AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   what apple invention is better?? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114618)

winterbaby 2012-09-08 10:30

what apple invention is better??

I-phone
I-phone 2
I-phone 3
I-phone 4
I-phone 4s
I-pod
I-pod nano
I-pod shuffle
I-pod touch
I-pad
I-pad 2
I-pad 2, but more advanced but like I-pad 2 and a half
apple laptop

Infinite Zenith 2012-09-08 11:11

Seriously? You should've made it a multiple choice :p

Time to justify my choice: I love the iPad the most of all of the Apple products. Lightweight and portable, I use it for almost all of my browsing needs. Thus, I surf the Internet on it, read papers and check my email on it, and leave the heavy lifting (writing papers, programming, gaming and graphic design) for a trusty desktop machine.

Urzu 7 2012-09-08 11:50

iPads are nice, but I chose iPods/iPod Touches. iPods get the edge, because iPads are just 'computer lites' that are portable. That is great, but they aren't full fledged PCs and that just makes them get bested by the pure awesome of a device that gives you your entire music library in the palm of your hands. If I was transported back to 1995 and only had portable CD players, I'd hate being without iPods.

JRendell 2012-09-08 11:56

iPods. Especially the first gen. ones. They were nearly as indestructible as Nokia 3310s. Only downside to them is iTunes (a.k.a the bane of my life). That program should be condemned to Room 101.

But yeah, I never leave anywhere without my iPod. Being able to carry the majority of my music collection in my pocket is amazing.

Urzu 7 2012-09-08 11:58

Who knows what's up? That's right, this guy. *points up* :cool:

sudolicious 2012-09-08 12:01

Depends on how we look at it. If by invention you mean something actually innovative, then the answer pretty much only can be the iPhone, or maybe the iPod/iTunes. They actually revolutionized the industry with these products and were absolutely unchallenged within these branches.
You could maybe say the same about the iPad, but I think it has been lacking in too many aspects. It definitely didn't have nearly the impact the iPhone/iPod had and apple has already been outdone on it a while ago.

Urzu 7 2012-09-08 12:09

I think including iTunes is good. If you look at iPod and iTunes as a one-two combo, together they have been the most revolutionary. I already discussed a bit about the iPod, but iTunes revolutionized the music industry as well. First of all, it isn't just the first successful store for digital distribution, it is the first successful store of digital distribution of any media. It gives as albums as a lower price than physical releases, and no longer do people have to buy an entire album for one or two or three songs only. Most times, individual tracks are available to purchase individually. Also, this digital store is available in many countries and in many languages. This convenience of digital music distribution is available to many people around the world.

JRendell 2012-09-08 12:17

@sudo - I think she was just after which one was your favourite. But I wouldn't say that the iPhone was unchalleneged when it 'debuted'. There was a variety of other handsets on the market which did near enough the same thing.

Nowadays, most people tend to buy into the Apple brand or 'i' brand. If it's got half an apple on it or an i in it's name, then it's gotta be great right? No. The iPhone was unstable and had major signal issues, not to mention that the shit hit the fan when they updated the OS..

Merilyn Mensola 2012-09-08 12:21

I like apple..i have macbook pro, iPad,iPhone,iPod...

I have to say it, i love the Apple Magic Mouse..is just incredible, i can do anything with it.. anything.

JRendell 2012-09-08 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola (Post 4341819)
I have to say it, i love the Apple Magic Mouse..is just incredible, i can do anything with it.. anything.

anything... anything...

In that case... :heh:

Xellos-_^ 2012-09-08 12:28

i like how Apple invented the Square/Rectangle shape with round edges.

How daring
how innovative
how spectacular

never seen anything like it before in my life.

Lost Cause 2012-09-08 13:32

iPhone 4S. Does everything I need a computer to due all wrapped up in a tidy little package that I can carry in a pocket!

sudolicious 2012-09-08 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRendell (Post 4341815)
@sudo - I think she was just after which one was your favourite. But I wouldn't say that the iPhone was unchalleneged when it 'debuted'. There was a variety of other handsets on the market which did near enough the same thing.

Nowadays, most people tend to buy into the Apple brand or 'i' brand. If it's got half an apple on it or an i in it's name, then it's gotta be great right? No. The iPhone was unstable and had major signal issues, not to mention that the shit hit the fan when they updated the OS..

