AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Fortune Arterial (PC/PS3 Game, August) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93684)

relentlessflame 2010-05-08 14:54

Fortune Arterial (PC/PS3 Game, August)

Fortune Arterial, a vampire-themed school life romantic drama/comedy by game-maker August, is getting an anime adaptation later this year. The purpose of this thread is to allow past, present, and potential-future game players to discuss material presented in the game.

Material pertaining to the ending of the various routes should be indicated in spoiler tags (please be considerate), but other than that anything that happens in the game can be discussed here.

Note that there is also another Fortune Arterial Translation Project thread, but the project seems to be dead/on-hold at the moment (perhaps the anime will revive interest).

To start off, Dark Mage asked the following question in the anime thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Mage (Post 3039284)
I havent played the game so before I start watching/playing/reading either the game, manga or anime, and since this thread is a spoiler-free zzone, can anyone here atleast please tell me if the story ends in a tragic way or does it have some sort of good neding because I hate trgic endings makes me regret al that I have played before if the game's ending is a tragic one

Spoiler for End-game generalities:

Kudryavka 2010-05-09 14:41

If the anime follows suit a la Kanon/Clannad/D.C. , I'll definitely be watching. I love some romantic drama. :)

Wigwams 2010-05-10 23:57

hey can you make a detailed summary of all the routes? there's alot of stuffs i wanna know about this but cant really play the VN... so far i have only read the manga...

i have so many questions like
Spoiler for Erika:

Spoiler for kuze:

Spoiler for haruna:

hmm so far that's what i can remember for now... so hoping you can make route summaries for all the girls... and what's with the final route?

kyosak 2010-05-11 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wigwams (Post 3043046)
hey can you make a detailed summary of all the routes? there's alot of stuffs i wanna know about this but cant really play the VN... so far i have only read the manga...

i have so many questions like
Spoiler for Erika:

Spoiler for kuze:

Spoiler for haruna:

hmm so far that's what i can remember for now... so hoping you can make route summaries for all the girls... and what's with the final route?

I haven't completed the game yet so I can't say anything about any secrets revealed in the true end, but I did beat Kuze and Haruna's individual routes so I'll try and answer your questions.

Spoiler for Kuze:

Spoiler for Haruna:

Man I'm so lazy these days ... I don't know how I'm gonna get the determination to get off my butt and beat Shiro and Kanade's routes, lol. I can say that Kuze's route was way better than Haruna's though, that's for sure. ~.~ I wanna hurry up and get to Erika's route already! Ahhhhhhh

Wigwams 2010-05-11 04:09

oh yes. please do hurry up. this 1 is cheering you on. :bow:

btw...
Spoiler for follow up question on Kuze:

Spoiler for some questions about haruna:

kyosak 2010-05-11 04:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wigwams (Post 3043275)
oh yes. please do hurry up. this 1 is cheering you on. :bow:

btw...
Spoiler for follow up question on Kuze:

Spoiler for some questions about haruna:

Spoiler for Kuze:

Spoiler for edit: for Haruna:

Skyfall 2010-05-11 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyosak (Post 3043303)
Spoiler for Haruna:

Spoiler for Haruna, True End related:

Um ...yeah. This is one of the titles that left a very positive impression on me overall (And one must finish the True End of to truly appreciate it -- not that the individual routes were bad, but it is during the True End where the writing begins to shine and all the pieces from the individual routes fall in to places, making it a quite fascinating finish. In fact, i had liked the title enough upon finishing it that i actually managed to get off my lazy behind and write my impressions on it ... a rare occasion indeed :heh: (Mostly spoiler free)

Needless to say, i am rather excited about the upcoming anime, and here's hoping they do passable justice to the game's story :)

kyosak 2010-05-11 05:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyfall (Post 3043341)
And one you must finish the True End of to truly appreciate

I really hate when games do this to me!
I need to stop being so lazy lmao xD

Wigwams 2010-05-11 06:44

oh thanks kyosak for answering my questions and to skyfall too... i read your blog and like your warning it is spoiler free. haha. :heh:

can you answer my questions about erika?
Spoiler for Erika:

and can you summarize the true end, im really curious about it. and it would be great if you could point out those small hints from personal routes that fall in place during the true end, so i can appreciate the masterpiece a little too. since you said the kanade and shiro route are rather dull, i guess i can live without asking about it.
Spoiler for some random questions:

Cyblaster 2010-05-11 12:06

Let's see if I can remember some of this stuff...

