AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Rebuild of Evangelion: Final Movie [Shin Evangelion Gekijouban:| |] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116394)

monir 2012-11-24 01:14

Rebuild of Evangelion: Final Movie [Shin Evangelion Gekijouban:| |]

http://www.evangelion.co.jp/images/img_final_02.jpg

Expected Release Date: ???

Purpose of this thread is to discuss your expectation and anticipation of this movie. Barring you have a time machine, none of us will have seen the movie until the due date, so any posted spoiler from earlier adaptation of Evangelion must be tagged and clearly marked before posting them here. I also urge everyone to read this rule which is strictly enforced in AnimeSuki.

Be polite to each other and have fun discussing the movie!

P.S. To discuss the Evangelion Rebuild 3.0, use this thread.

NoemiChan 2012-11-24 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 4449137)
http://i45.tinypic.com/2e37ux0.jpg

Expected Release Date: 2013

Purpose of this thread is to discuss your expectation and anticipation of this movie. Barring you have a time machine, none of us will have seen the movie until the due date, so any posted spoiler from earlier adaptation of Evangelion must be tagged and clearly marked before posting them here. I also urge everyone to read this rule which is strictly enforced in AnimeSuki.

Be polite to each other and have fun discussing the movie!

P.S. To discuss the Evangelion Rebuild 3.0, use this thread.

One word: Seriously?

Damned! That would be good! *No sarcasm.

bhl88 2012-11-24 01:26

I doubt that it'll come at 2013.

Rosalena 2012-11-24 01:28

. . . And ANN is reporting that the 2013 release date has already been removed from the official Eva website. Too good to be true, ladies and gentlemen. 2015, anyone?

NoemiChan 2012-11-24 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosalena (Post 4449155)
. . . And ANN is reporting that the 2013 release date has already been removed from the official Eva website. Too good to be true, ladies and gentlemen. 2015, anyone?

Again... Seriously. So we'll discussed the anime that will be shown 2 years from now....:heh:

Rosalena 2012-11-24 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4449159)
Again... Seriously. So we'll discussed the anime that will be shown 2 years from now....:heh:

Of course. Didn't you hear the voice-over for the latest teaser? I mean, there's so much that can be said about that! The tone, the word choice . . . oh, and I especially loved the white-on-black scheme. So very avant-garde. I simply can't imagine what Anno is trying to imply using that. It must be something profoundly psychological/religious/quantum mechanical/etc . . . :heh: /sarcasm

In all serious though, I adore Eva.

NoemiChan 2012-11-24 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosalena (Post 4449179)
Of course. Didn't you hear the voice-over for the latest teaser? I mean, there's so much that can be said about that! The tone, the word choice . . . oh, and I especially loved the white-on-black scheme. So very avant-garde. I simply can't imagine what Anno is trying to imply using that. It must be something profoundly psychological/religious/quantum mechanical/etc . . . :heh: /sarcasm

In all serious though, I adore Eva.

I adore Rei.

RRW 2012-11-24 07:14

By the way isnt that we already knew the title? what with "?"

NoemiChan 2012-11-24 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 4449419)
By the way isnt that we already knew the title? what with "?"

They're not sure if it'll be the Final....:heh::uhoh::twitch::eyespin::eyebrow:

bhl88 2012-11-24 14:33

"It's not anime, it's Evangelion!"

Mad Pierrot 2012-11-24 14:57

Wonder who will be enemy. Gendo? The Angels? Kaworu's soul who is tired of dying in every Evangelion work in the most disgusting ways? Stock footage?

Klashikari 2012-11-24 18:06

A bit surprised it wasn't mentioned but the current title of the final movie is quite... "weird". Not because of the "||" as the subtitle but something else:

1) Movies 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 had different katakana for "Evangelion" compared to the TV series. Movies: "ヱヴァンゲリヲン" (wevangeriwon) / TV :"エヴァンゲリオン" (Evangerion)
It was particularly unusual since ヱ and ヲ are quite unusual katakana: you hardly see any of them, and they are extremely odd choice here to boot.
The catch is that the final movie reverts back to the original Katakana.

2) Movies 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 had "新劇場版" (Shingekijouban : New Theatrical version). For some reason, 4.0 is different: 新 for new has been swapped and put at the start of the title (so instead of having something like "Evangelion, New Theatrical version", it goes to NEW - Evangelion, Theatrical version).
There is another catch here: 新 has been turned into katakana シン which is only the phonetic. But there are tons of words in japanese that can be read like that (one that is interesting would be 真, which means "true"). This is also interesting because End of Evangelion original title is actually "新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 Air/まごころを、君に" Shin Seiki Evangerion Gekijouban: Air/Magokoro o, Kimi ni).