I'm using iPhones since the first generation and can't agree with your complains. It was truly revolutionary for the time. Lots of the features were of course already partially included in other smartphones, like browsing the web, downloading "apps", IMs and doing all kinds of other stuff - but it was a huge hassle. What made the iPhone so good was the handling, I'm not a stupid casual user, but it was simply a huge pain to deal with the shitty symbian platform or the even worse blackberry stuff. Not to speak of that the iPhone gave us a whole new level of opportunity when it came to apps and new kinds of possibilities for the users, and I'm not just talking about the touch screen here, because that's a whole different issue. Smartphones up to 2008/9 were still not as fluid when it came to the touch handling as the iPhone was with its first generation, only then - with the increase of android devices - it slowly started to shift. Now it's admittedly more a matter of preference which device one should chose, but again, the iPhone was truly revolutionary for the branch and its time.

I agree though with your statement about the current state of the Apple brand, but well, this is how marketing works. You can't blame Apple or the general Apple userbase for this, stupid people get attracted to various types of marketing. There are enough of the people you talk about in the Android or Blackberry fanbase... I mean, it's not shitty sell out apple, it's got to be great, right?
For my favourite product, I'll go with the iPhone then and the iPod/iTunes for second place, as explained in my earlier posts.
I have a macbook myself, but they are a overpriced and lousy piece of shit. Seriously, don't ever buy one, try burning some money instead or something.

monster 2012-09-08 16:36

The only Apple product I ever owned is the 120 GB iPod Classic. It's pretty good and I still have it in working condition, but it doesn't really entice me to own any other Apple product. Still, allowing the iPod to work with Windows is probably one of (if not) the best thing Apple has done in its history.

aohige 2012-09-08 17:11

I don't see the Mac II on the list.
Therefore I disregard this as a troll poll.

:rolleyes:

Urzu 7 2012-09-08 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 4342213)
I don't see the Mac II on the list.
Therefore I disregard this as a troll poll.

:rolleyes:

You mean the Apple II/Apple IIe?

Was a great Apple product, but is so easily overlooked when most of us here on AnimeSuki were either babies/toddlers/little kids when they were popular items, or not even born yet when they were popular items.

Kyuu 2012-09-08 17:43

I own an IPod Touch.

Even though it's designed for MP3/music... I don't even really use it for that purpose. I ended up using it to access the IStore and playing those touch screen games.

It has access to the Internet via wireless. However, it's too slow to handle that. It used to be OK, but no -- the apps end up too slow and clunky for that purpose.

So, now, I refuse to spend a single cent more on anything Apple.

Infinite Zenith 2012-09-08 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuu (Post 4342248)
I own an IPod Touch.

It has access to the Internet via wireless. However, it's too slow to handle that. It used to be OK, but no -- the apps end up too slow and clunky for that purpose.

What generation is your iPod touch, and which version of iOS do you have for it? I think a later version of iOS with older units might be the problem.

DonQuigleone 2012-09-08 17:54

I'd like a "none - Apple sucks" option.

winterbaby 2012-09-08 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonQuigleone (Post 4342261)

Why do you think apple sucks??!

jdennis007 2012-09-08 18:43

The G.U.I. that Microsoft stole and called Windows.

Xellos-_^ 2012-09-08 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdennis007 (Post 4342325)

i will quote Bill gates here

Quote:

“Well, Steve, I think there’s more than one way of looking at it. I think it’s more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it.”

Terrestrial Dream 2012-09-08 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdennis007 (Post 4342325)

Uh, I might be wrong on this, but I don't believe that Apple invented that.

Kyero Fox 2012-09-08 19:03

I actually THOUGHT this topic was gonna be about apple inventions about actual apples... -_- /facepalm

Sumeragi 2012-09-08 19:38

Apple pie or apply cobblers? Like that?

Anyway, I believe the title should have been apply products, not inventions.

Master_Yoma 2012-09-08 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonQuigleone (Post 4342261)

Im going with you none Apple blows it expensive for some thing you can wait get it few months for half the cost

spikexp 2012-09-08 21:50

The only thing I like about apple is the ipod classic.

