AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Music (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [Le Ciel] Official L'Arc~en~ciel Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7386)

Chiaki Nozomi 2004-02-14 09:16

[Le Ciel] Official L'Arc~en~ciel Thread

Whee~! It's the official L'Arc~en~ciel thread! Post questions about the band, ramble about the band, post news about the band.... heck, just talk about the band!

I guess I'll ask a question to get the conversation started - What's your all time favorite Laruku song and album?

I don't have an all time favorite song, because if I listen to one song over and over, I get sick of it and can't listen to it for at least half a year.

My current album obsession is 'Dune'. Even though it has Hyde's 'slur' voice, and is an earlier work, its still awesome. My favorite songs on the album are 'As if in a dream', 'ushiniwareta nagame', 'floods of tears', 'dune', 'tsuioku no jookei'... and if I keep going I'll name all the tracks... -_-;;

Babak 2004-02-14 09:54

Favorite song?
Not sure, but I think it'd be Driver's High (GTO OP1).
But album? No idea..

And oh, if you feel like it. Check out their official site. It's nice.

kj1980 2004-02-14 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiaki Nozomi
I guess I'll ask a question to get the conversation started - What's your all time favorite Laruku song and album?

song: "flower"
album: "Tierra"

Sakura-chan 2004-02-14 22:12

Favorite song: 'Heaven's drive'
Favorite album: Don't have one... (>_>)
:D

Tzurial 2004-02-14 22:20

My favorite song is 'Shinjitsu to Gensou to'..its just..really sexy

and does anyone else think Hyde looks incredibly young for his voice? I just cant get them to match up

koki_2706 2004-02-14 22:23

Favourite album: Heart - it's so artistic IMO...
Favourite song: Loreley - I love Hyde's emotions here...

Kasshin 2004-02-15 00:44

Since you said post ANYTHING...

Don't know if I'm allowed to do this... but here's a link to the REAL MV of L'Arc~en~ciel's Ready Steady Go with karaoke subs done by Kuraki-Fans.

http://www.kasshin.net/kuraki/%5BKuraki-Fans%5DL%27Arc%7Een%7ECiel_-_Ready_Steady_Go_(karaoke).avi.torrent

As far as I know, subbed MVs are more legal than non-licensed fansubs... so eh. :heh:

SKoRPioN9x 2004-02-15 01:06

I haven't heard much of their music, but from what I've heard, I'd say Driver's High. I haven't seen GTO, but I want to. I'll have to buy the dvds sometime.

Chiaki Nozomi 2004-02-15 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzurial
and does anyone else think Hyde looks incredibly young for his voice? I just cant get them to match up

I agree, I think Hyde looks more like 20 than his 30s. Gackt is supposedly one year younger (going by fan's guestimates because he claims to be over 400) and looks older than Hyde. But that only increases his bishie factor. ;) Although, I do suppose he gets his hoarseness from smoking. In their earlier songs, his voice was rather clear...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasshin
Don't know if I'm allowed to do this... but here's a link to the REAL MV of L'Arc~en~ciel's Ready Steady Go with karaoke subs done by Kuraki-Fans.

I have about three different versions of that PV, Kuraki included. -_-;; I'm going to use the chibi Hyde and Yoshiki in my economics project. I liked the video, although I was pissed that I couldn't see the entire band together until the end.... XP Stay Away is my favorite PV. Gods, how I laughed when I first saw it...

OkitaSoshiX 2004-02-17 04:21

Wow my Favorite L'arc Song huh?

that would go to:Lies and Truth

That was a tough one to make. I also like Blurry Eyes, Flower, and Winterfall.

My Favorite PV without a doubt...is also Lies and Truth I loved the way Hyde dressed up in this one. Dressed like some holy Priest in his Tux and Trench. Nicely done.

Chiaki Nozomi 2004-02-20 09:33

Whee~! Anyone heard 'Hitomi no Juunin'? I just found a radio-rip of it. Man, it screams classic Laruku ballad. Hyde hits some really high notes, just like he used to! *was worried smoking damaged his voice*

On a first listen, I really like the song. Its meloncholy sounding, and the image I got of it is the kind of song you listen to on a cold winter's day remninescing about lost love while watching the snow fall . . .

Babak 2004-02-20 16:59

Yay! I hope it is as good as you say!

I can't wait for Smile! >_<

Quote:

Stay Away is my favorite PV. Gods, how I laughed when I first saw it...