Basically, putting that シン looks like an attempt of having a new or true version of End of Evangelion, as the main chunk of the title is exactly the same as EoE one.
-新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 Air/まごころを、君に
-シンエヴァンゲリオン劇場版||

Red parts of course indicate how different they are, so instead of having Evangelion written differently, they put シン (Rebuild then?) instead of 新世紀 (Shinseiki: New Era => Neon Genesis), whereas the blue parts are the subtitles.

This of course may be another ploy to give more food for thought than what it actually is, but I really doubt the change of the title would be just for the kicks, especially the katakana used for evangelion.

RRW 2012-11-24 18:20

so you saying Rebuild taking place before Original?

Klashikari 2012-11-24 18:27

I'm not going to look too deeply in that title, but I'm not surprised why they used katakana for "新" here because it can mean a lot of things. It can mean either a new/updated End of Evangelion, or literally the only "true" conclusion. Suffice to say, I don't think it has any timeline implication, as of now.

Mad Pierrot 2012-11-24 19:11

The previous movies had a subtitle "You can (not) 'action'" which apparently referred to Shinji's interactions with other characters. "You are (not) alone" probably referenced Shinji's relation with Misato, Rei and others.

"You can (not) advance" probably referred to Shinji's desire to save Rei and Misato supporting him.

"You Can (Not) Redo" obviously referred to the Third Impact and whoever supports Shinji.

The last Evangelion film will not have a subtitle and the part of the title "Shin" in this movie, could it actually refer to Shinji. I think it could refer to the fact that Shinji will move alone in 4.0 and will apparently be mentally stronger considering there is nobody telling him "You can (not) be strong)". At least that's what I think and I hope Shinji will be stronger than in the TV series and Sadamoto's manga considering his current situation.

NoemiChan 2012-11-24 19:19

The franchise has weird ways in naming "titles" for an anime.....

Mad Pierrot 2012-11-24 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4449977)
The franchise has weird ways in naming "titles" for an anime.....

You obviously never heard of Kingdom Hearts :D

NoemiChan 2012-11-24 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaterasu4 (Post 4450002)
You obviously never heard of Kingdom Hearts :D

I watched the AMV. I know it by name.;)

wavehawk 2012-11-25 02:27

I'll throw my hat in and suggest the whole movie revamp is the final Groundhog Day repetition Shinji's gone through for the Eva series, in which he finally gets sick of his own whiny reputation and mans up.

I'm serious.

Mad Pierrot 2012-11-25 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 4450459)
I'll throw my hat in and suggest the whole movie revamp is the final Groundhog Day repetition Shinji's gone through for the Eva series, in which he finally gets sick of his own whiny reputation and mans up.

I'm serious.

Hey, this is basically what I said but harsh! :D

Besides in the manga he tries to make up by trying to punch his father and regaining his composture after Misator's death but... it doesn't last long.

Magin 2012-11-25 23:20

There appear to be three options for this movie:

1) They pull a complete troll on us and this movie winds up in the way Ep. 26 of the TV series did (although, to be fair, I am probably one of the few people who enjoyed that ending even if it was a complete asspull)

2) They follow the infamous formula of EOE
Spoiler for For Evangelion 2.22, just in case anyone hasn't seen it:

3) They surprise us with a completely new ending

Personally, I'm thinking it's going to be along the lines of 2

Mad Pierrot 2012-11-27 13:34

I've been thinking and wasn't the Shinji from 2.22's climax the strongest Shinji ever?
Spoiler for climax of 2.22:
If Gainax manages to make Shinji go back to such mental state or even something better I'm pretty sure most of us will be happy with the last movie.

Used Can 2012-11-27 19:52

New Evangelion 4.0: YOU CAN (NOT) UNDERSTAND, AGAIN

Gettersaga 2012-11-28 06:55

You look so sure that シン is 新, don't you? What if it was the 真 of "true", instead? It could well be.
Have you ever heard this anime series, for example
真ゲッターロボ「世界最後の日」
(Change!! True Getter Robo - The Final Days of the World)
and this one
新・ゲッターロボ
(Shin Getter Robo) with "Shin" meaning New.