Vexx 2012-09-09 00:00

Um, these aren't 'INVENTIONS'. They're *products*. There is a difference. Some of the products contain 'inventions' - those were patented. Not all the patented ideas should have been patentable but that's a different topic :) (see "curved corners" for example)

And not to ruin jdennis007's day ... the concept of 'windows' existed long before apple or microsoft, from companies like Xerox and others, as well as X-windows (UNIX).

I was using X Windows in 1987.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System

kyp275 2012-09-09 04:17

the greatest Apple invention are the iFanboys

truly, those are in a class of their own.

Paranoid Android 2012-09-10 09:15

^ LOL I second that. iFanboys are the only best thing they have.

Anyways, not an apple consumer in any department (not even iTunes), but iPod Touch would probably be the product I'd say deserves most praise compared to the rest of their list of products.

I find even iPod inferior to Creative's products of that time aside from raw memory space. Sad that Creative's MP3 department kind of just started failing after iPod touch's generation.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-09-10 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyp275 (Post 4343209)
the greatest Apple invention are the iFanboys

truly, those are in a class of their own.

You forget the iSalesmen....

Truly they are so dedicated, they are hopeless in service for anything other than Apple stuff....

Endless Soul 2012-09-10 13:29

To be honest, I've never owned a single Apple "product". However, I was using an Apple IIe in Jr. High, and that was pretty dang cool back then. :)

Endless "I eat apples" Soul

Paranoid Android 2012-09-10 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Soul (Post 4345646)

I'm allergic to the chemicals they spray on every apple that I can get my hands on :(

Only apple juice for me. Unpeeled apple is a no-no for me. Too lazy to peel.

jdennis007 2012-09-10 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Soul (Post 4345646)
To be honest, I've never owned a single Apple "product". However, I was using an Apple IIe in Jr. High, and that was pretty dang cool back then. :)

I used one too back in the day, we had a text based rpg of Star Wars that we used to play, then we got a Winter Olympics game which actually had graphics.

Hiroi Sekai 2012-09-10 17:55

I miss my iPod Video, damn. Was never weighed down by slow processing like my iPhone is (totally gonna swap for a Samsung Galaxy when I can).

I like the way I can organize music on iTunes, but it sure does suck how it actually manages to use algorithms that completely ruins the shuffle feature and reduces overall audio quality. Also, it's a hassle to get video files around; I don't even bother.

kaito-kid 2012-09-10 19:18

The Ipod was nice and all, but the first Iphone was truly revolutionary.. I guess so is the I pad, but I'm not really down with the tablet thing.
But everything else from Apple is pure ripoff.. Especially the Macbook pro! I know, cos I have one. But for my profession I need the Mac OS, so I don't really have any other option.. I will never understand why 'normal people' buy Macbooks.

Random32 2012-09-10 22:03

I don't think Apple has actually managed to invent anything. They are just in the business of executing failed products with great ideas behind them a lot better than the original company. They didn't make up the concept of the MP3, they just made the first good implementation of it. Nor did they invent smartphones, they just made them consumer friendly. I really see nothing.

As for inventions using apples, my vote goes to Apple™ cobblers.

As for Apple's most revolutionary product. The iPod. Sad part is that Sony had everything ready to go for an iPod competitor well before Apple launched their iPod, but it got killed by the entertainment side of the company.

winhlp32 2012-09-10 22:19

When I saw this thread I thought of this:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Vexx 2012-09-10 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random32 (Post 4346326)
I don't think Apple has actually managed to invent anything. They are just in the business of executing failed products with great ideas behind them a lot better than the original company. They didn't make up the concept of the MP3, they just made the first good implementation of it. Nor did they invent smartphones, they just made them consumer friendly. I really see nothing.

As for inventions using apples, my vote goes to Apple™ cobblers.

As for Apple's most revolutionary product. The iPod. Sad part is that Sony had everything ready to go for an iPod competitor well before Apple launched their iPod, but it got killed by the entertainment side of the company.

Personally, I enjoy my Sansa mp3 players a lot. They work fine and if I crush one its no big deal. Whereas watching someone crush their iPod, one gets to see all sorts of trauma.

Urzu 7 2012-09-10 22:34

Does a Sansa Fuze have the ability to play Pandora Radio?

Edit: Probably would never get one. I checked for its price on Bestbuy.com, and the 8 GB model has more 1 star ratings than any other rating. I read of issues like very bad touch controls, units freezing, and tracks skipping to the next track out of the blue.