AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Needless (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82295)

Midonin 2009-06-02 22:54

Needless

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam (Post 2204220)
The seinen manga NEEDLESS by Imai Kami will be getting a TV anime adaptation.

==========

NEEDLESS

The manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Ultra Jump.
Currently there are 8 volumes released of this manga.

Covers:

From MangaUpdates:

Year 2130 --
after the third world war, large contaminated areas known as "Blackspots" formed all over Japan. Large Walls were used to quarantine off these "Blackspots". In time, signs of inhabitance appeared within these wastelands. Among the survivors who had been abandoned inside the Blackspots, labeled as "those who were unneeded", came forth possessors of uncanny abilities -- Fire, wind, brute strength...they were defined by their supernatural abilities. Others, fearful of their powers, expelled them and named them - - - Needless!

Mangaka: Imai Kami

Genre: Seinen, Action, Sci-fi

==========

Source: MoonPhase Diary

Official website

http://needless.jp/
==========

I'm looking forward to this one. The men look exaggeratedly manly, the women look cute and there's a nice voice cast signed on.

The OP will be "modern strange cowboy" by GRANRODEO.

Guardian Enzo 2009-06-03 00:23

It does look like a somewhat different show in a depressing summer season of extreme sameness.

Tyabann 2009-06-03 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 2432321)
It does look like a somewhat different show in a depressing summer season of extreme sameness.

Hey, there's still Canaan.

Anyway, this sounds... kinda like generic shonen, but I like generic shonen. Probably try it out.

ZODDGUTS 2009-06-03 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 2432321)

Actually if they stay close to the manga you be in for quite a surprise. There's a crapload of deaths and gore in the manga. The covers is a bit misleading. :heh:

Patriot's Blade 2009-06-03 07:12

but to me, why does the art-style reminds me of Shaman King for some reason? :heh:

Guardian Enzo 2009-06-03 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS (Post 2432442)
Actually if they stay close to the manga you be in for quite a surprise. There's a crapload of deaths and gore in the manga. The covers is a bit misleading. :heh:

Not at all - from the art I rather expect death & gore (and I know the premise a little bit). Given that it's not a moe schoolgirl series, that to me makes it different from the sameness of most of the rest of the scheduled series.

Midonin 2009-06-03 08:59

A bit too much overgeneralizing on both sides of the fence in this thread, methinks.

kenjiharima 2009-06-03 12:42

Whoa! This looks cool might add it to my next watch list. Is the manga being scanlated?

Gar men and moe, loli girls...check. Good for me.

Zu Ra 2009-06-04 02:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUNDAM H.E.X. (Post 2432674)
but to me, why does the art-style reminds me of Shaman King for some reason? :heh:

Not only Shaman King some covers even reminded me of Kamina from GL ( VL 1 3 6 7 ) . For a moment there I felt it was a GL spin off . Looks interesting might give it a try once animated

sapphire-pyro 2009-06-14 09:07

Whoa! It's looking good! I'm attracted to the guys on the 2nd and 8th cover, hehe.

Looking forward to this series xD

Midonin 2009-06-16 17:11

The ED has been confirmed to be titled "Aggressive zone", by a group called the "Needless★Girls+". I'd wager it's probably the main ladies in the cast as a group, but there's nothing to confirm this yet.

Guardian Enzo 2009-06-16 19:04

Interesting mix of characters - some tough but moe-looking girls, the little green-haired shota on the #8 cover, a couple guys who look exactly like Kamina from TTGL. At least it doesn't look exactly like everything else.

SquirrelLuvsPnut 2009-06-29 12:22

The site has updated with characters.

Katapan 2009-07-02 14:08

Well, well. Seeing Madhouse and Imagin on the same screen usually means bad things to come.

Spoiler for ep1:

-Breakthrough- 2009-07-02 16:38

Quote:

nly to become a complete Gurren-Lagann rip-off. Do they think this'll make the show popular?
the manga had a lot of violent/wild/hotblooded/darkcomedy themes in it

I'm guessing this is why the studio went on this path. Have you even read the original manga?

serenade_beta 2009-07-02 16:46

Ah~ Oz-kun, before I knew it, you've become a magician...

Spoiler for ep1:

Katapan 2009-07-02 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 (Post 2487744)
the manga had a lot of violent/wild/hotblooded/darkcomedy themes in it

I'm guessing this is why the studio went on this path. Have you even read the original manga?

I haven't, though I was indeed under the impression that the two series had things in common. I'm simply refering to the animation, though - if you've seen TTGL, and then the fights in the first episode, I think you can only feel that this was a blatant rip-off. The fact that the genre is the same doesn't justify using the same animation techniques. Had the rest of the episode actually been good, I wouldn't have minded it, but if this aspect becomes the highlight for me and yet actually originates from Gainax animators... then something's wrong.

Now someone tell me if I'm seeing things and if the fights actually look different. :eyespin:

-Breakthrough- 2009-07-02 17:05

yeah.....looking to the actual animation, it does look like TTGL save the mecha fights (my memory's kind of blurry, been a year since I finished TTGL)

Spoiler for ending song:

SquirrelLuvsPnut 2009-07-02 17:58

a trailer for this hasn't been released yet, right? If not, then it's kinda too early to say it's a rip off of anything.
At any rate, I love evil shotas and I believe that the character "Uten" is one.

ThoHell 2009-07-02 18:03

It seems like this is a try hard to be funny series.... usually those are next to not funny. Animation is good and action scenes are good. I'll give this a try.