AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Little Busters (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 13 [END] Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=123697)

Flower 2013-12-28 00:56

Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 13 [END] Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters ~Refrain~, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Meltyred 2013-12-28 10:40

Oh wow..
This episode actually surprised me....
And them fan service...

Proto 2013-12-28 10:56

A fitting end. I'm satisfied. *clap clap*

Narzia 2013-12-28 11:22

The first quarter of the episode.
What.

The actual ending came as no surprise though, like Clannad, you could argue all day about alternate (and quite depressing) interpretations of the ending, but I choose to go with the most positive one.
There isn't much I want, or even could say about this episode itself. I liked the episode, and it ended pretty much the way I expected it to and it gave the show a fitting closure.

..or not considering technically all the girls' problems remain unsolved in the real world, but hey the power of friendship will eventually overcome it, I'm sure.

Now, about that EX...

Also, the scene with Rin sitting on the bed with Riki and "writing" in his hand while he was sleeping is utterly adorable.

GDB 2013-12-28 11:22

Good ending. Lot more uh... naked Riki than I expected, though.

Also liked the brief cameo by some of the Kud Wafer girls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narzia (Post 4958319)
..or not considering technically all the girls' problems remain unsolved in the real world, but hey the power of friendship will eventually overcome it, I'm sure.

Actually, isn't Haruka's the only one that isn't resolved? Unless Kanata was in the accident too, in which case their relationship was fixed and it'd only be their parents stuff that isn't resolved.

Proto 2013-12-28 11:23

In most cases their problems are about acceptance, in which case they'll probably be fine. Maybe. The only thread line that depends on external factors (Haruka's) may get some closure during Kanata's arc I guess.

Yye1 2013-12-28 11:32

Hmm a fitting and satiafying ending. liked the focus on friendship over romance

Meltyred 2013-12-28 11:35

An issue I had was the fact that they had done Kick the Can already.
WHERE IS DA ANIMATION, I WANNA SEE IT SO BAD!

MCAL 2013-12-28 11:38

Well that was executed much better than the VN. And no deus ex machina "Go back in time" that made no sense then and would make no sense now.

Overall, I give this a 9/10. Despite not having the balls to go against the true end, JC Staff really made this really good.

Again, I'd like to change the score I gave this episode an 8/10.

EDIT: And yes... You can interpret that ending both ways.

Kanon 2013-12-28 11:45

I don't know how to feel about this ending. On one hand, I'm happy they all survived. On the other, I thought Rin and Riki saved everybody way too easily especially after the show repeatedly told us there would only be two survivors. I feel a bit cheated, and I feel this makes the whole series a bit less meaningful. At least it's not as bad as Clannad After Story.

I would have liked the epilogue to show Haruka making up with Kanata and Kud reuniting with her mother, since none of that ever happened. If you want to make a happy ending, might as well go all the way.

Meltyred 2013-12-28 11:49

Kud's family are most likely dead than anything, so no won't happen.

novalysis 2013-12-28 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meltyred (Post 4958347)
Kud's family are most likely dead than anything, so no won't happen.

Well, Kud Wafter still hasn't been animated yet. I wonder whether JC Staff really was serious when they claimed they'd animate everything.

Also, I do hope that the Drama CD the Field Trip in the ending is based out on get's animated too.

Other than that, it's an adequate end to Little Busters. Hard to see how much better it could have been done, given how the adaptation proceeded.

GDB 2013-12-28 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4958340)
I would have liked the epilogue to show Haruka making up with Kanata and Kud reuniting with her mother, since none of that ever happened. If you want to make a happy ending, might as well go all the way.

The last episode of EX will be Kanata's episode, so I'd imagine we may see that there.

Haak 2013-12-28 12:44

Better than expected.

I honestly like the fact that Riki decided to try and save them for the simply fact that it makes sense. There's no reason for him to assume they're all dead and there wasn't really any reason for us to assume so either. My first thought when Riki discovered the crash was that they could have very easily been in critical condition but totally savable, so i'm glad that logic won out in the end (Still no attempt to contact authorities though).

That said there were a few problems with the ending. For one thing everyone was saved. I don't mind a couple of the gang being saved but I think it would've been better if most of them had died so we get some sort of sense that Riki's journey had merit to it. But as it stands all Riki's journey really amounted to was being strong enough to have the will to save his friends from a traumatic car crash. Considering how much of a bro Riki has been throughout the show, I honestly didn't expect that to be an actual problem for him but apparently it was. I chalk that to the fact that we never truly saw any of Riki's failures in the fake world and them leaving a very key piece of information right at the end: Riki developing narcolepsy from a previous traumatic car crash.

I think it would've been better if only those that weren't a part of Little Busters during their childhood survive but without any of their memories from the fake world, so Riki and Rin make friends with them all over again (although I don't mind Komari dying)

I could have also done without the Newtype moment. Most of Riki's inner journey moment was fine but I didn't need the narminess of naked Riki trying to be born.

Reckoner 2013-12-28 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4958340)
I don't know how to feel about this ending. On one hand, I'm happy they all survived. On the other, I thought Rin and Riki saved everybody way too easily especially after the show repeatedly told us there would only be two survivors. I feel a bit cheated, and I feel this makes the whole series a bit less meaningful. At least it's not as bad as Clannad After Story.

Since the anime ended I think there's no way I can spoil anything anymore, but here's a minor rant from a VN reader like me.

Spoiler:

MCAL 2013-12-28 13:32

@Reckoner

Spoiler:

Reckoner 2013-12-28 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCAL (Post 4958465)
@Reckoner

Spoiler:

Ah well I guess the anime order got me confused then.

Zankoku12 2013-12-28 13:50

I'm about the only one in the world who is still feeling sad for you,Kurugaya.
http://i.imgur.com/lLj4T3g.jpg

Meltyred 2013-12-28 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 4958467)
Ah well I guess the anime order got me confused then.

Guess you didn't read Tomoyo After huh...

Dr. Casey 2013-12-28 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 4958451)
Since the anime ended I think there's no way I can spoil anything anymore, but here's a minor rant from a VN reader like me.

Spoiler:

You know what would've been a ballsy ending for Little Busters?

Spoiler:

I can perfectly understand the feelings of those disappointed with the ending, though I myself like it. I'm glad the Little Busters will continue being able to experience things together and deepen their friendships/life stories, and happy endings that I don't expect to come are always pretty powerful ones to me - I was completely sure that the school bus tragedy was unavoidable and that Riki and Rin were destined to just have to deal with it the best they can.