルグリット

超うぜぇぇぇ。。。。。

Soviet 2013-02-23 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde (Post 4565826)
Say, how hard is it when compared to ItsuSora? So far, that game is the most difficult for me to read (it took me about three years to finish after all :heh:), it would be good to have a heads up before deciding to read it (if ever :p).

The problem with DI is that it's really overly grandiose and somewhat cryptic ALL THE TIME. And it's long, you could probably fit 3 Itsusoras in that game. Shumon has his quirks but I think that's easier to deal with than Masada running amok with chuu2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4565990)
Depends on the student really, but I find most N1 people I know can read Dies after I explained the terminology and concepts to them

Yeah sure, just saying that JLPT doesn't say a whole lot about the reading ability for somewhat advanced stuff.

Kirayuki 2013-02-23 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4565990)
あなたに恋をしたよ、マルグリット

超うぜぇぇぇ。。。。。

That is still pretty normal line coming from someone called Mercurius :heh:

At the same time, one of the characters I found pretty entertaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soviet (Post 4566123)
The problem with DI is that it's really overly grandiose and somewhat cryptic ALL THE TIME. And it's long, you could probably fit 3 Itsusoras in that game. Shumon has his quirks but I think that's easier to deal with than Masada running amok with chuu2.

I thought KKK surpassed DI in term of chuu2-ness ? Haven't touched my KKK yet though, so I'm guessing from what I have seen on some videos.

But I do agree the chuu2 in DI can go over the top sometimes. Doesn't prevent you from enjoying the plot and battle though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde (Post 4566184)
That long? :twitch: That about does it then. I probably won't read it anytime soon, with the slow pace I play VNs now :heh: Too many VN I started have been left unfinished already.

Yeah, it's around 4mb in term of script size :twitch:. Probably the longest VN I ever played. For comparison, Rewrite is around 3.56 Mb and MLA is around 2.6 Mb.

hyl 2013-02-23 17:14

It sounds that DI is even longer textwise than Grisaia no Kajitsu o_o

Cosmic Eagle 2013-02-23 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirayuki (Post 4566333)
That is still pretty normal line coming from someone called Mercurius :heh:

At the same time, one of the characters I found pretty entertaining.

He's called Cogliostro >_<

And that line practically defines that stalker Snake

Mercurius cannot compare to Kemono-dono anyway.

We know now why Zamiel loves the Golden Beast so much.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2009...up_id=27493591

See the last bit....with that kind of ......Ikemen-ness, who wouldn't love the Ougon...

Quote:

I thought KKK surpassed DI in term of chuu2-ness ? Haven't touched my KKK yet though, so I'm guessing from what I have seen on some videos.

But I do agree the chuu2 in DI can go over the top sometimes. Doesn't prevent you from enjoying the plot and battle though.
KKK is much shorter than Dies.

And yes....Ren is super super epic in KKK...hell I would turn gay for him....

たとえこの先、何があっても、どんな悲劇が待っていようと、忘れない。忘れない。
何も見えず聞こえなくっても、それだけは忘れない。
君を誰よりも愛している。

At the end of the Marie extra scene in Amantes Amentes

「俺の女神に捧ぐ愛だ」
「他は何も見えない。聞こえない。ただ忘れないだけだ。俺は彼女を愛している!」
「来るがいい、第六天――貴様の宇宙に俺が亀裂を刻んでやる!」

Against Habaki (and Hajun by extension) in KKK

Quote:

It sounds that DI is even longer textwise than Grisaia no Kajitsu o_o
I'm not exactly sure which is longer but the combined White Album 2 games just nearly rival it I think. Or so I felt when playing.

Hell Dies's many routes ..... Ok Cogliostro's many multiversal rewindings. Are just like Baldr Sky's many routes and endings

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde (Post 4566184)
That long? :twitch: That about does it then. I probably won't read it anytime soon, with the slow pace I play VNs now :heh: Too many VN I started have been left unfinished already.

You can try Amantes Amentes, the consumer PSP version. It has additional content, namely a Machina route....but you can play it on the go at least.

I still hope Masada would attempt a new game after the Senpai route in Dies....He dares not touch on what Naraka will do now that the damned Snake retconned me out of existence but it's really a pity to leave the story hanging like that.