AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kanon (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Kanon - 2006 - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=43356)

monir 2007-02-22 00:37

Kanon - 2006 - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kanon, Episode 21.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Absolutely no spoilers for future events from the game or the manga in the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, then PM them. Any spoilers, even under the spoiler tags, that reveals future events will be deleted.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for reminder:

Bloody Nightingale 2007-02-22 12:38

HOLY MOLEY - !!!

Do NOT open unless u are 200% sure ur ready for this:
Spoiler:

justinstrife 2007-02-22 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloody Nightingale (Post 840999)
HOLY MOLEY - !!!

Spoiler:

:twitch:

Dear god...

Skyfall 2007-02-22 12:43

*can't resist and opens the spoiler*
*dies*

Spoiler:

monir 2007-02-22 12:46

So it begins! :) Can hardly wait to watch it.

Cyz 2007-02-22 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloody Nightingale (Post 840999)
HOLY MOLEY - !!!

Spoiler:

....ouch! :uhoh:

-> Screenshots of ep. 21 courtesy of Random Curiosity. Pls. look at it at your own risk!!!
Spoiler:

Spoiler for comment on the episode 21 spoilers:

Freeter 2007-02-22 15:16

Spoiler:

Suiseiseki 2007-02-22 15:49

Spoiler for I've seen this before?:

Zaris 2007-02-22 16:36

I guess I was right and wrong.

Nayuki tries hard for Yuuichi this episode. I think it's lovely how they spend time together, at the same time she keeps a respectable distance since she sort of knows how he feels about Ayu disappearing. My heart really warms up to her.

The flashbacks (Nayuki-related ones) are somewhat painful. I really like Nayuki. I can kind of guestimate that something happened to Ayu that would make Yuuichi not want to receive anyone else's sympathy. But what that happening is, we still have no idea. At the very least, the "school" reference is somewhat answered. Ayu can still show up; or maybe she won't. There is no conclusive sign to either outcome. From how we've seen Kanon episodes already, it would seem to lean slightly towards the "she won't" route. But considering that we haven't seen the totality of the Ayu subplot (and if we have, then that's pretty bogus), there may still be more to see.

So Yuuichi remembers something from the bunny (nice mentioning of Mai, btw). I wonder how he feels about it, being somewhat insensitive to you know who even after a confession like that. Now it's his turn to comfort, but unlike her, Yuuichi's mission is completely uphill. Ayu ran off; no certain closure so it wasn't that bad. Love sickness, as we call it. Akiko will make the situation somewhat... taxing.

This is bad timing, I think. What a way to spice up the drama.

Vexx 2007-02-22 16:37

wow.... um....
Spoiler for argh, I looked... save yourselves and avoid the spoilers until you've seen ep 21 - also avoid Random Curiousity:

Fortunately, I knew it was coming but stilll ...

Sai the Dreamer 2007-02-22 16:48

Holy hell. o_o; That's all I can say, just... wow. That last scene really came out of nowhere. >_>;

OmegaPhlare 2007-02-22 17:27

Holy fizzucks! Such responses and the fansub isn't out yet. Hopefully I can can wait for this one. *posts response and closes browser to avoid spoiler tempations*.

Raniie 2007-02-22 19:01

Guys, remember to properly label your spoiler tags. Some of you just hiding it and not labeling doesn't really help to know what's inside the spoiler tag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeter (Post 841144)
Spoiler for End of episode 21:

I know what you mean there.

Spoiler for End of episode 21:

And now it begins, main focus on Nayuki for the remaining episodes. It's about time for all you Nayuki fans, eh? XD

panzerfan 2007-02-22 20:02

Spoiler for some pondering on the previous spoilers:

The KyoAni handling of this part of the story is pretty good. I am waiting to see how the next episode will unfold itself though.

Zaris 2007-02-22 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raniie (Post 841364)
And now it begins, main focus on Nayuki for the remaining episodes. It's about time for all you Nayuki fans, eh? XD

What the!? Nooooo, I highly doubt we've seen the last of Ayu. For one thing, if that WAS the end back in episode 20, it offered extremely ambiguous closure. She disappeared without telling us what was the matter with things. What made Yuuichi cry seven years ago? Where's her father gone? At what point in time did Yuuichi give her the red hairpiece? None of them we've seen, and I don't believe KyoAni would be so negligant to leave those questions unanswered.

Until I saw this episode, my expectation of switching to the Nayuki arc before completing Ayu's was wanning. But as it turned out, I was right! And if you fathom my previous paragraph, you'll see that who Yuuichi "ends up with" is still highly questionable. Now don't get me wrong! I think both Ayu and Nayuki are great characters who have gotten an appropriate amount of screentime and development. At this point, it doesn't matter to me who Yuuichi ends up with (assuming he ends up with anyone at all); I simply believe that he carries a stronger attachment to his cousin than to Ayu based on what we have seen up to this point. I could go on about this point all day but I'll save it for later.

So in short, there's no certainty. = P

Spoiler for touching up on Raniie's spoiler on the end:

There are other drawing errors with this episode too, but they're not as worth mentioning as this. But seriously, yeah. That moment came out of the blue.

Spoiler for personal thoughts at episode's end. Look if you've seen (and understood) episode 21:

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan
The KyoAni handling of this part of the story is pretty good. I am waiting to see how the next episode will unfold itself though.

I dunno, man! These kind of cliffhangers don't make me want to watch the next episode. Somewhere in the back of my mind, my brain tells me it is better to not know than to know a bad outcome. I'm sure others have felt this way too. = P

But alas, we must watch on!

Leo_Otaku 2007-02-22 20:48

I i have to say is duuuuude wasn't excepting it like that. Very highly awesome job ^-^

velocity7 2007-02-22 21:56

Spoiler:

Codine 2007-02-22 22:38

Spoiler for noess:

Skane 2007-02-22 22:46

Looking forward to seeing on how KyoAni handles Nayuki's subsequent actions in light of what happened at the end of Ep21, since this has not been touched upon properly/fully in any other prior adaptation( manga or anime).

Will Nayuki's arc be shafted yet again? Will Nayuki's loyal fans break down sobbing from lack of attention yet again? Can KyoAni break the mindset that Nayuki's arc is impossible to show in a multi-path adaptation? Or will they succumb to the easy path( aka, nice knowing you, Nayuki, but it's time to return to Route Ayu-chan) and cause more Nayuki-fans to commit seppuku?

What indeed.