AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   AnoHana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai (generic thread) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100143)

wandering-dreamer 2010-12-30 18:08

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai (generic thread)

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/anohana3.jpg

So, this appears to be one of the noitaminA shows for the Spring 2011 block and another original series as well. Called Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai. (We still do not know the name of the flower we saw that day.) there's not much info on it so far, just a few staff members.
Spoiler for Basic Summary::

Staff:
Director: Tatsuyuki Nagai
Script: Mari Okada
Character Design: Masayoshi Tanaka

Website: http://www.anohana.jp/ only has a short trailer with the staff names in it for the moment, I think more information should be announced at the January 7th event for the noitaminA timeslot.

Tempester 2010-12-31 04:02

I absolutely loved Toradora, so having the same team + Noitamina timeslot makes this a much-watch for me.

MisaoFan 2010-12-31 04:08

Well the story takes place during summer season. It will be a romance/drama title.

totoum 2010-12-31 05:57

Exciting news!

Aniplex + A1 studios + original anime makes it sound like an Anime no Chikara project more than a Noitamina one.

Is Anime no Chikara dead?

wandering-dreamer 2010-12-31 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3416125)
Exciting news!

Aniplex + A1 studios + original anime makes it sound like an Anime no Chikara project more than a Noitamina one.

Is Anime no Chikara dead?

I think Anime no Chikara was planned for only three shows but maybe A1 just really liked making original shows. Actually, I think the other noitaminA spring 2011 show (C) is also an original story (and I know Fractal this season is) so maybe noitaminA is trying to branch out as well.

TJR 2010-12-31 14:11

IIRC, the official line was that they would evaluate Anime no Chikara after the initial run and decide whether it should continue. Nevertheless, the project seems to have been a failure.

If TV Tokyo opted out, it's possible that broadcasters like Fuji (who has been eager to broaden the appeal of noitaminA) jumped in to snap up new shows that were originally planned as AnC candidates.

Quote:

maybe A1 just really liked making original shows.
They're just an anime production workshop for Aniplex (no autonomy). It's the parent company that's eager to push original shows so as to decrease the industry's dependence on the publishing business.

Anyway, four of these originals will air during the first half of 2011 (Fractale, Magical Madoka, Anohana, Dog Days).

MisaoFan 2010-12-31 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJR (Post 3416529)
Anyway, four of these originals will air during the first half of 2011 (Fractale, Magical Madoka, Anohana, Dog Days).

And also C, another noitaminA original project for April.

Tempester 2010-12-31 17:28

I just realized that it's only very recently that Noitamina has been releasing more than 1 show concurrently. Is this a result of increasing popularity or merely a desperate attempt to promote original anime after Anime no Chikara? I hope it's the former.

TJR 2010-12-31 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempester (Post 3416707)
I just realized that it's only very recently that Noitamina has been releasing more than 1 show concurrently. Is this a result of increasing popularity or merely a desperate attempt to promote original anime after Anime no Chikara? I hope it's the former.

Fuji has been concerned about the profitability of noitaminA, so they're aggressively going after the BD/DVD consumer. Doing more shows means more opportunities for success (i.e. the industry business model is based upon one big hit making up for several failures).

Hooking up with Aniplex (with its otaku oriented initiatives) simply offers a better chance of extending noitaminA to another demographic.......one that tends to invest in home video releases.....

noitaminA enjoys above average TV ratings, but that simply isn't enough to generate profit.

Tempester 2010-12-31 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJR (Post 3416715)
Fuji has been concerned about the profitability of noitaminA, so they're aggressively going after the BD/DVD consumer. Doing more shows means more opportunities for success (i.e. the industry business model is based upon one big hit making up for several failures).

Hooking up with Aniplex (with its otaku oriented initiatives) simply offers a better chance of extending noitaminA to another demographic.......one that tends to invest in home video releases.....

noitaminA enjoys above average TV ratings, but that simply isn't enough to generate profit.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. There is nothing wrong with moe and other otaku-centered characteristics as long as proper storytelling is preserved. I hope this works out well for Noitamina.

Edit: Large version of opening post's picture:

Tyabann 2011-01-01 18:14

Huh, this seems sort of interesting.

FireChick 2011-01-01 18:36

Is it just me, or does that flower in her hair look surprisingly well painted and realistic?:twitch::heh:

wandering-dreamer 2011-01-01 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireChick (Post 3418266)
Is it just me, or does that flower in her hair look surprisingly well painted and realistic?:twitch::heh:

I was wondering if someone dragged and dropped it in photoshop actually. :p

Registered Member 2011-01-07 10:33

New PV:

http://www.anohana.jp/special/pv01.html

wandering-dreamer 2011-01-07 12:45

Hmm, looks rather moe for a noitaminA show doesn't it? :heh: And can someone translate the summary on the site so I can edit it into the first post?

FireChick 2011-01-07 17:47

Awwwww!! I just saw the PV and it looks like it'll be a really nice and cute little show! I wonder if the girl narrating the PV is an actual child actress? If it is, her voice is adorable! Plus, they actually show little kids (probably aged somewhere between 7 or 11) in this show instead of moe-looking teenagers!:D And the music sounds very nice (is the person singing English?). That's it. I'm adding this to my spring 2011 anime next to Hana Saku Iroha!:D:D

Tyabann 2011-01-07 17:48

Now it looks like Honey and Clover with younger characters. :heh:

TJR 2011-01-07 17:52

The song doesn't do much for me, but the visuals look great!

Tempester 2011-01-08 04:58

What seiyuu did that adorable voice in the preview? It's amazingly cute. Character designs look good. I'll definitely follow this show.

PV for people with horrible internet connections:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgPV5h2cNXo

totoum 2011-01-09 22:04

So wait,a character that looks 10 years old is actually 10 years old and not a high schooler.Sweet :)