Spoiler for some answers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wigwams (Post 3043388)
oh thanks kyosak for answering my questions and to skyfall too... i read your blog and like your warning it is spoiler free. haha. :heh:

Spoiler for Erika:

Skyfall 2010-05-11 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wigwams (Post 3043388)

Spoiler for Erika:

Well ...you are pretty much asking for some of the biggest spoilers in the story, so do know that if you read this, you will be irreversibly spoiled to major plot elements of the title. Same applies to the above post. Some details might be fuzzy to me as it has been long since i played the game, but ... here goes.

Spoiler for answers, critical mass spoilers:

Wigwams 2010-05-11 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyfall (Post 3043826)
Well ...you are pretty much asking for some of the biggest spoilers in the story, so do know that if you read this, you will be irreversibly spoiled to major plot elements of the title. Same applies to the above post. Some details might be fuzzy to me as it has been long since i played the game, but ... here goes.

Spoiler for answers, critical mass spoilers:

oh thanks thanks...
Spoiler for follow up questions about ending:

Spoiler for more questions about the ending:

Skyfall 2010-05-12 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wigwams (Post 3044227)
oh thanks thanks...
Spoiler for follow up questions about ending:

Spoiler for answers:

Quote:

Spoiler for more questions about the ending:

Spoiler for answers:

Quote:

Spoiler for warning and question about a certain ero scene for kanade:

That is not to be taken seriously :heh: It was basically an omake that (one of many) you can access after finishing the game, and was a dream; it doesn't happen (thank goodness i would say :heh:) during the actual storyline.

johnishida 2010-05-12 17:55

Spoiler for Clearing the hazy parts on Skyfall's Post:

Wigwams 2010-05-16 00:52

ohh interesting... and quite satisfying too. :smile:

so about Kaya and her 2 stones...
Spoiler for question:

Spoiler for question about erika:

Spoiler for question about shiori:

kyosak 2010-07-05 01:00

Ugh I finally got off my butt and cleared all the individual routes. Took so many breaks from the game trying to get myself to sit through the snore fests that were Shiro and Kanade's routes... -_____-
So far, I think Erika and Kuze's routes were at a level way above the rest.

Well anyways, I played Erika's route last and there was a part after the end, before the credits rolled with the black background and there was a bunch of picture text that AGTH couldn't hook... Could someone tell me what that said?

Well... Off to play the true end...

kyosak 2010-07-06 03:57

Spoiler for end:

Anywho, I'll be looking forward to the anime.

Skyfall 2010-07-06 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyosak (Post 3124218)
Spoiler for end:

Spoiler for Erika:

Quote:

Also, clearing the game just makes you wonder why Kanade even had a route in the first place! D:
Because they could! :heh: I agree with the sentiment though, and as i like to say, Kanade just felt like an afterthought to Haruna ... and not a very good afterthought. For a moment there i thought they were going to do something with the tree that Iori had planted as we found out, but in the end that never amounted to anything. Either the idea got scrapped or they were just looking for some way to extend the route i wouldn't know, but the result is as it is this time - Kanade's path was the black sheep indeed and nothing would be lost by her not having one.

Quote:

You could really tell the developers planned everything out before the smallest work even started on writing the individual arcs (save Kanade's)... The story gets wrapped up real neatly in the end and it made for an entertaining play. I think I had the most fun revealing details about vampires and their traits and such.
Indeed, and this is what made me appreciate the title so much - the individual routes are plenty decent on their own (save for Kanade's ...this could be made in to a chant of some sort :heh:), but the way it all came together in the end and contributed to the whole (without me suspecting it would, as the individual paths were plenty capable of standing on their own and thus not giving away they were but pieces of a larger puzzle). A very good example of quality writing, were the writers had thought out and cared for their work. A quite satisfying experience all in all.

relentlessflame 2010-10-15 16:03

This is continuing a conversation started in the anime thread, but I didn't want to go too much further for fear of going into straight spoiler territory. So I'll put the comparison here.
Spoiler for Direction of the anime adaptation, based on the game and Episodes 1 & 2:

Francismeunier 2010-10-15 22:58

Ok all of this is interesting but I want to clear things too here.....For one why would Kouhei in his right mind even allow Erika to drink his blood?

Does Togi get her blood sucked or it was just the parents themselves that did and died of it due to Erika?

Can the vampires in this game die of having their heart pierced?

Why are the vampires not affected by sunlight?

Why would Seichirou even help Iori after what Erika did to their parents?

So the random girl in the anime nevers becomes a vampire but is only used as cattle and them gets her memory erased? I don't think I can buy memory is erased completely thing at all logically.

That's pretty much what is in my mind right now so I want to spoil myself with the answers. Thanks in advance.

BTW who does Erika suck other than Kohei if anyone?