AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   KonoMini (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Dvd Collection? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=19025)

Ikongamer 2004-08-15 21:10

Dvd Collection?

Melazoma 2004-08-15 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikongamer
Hi this is my first time at this site and this will be my first post...

I went to the official site and saw a screenshot of Kono Minikukumo Utsukushii Sekai collection box....

Now this may not be like THE best series but I loved it. I watched the whole thing and I pretty much understand the story. Even if it doesnt get license here, I will buy the import series because I would love to own something like this

The R2 Konomini is indeed beatiful and extra-packed, but it's expensive and without subtitle.

It's a gimme for Geneon USA, or some other R1 studios to pick this up somewhere down the line. Personally I'd very much like Geneon USA to get this because:
1) They are the most consistent in recent releases to use the R2 cover arts.
2) Geneon USA often uses sturdy chipboard artboxes--even for Ikki-Tousen.
3) It's a lottery in the single volumes, but their LE pack-in extra are just beautiful.

PsionicXero 2004-08-15 22:58

I want to know why would you want it in DVD when you can get it for free at the forum site. For what? the freaken box?? Only if all things came downloadable.... like the Hikari doll....

Melazoma 2004-08-15 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsionicXero
I want to know why would you want it in DVD when you can get it for free at the forum site. For what? the freaken box?? Only if all things came downloadable.... like the Hikari doll....

Many of us like the quality that comes in a DVD;
Some of us like the touch and the complete-ness that comes with an artbox;
A good number of us like to contribute to the anime industry while getting to see a good show;
Personally, I love the tingly feeling in knowing that I've done more with the purchase of a legitimate R1 DVD than a fucking leech who never, ever pays for what he/she watches.

PsionicXero 2004-08-15 23:54

Im realistic, and i rather download it then buy it. I will still enjoy it the same, just that i will have the joy of saving myself a bundle of money ;)

Yamano667 2004-08-21 06:36

You are so right :) You just save the money, and the headaches of bad translated anime ...bad subtitling and TYPOS, errors which HK bootlegers and
official anime distros are famous for :D

For instance I bought ADV sailor moon season one and I was soo disapointed with the sound quality and the TYPOS ..errors in timin, now I have to sell it on EBAY to another poor soul :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsionicXero
Im realistic, and i rather download it then buy it. I will still enjoy it the same, just that i will have the joy of saving myself a bundle of money ;)

srb 2004-09-23 08:53

You might as well skip every anime series that uses a badly pronounced word in Engrish then.

Everyone makes mistakes, and for the most part the companies fix the problems. If they make more money then they can also afford better translations and lower prices.

Instead of being a so-called "fucking leech" you should buy the official releases of series you like. Fansubs aren't a substitute for official DVD's.

You're not being realistic, you're being greedy and unsupportive of an industry that wants your support and does a lot for anime in general. A lot of anime series are funded by the money that foreign investors and licensees cough up, but I guess you don't want to pay for any of that, do you?

Tiamat's Disciple 2004-10-11 15:04

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else here.

I have loads of anime i've downloaded, but if something ive really enjoyed is released (like Kono Mini) i'll buy it. For several reasons:

First. I like to show my support for the actors and creators of the show by purchasing it. Since thats the only way they find out how good a show is, when the fans support it buying it.

Second. I almost always go for the collectors editions, since they have extras, like interviews with cast members, extra episodes (both wind and dears are going to be released on dvd with extra episodes), not to mention previews of up coming new shows, fan art, and dvd rom extras.

Fansubbing is great, and a lot of groups have gotten better over the years and are almost on the pro level. But they arent official. Fan sub groups bring us a look at the good shows, they do the best they can and we get some good shows. It's our duty as fans to support the shows we love and enjoy. Otherwise we're nothing more than leeches, and giving justification to companies who complain about fan sub groups.

I'm not saying go out and buy every release, what i'm saying is support the shows you like. Buy buying the DVD's your funding further productions. Without the fans support shows like Kono Mini and KGNE would never happen. Remember that.

Tal

PsionicXero 2004-12-19 13:10

I would but it too, im just saying, i rather download then buy.
the only anime i have every brought is the whole collection of Evangelion, its just too nice...