AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Hyperdimension Neptunia [anime] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114395)

winhlp32 2012-08-28 03:47

Hyperdimension Neptunia [anime]

http://i.imgur.com/k9zkAl.jpg

Source

Looking forward to this.

LoweGear 2012-08-28 03:53

Huh, so that earlier rumor was true.... :eek:

Or at least I hope it is. Still, a Neptunia anime would be definitely something I'll be looking forward to.

RRW 2012-08-28 04:01

Wait this is real! ROFL!

articuzwolf 2012-08-28 04:46

errr....okay

haven't (manage to find) mood to finish the game so better start soon

Klashikari 2012-08-28 04:48

I really didn't expect that, especially considering the game is so niche, even in Japan (although being one of the strongest franchises for CH).
I guess the anime format would work plenty well for this, although I just hope the "serious business" won't be too predominant otherwise it will be cheesy as hell :heh:

Tyabann 2012-08-28 05:06

Uh, it's probably a hoax. Apparently that issue of Dengeki Playstation doesn't have that cover.
A little early to make a thread, don't you think?

Ray 2012-08-28 05:06

Ehhhhhhh.. that.. certainly was quick.

As long as it isn't an adaptation of the light novels, I think it should be good enough. But I guess seeing my numbah one waifu (Neptune) animated would so awesome..

According to a few sites like Souko@Hokanko, details and confirmations are "unclear".

Tyabann 2012-08-28 05:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphrah (Post 4324557)
As long as it isn't an adaptation of the light novels

There are Neptunia light novels? What. :heh:

Ray 2012-08-28 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 4324561)
There are Neptunia light novels? What. :heh:

Yep. I think there are 3 volumes out, not sure about that. They're high school themed from what I've heard, though. And since the premise is one of the things I like about the series so taking that away would be a bad idea.. but that's not to say I wouldn't like to see some of the characters in school uniforms.. Tsunako does the covers for the all the volumes, and the other illustrations are done by another artist (somewhat NSFW).

VampirePaladin 2012-08-28 05:27

Please be real. Please be real.

I want to share Neppermint with my non-PS3 owning friends.

LoweGear 2012-08-28 06:42

Anime News Network: Compile Heart's Neptunia RPGs Also Get Anime

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANN
The next issue of ASCII Media Works' Dengeki PlayStation magazine lists an anime adaptation that has been green-lit to go along with Compile Heart's Kami Jigen Game Neptune V (God Dimensional Game Neptunia V) game. Neptune V, a role-playing game follow-up to Compile Heart's Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, will ship on Thursday — the same day that the next issue of Dengeki PlayStation also goes on sale. Dengeki PlayStation will have a feature devoted to the game.

NIS America released the earlier Hyperdimension Neptunia and Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 games in North America. All three games anthropomorphize the game console wars as female role-playing game characters.

Mura 2012-08-28 08:14

Just started the first game a week ago and this makes me even happier.:D

RRW 2012-08-28 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 4324544)
I really didn't expect that, especially considering the game is so niche, even in Japan (although being one of the strongest franchises for CH).
I guess the anime format would work plenty well for this, although I just hope the "serious business" won't be too predominant otherwise it will be cheesy as hell :heh:

TBH is not really niche. sure is not really FF or tales popular but there is quite sizable fan.

Tempester 2012-08-28 08:51

Oh my god, they actually made it. I should get cracking on the games sometime.

Nerroth 2012-08-28 09:41

I suppose it's not too unreasonable to imagine that NISA likely have first dibs on the anime's distributiion in North America and Europe?

If they decided to pick it up, that is.

Klashikari 2012-08-28 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 4324764)
TBH is not really niche. sure is not really FF or tales popular but there is quite sizable fan.

Not really. Both games didn't reach 100K benchmark since their release in Japan.
It isn't like the game is unknown over there, but its popularity is more or less modest, albeit strong for a series of that caliber. In comparison, Arland atelier series could sell for something like respectively 40K, 60K and 80K on their very first week, and that's still nothing close to FF and Tales of series.

Neptune series definitely became a flagship title for Compile heart, but the market for it is quite niche, close to the level of eroge/visual novel.

RRW 2012-08-28 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 4324871)
Not really. Both games didn't reach 100K benchmark since their release in Japan.
It isn't like the game is unknown over there, but its popularity is more or less modest, albeit strong for a series of that caliber. In comparison, Arland atelier series could sell for something like respectively 40K, 60K and 80K on their very first week, and that's still nothing close to FF and Tales of series.

Neptune series definitely became a flagship title for Compile heart, but the market for it is quite niche, close to the level of eroge/visual novel.

well if you looking at that point you are right. then again most of 50K hitter is usually established franchise

so for new franchise like neptunia, i dont think it doing bad

SaintessHeart 2012-08-28 10:15

Noire and Uni are MINE. Stay away from my goddesses!

So they are going to adapt from the comics? Or are they going to run into the game?

Or is this anime centered on our tsundere PS3 goddess? Her expression in the cover is like, "It's......it's not like I want an anime starring me! Huh!" :heh:

Would totally be gold if they swapped Asami Imai for Ayanyan. Vert would have an electrifying time though. :D

Cosmic Eagle 2012-08-28 10:22

LOLWHUT...

That's great news.

*makes up for my annoying lack of PS3 to play the game*

Ray 2012-08-28 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 4324902)
Noire and Uni are MINE. Stay away from my goddesses!

So they are going to adapt from the comics? Or are they going to run into the game?

Or is this anime centered on our tsundere PS3 goddess? :heh:

Fine fine, as long as you stay away from Neptune. ;p

Hm, that's actually possible considering the fact that almost every single character has shown up in it at some point.. But its plot is much worse than those of the two games. Not that they were anything exceptional..

I don't think so; I'm thinking that it'll either be a) an anime original story (with Neptunia V characters) or b) an adaptation of the Neptunia V game.