Gettersaga 2012-12-03 18:16

Another example is the following of 北斗無双, the videogame of 北斗の拳, that will have the title of 真北斗無双

RRW 2014-09-05 11:06

New title

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bwxjw8oCMAA4BsL.jpg:large

Sasuga Anno-sama~

Lenneth4 2014-09-05 11:34

Dat anno
Incredible shit already

Quote:

1: Additional Episode theory - Maybe there's a supplemental episode (the "plus 1.0") . For example, what happens during the past 14 years. The "etc" could imply an additional episode. For example: 3.0 + 1.0, 3.0 + 2.0, 3.0 + 3.0.
Issues: This supplement could be before the eventual conclusion of FINAL.

2: 3.0 loops back to the start of 1.0 theory - Maybe the 3.0 and 1.0 is hinting that Q loops back into Jo (序, Prelude) as repetition? Kaworu's lines (the unexplained/mysterious ones from 1.0 and 2.0: "The third one again", "you never change, do you?", "this time, I'll bring you happiness"), could imply a loop. What Break means with no 2.0 could be that Prelude Break Q Prelude Break Q repeats within itself (from Q to Prelude) so a connecting episode could be depicted.

3: EVANGELION 3.0 + 1.0 = 4.0 (Addition) theory The most straightforward explanation is addition. In simple terms, 3 + 1 = 4. With nothing changing, the 4th installment is revealed to be FINAL.
Issues: Why would addition be necessary?

4. 1.0 means "New Eva: 1.0" theory The theory is 3.0 means Q, but couldn't 1.0 mean "New Eva" instead of Prelude? In other words, Q is the first part of a "New" series. Opponents are: the way the "Evangelion New Theatrical Edition" series logos are written, the difference in the 0 in "3.0" (compared to 1.0 and 2.0), but the 0 in "3.0 + 1.0" being the same. Proponents are: in the original plans, 3.0 and the finale were to be screened together. The "plus" in Eva 3.0 + 1.0 means the reappearance of Q + the finale. In other words, 『EVANGELION:3.0』+『SIN EVANGELION:1.0』(Evangelion New Theatrical Version: Q + New Evangelion Theatrical Version). The etc could mean New Eva 2.0 and 3.0 are also likely.
Issues: *Q once more screening in theaters. *Would Q stay the same, or would it be a remake. *Or: after the TV version of Q, will "New" 1.0 be broadcast.

無在原点 (Nonexistent origin) This is what's written below the『EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 etc.』logo. When thinking about the Kanji
*Nothing exists at the starting point *The original doesn't exist *The beginning doesn't exist
doesn't it give this impression? In the past there were things just written [on the Anno lanterns], and not necessarily related to Eva.

EroKing 2014-10-30 10:33

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Sayaka Rei 2014-10-31 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEroKing (Post 5318803)

Very very beautiful, congratulations to the author ! I love her eyes !:love:

Yot-chan 2014-11-11 22:41

This is (not) Evangelion news:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-album/.80891

ukulelembo 2014-11-19 13:31

Spoiler for huge spoiler for 4.0:

Renegade334 2014-11-19 13:58

It's more like a nod to the new tetralogy; the manga has concluded its run without using that character even in the final arc chapters, so one shouldn't try to dig too deep into it and shout "conspiracy!".

If anything, Sadamoto is teasing us "yeah, btw, this is what we're up to ever since most of the Eva staff left GAINAX to join Studio Khara. Thought you'd like the reference before the curtain call."

ukulelembo 2014-11-19 14:58

Spoiler:

RRW 2016-07-20 00:26

http://kotaku.com/an-apology-to-evan...ium=Socialflow

There Anno say sorry

RRW 2017-07-28 12:02

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DF1VS5vUIAASHXH.jpg:large

http://www.evangelion.co.jp/

Dextro 2017-07-28 14:36

Halle-freaking-lujah! It's about time they resumed this. The last movie may not have been what I was expecting (to put it mildly) but I still want to know where they heck they are going with this.

BetoJR 2017-07-30 10:23

So, will this come out before I have grandkids (my daughter is about to turn 12)?

blakstealth 2017-07-30 14:02

woop woop. I haven't watched his Godzilla movie, but I hear the cinematography feels very Evangelion-like.

Renegade334 2017-07-30 15:10

^--- Not just that. Anno went as far as directly (re)using the Evangelion "Decisive Battle" track for certain sequences in Shin Godzilla. And of course, the movie's music composer is no other than Shiro Sagisu, so, yeah, it's more than a little Evangelion-ish.

blakstealth 2017-07-30 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade334 (Post 6116722)
^--- Not just that. Anno went as far as directly (re)using the Evangelion "Decisive Battle" track for certain sequences in Shin Godzilla. And of course, the movie's music composer is no other than Shiro Sagisu, so, yeah, it's more than a little Evangelion-ish.

hahahahahahha