What's so funny with the Stay Away PV? Is it the dance in the end of the video?

AnimeFangirl 2004-02-20 20:33

Haa, what a tough decision, I can't pick which song I like best. I like Farewell and Blurry Eyes and Ibara no Namida and Neo Universe and Love Flies and Winterfall and...and...oh, there's too many of them!! For PVs, my favourite one is the Neo Universe one, it's nice and weird. Hmm, but I like the Blurry Eyes one too, Hyde makes such a cute girl. Ah, and I also like any Laruku song where Hyde's voice goes high, like Dearest Love and Shinjitsu to Gensou to. No wait, I think he does that in just about every song. Maybe that's why I love them so much. ^__^ Worst album would probably be that Ectomorphed Works thing, best is definitely Real cos I like just about every song on that album.

Hellychan 2004-02-21 23:18

Favorite song? I can't just tell one song ;_; coz' I have many favorites :p Some of them are Anemone (everytime I hear that song, I feel like my heart is gonna torn apart ~(*-*)~ I don't know why, maybe because of Hyde's voice, I can't help quivering ^^; ), Ibara no Namida, Flower, Honey, Snow Drop...and more!

As for the album, I would say Ray :D

aceangel 2004-02-21 23:45

The first time I downloaded one of their vids, I thought it was going to be about Tsukihime. I was quickly saddened after I saw that it wasn't. =\

Chiaki Nozomi 2004-02-22 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babak
What's so funny with the Stay Away PV? Is it the dance in the end of the video?

Yeap! The entire dancing segments in the video. Ken and Tetsu's synched movements ala old school bands, Hyde's 'WTF are you doing' dance (almost like Gackt's Vanilla dance, only less refined :P), and the dance at the end. (The chorus line 'Causes stain... stay away' didn't help much either... I even made a 'commercial' for Tide using that lyric line as a joke once...) Caught me completely off guard. Of course, on repeated viewings, the effect lessened, but its still funny to show to friends and have them go WTF?! (Of course, I show them this video after they've seen other Laruku stuff.... otherwise they would never take them seriously!) La'Cryma Christi's Jounetsu no Kaze video wins in the cheese comedy factor though. Psycho le Cemu would be up there, but hey, all of their videos are a joke (literally). ^_~.

Everytime I watch the Niji video I get the craving for green apples.... O.o;;

Wow, allot of people here like 'Ibara no namida'! It is a good song, ne? ^_^.

Super Edit #1 !
http://bunko.theppn.org/download.php...in.mpg.torrent

(If this is wrong, then just delete it or something... :heh: )

Here's the torrent link to the Hitomi no Juunin PV! Man, this PV is a rip. >.<# I won't spoil the first viewing, because it is really interesting the first viewing, but when you see the end, you'll know why I say its a rip. XP

diabolistic 2004-02-24 22:37

listeing to Kazenikienai right now..
the majority of L'arc songs i dislike, but there are a few gems which are in all my playlists ^^

blurry eyes, flower, blame, fourth avenue cafe, honey, natsu no yuutsu and driver's high..

its good when in the middle of a song, hyde randomly goes "~whoa~".. and then you try to do it at karaoke and all your friends laugh at you :(

Solstice 2004-02-27 06:57

Waaah!!! I love L'arc!!!!!!!! :love:

I'm so looking forward to their new album. ^___^ I collect anything I can get my hands on that says L'arc~en~Ciel. I've got allllll pv's, lives, shows... when I get up at 6 in the morning just before I go to work, I always watch something of theirs so at least I won't be completely grumpy! Anyone have this too?

Chiaki Nozomi 2004-02-28 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solstice
I've got allllll pv's, lives, shows... when I get up at 6 in the morning just before I go to work, I always watch something of theirs so at least I won't be completely grumpy! Anyone have this too?

Are you talking about hearing them in the morning or having everything of theirs? I usually listen to one song of theirs in the morning as well, but its during my workout. ^^. Since I workout a half hour morning and evening, I hear them before I go to school and before I go to sleep. :D

Solstice 2004-02-29 14:28

Quote:

Are you talking about hearing them in the morning or having everything of theirs? I usually listen to one song of theirs in the morning as well, but its during my workout. ^^. Since I workout a half hour morning and evening, I hear them before I go to school and before I go to sleep. :D

Yeap, I'm seriously grumpy if I don't do some larc in the morning:D ^^ *Addicted*