AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

duotiga 2011-11-05 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3843086)
How are the SEED and SEED Destiny MG kits? If I were to get them, I'd probably stick with:

Strike --> Aile Strike --> Launcher Strike --> Sword Strike --> Freedom --> Strike Freedom

...basically the main lead suit and all of its variants.

let's see for main lead suit variants

MG
Aile Strike (with bazooka if getting limited ediiton)
Sword/launcher strike
IWSP Strike
(Lightning Strike?)

Freedom
Strike Freedom

Force Impluse
Sword Impulse
(Blast Impulse?)
Destiny

Appel 2011-11-05 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3841840)
The Strike Noir is AWESOME! I highly recommend it. It's a great kit with tons of weapons for display-ability. It's very similar to the Strike in terms of the build (they share the same frame, of course), but it still looks very different from the orginal.

i know that its awesome!^^ the strike itself was awesome already so im not surprised that the strike noir is, too. i probably will buy it later on but right now im happy with just having the strike only.

i also just finished lining the pieces of my MG Hi-Nu. and i realized that it doesnt have THAT many pieces and runners. the box is very wide but also pretty flat.
lining it is also VERY easy. the channels are great! even the very thin ones are still deep enough to keep in the paint very well. the problem though is that it needs a LOT of lining... especially on the funnels >__>

firefox 2011-11-05 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3843086)
How are the SEED and SEED Destiny MG kits? If I were to get them, I'd probably stick with:

Strike --> Aile Strike --> Launcher Strike --> Sword Strike --> Freedom --> Strike Freedom

...basically the main lead suit and all of its variants.

so far i built Aile strike, aile strike rouge, sword/launcher strike and freedom.
My favorite is sword/launcher strike because i love the sword pack. The strike is a easy MG to build you only have to look out with the screws in the shoulders don't make them too tight.
I consider it a second generations MG kit. better then the first but not as good as a third generations like impulse, but also less complicated with decals so i prefer it even too a 3rd generation because they are so tiresom to build. Still it doesn't look outdated yet. Freedom i find less good then strike for some weird reason.

Still if you have the money, nothing beats the awsomeness of PG strike :)
If you want a MG strike they are all great. Still need to build strike Noir, been lieing in my closet for years now.

suiton629 2011-11-05 12:14

Coming from experience with 00 MG kits, how do they compare?

Appel 2011-11-05 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3843296)
Coming from experience with 00 MG kits, how do they compare?

well, the exia is actually pretty crappy in my opinion^^ limited articulation and weak joints.
the OO raiser and the OO Qan[T] are pretty much identical (this probably also counts for the MG OO seven sword/G). and they are both fraking fantastic^^
its the same frame with a few different armor pieces slapped on :P the only differences are that the OO raiser is a tiny bit backheavy because of the O raiser (but it can still stand upright, the weight issues are actually very miniscule!) and the OOQ tilts to one side all the time because of the huge shield.
but they all come with a lot of accessories and look AWESOME! they look just like their anime counterparts. and thats the most important aspect i guess :P

compared to other MGs the exia is probably average at best. the ankles are lose so it almost cant stand on its on (its a very likely candidate to jump off your shelf at any moment), the hip joints become lose over time so they cant support the legs in aerial poses anymore and the connector for the GN blades SUCK. they pop off all the damn time.
the OO raiser and the OOQ are amazing even compared to most other MGs. their articulation is simply off the charts, they are fun to build and except for a few bad nubs they have almost no flaws.
im glad to have all three of them on my shelf, thats for sure^^

i dont own the MG GN-X though. that one is supposed to be kinda below average. but it looks awesome too!

pumpkins 2011-11-05 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3841840)
The Strike Noir is AWESOME! I highly recommend it. It's a great kit with tons of weapons for display-ability. It's very similar to the Strike in terms of the build (they share the same frame, of course), but it still looks very different from the orginal.

actually if you're really detail crazy, their frames are different! the basic shape and workings of the inner frame are the same however the moulding is slightly different. :)

anyway lukas' strike is pretty good too. the IWSP comes with a crazy amount of weapons, and plus the grand slam. :)

Appel 2011-11-05 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3843390)
actually if you're really detail crazy, their frames are different! the basic shape and workings of the inner frame are the same however the moulding is slightly different. :)

anyway lukas' strike is pretty good too. the IWSP comes with a crazy amount of weapons, and plus the grand slam. :)

yes you are right, its a slightly updated frame with a few improvements like slightly tighter joints. at least thats what i heard in a couple reviews :P

i also just started putting together my MG Hi-Nu. i decided to top coat all pieces afterall, like i said there really arent THAT many pieces. its not a huge build like the MG Ex-S for example. its somewhere between the Ex-S and a regular MG i guess.
i like what im seeing so far though!
gonna finish it tomorrow. right now im done with the torso and the head.

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-11-05 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3843390)

Itīs been a few years since I build the Strike Noir, so I probably remember it wrong. I build 5 Strike Gundams (Aile, 2 Launcher/Sword, IWSP and Noir), so I guess I mixed them up somehow. Still, my point stands ;)

@Appel: Where did you get the Hi-Nu from and how much did it cost you?

Appel 2011-11-05 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3843666)
Itīs been a few years since I build the Strike Noir, so I probably remember it wrong. I build 5 Strike Gundams (Aile, 2 Launcher/Sword, IWSP and Noir), so I guess I mixed them up somehow. Still, my point stands ;)

@Appel: Where did you get the Hi-Nu from and how much did it cost you?

i got it at HLJ for 5600 yen plus 4320 yen for shipping. i also had to pay about 20€ customs taxes for it. right now they dont have it in stock anymore though, what a surprise XD
its not a cheap model... i only did it because i got paid for 1 1/2 month, otherwise i wouldnt have bought it.

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-11-05 17:26

I see. So all in all you paid only a little less then what gundam-online.de wants :( I was hoping there was a sale going on that I kind of missed. And of course itīs out of stock, as usual XD

Appel 2011-11-05 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3843729)
I see. So all in all you paid only a little less then what gundam-online.de wants :( I was hoping there was a sale going on that I kind of missed. And of course itīs out of stock, as usual XD

the MG Hi-Nu is selling like sliced bread, i have NEVER seen it on sale with a big discount before XD they dont need to do that to push its sales, the moment its in stock its sold out again :P it doesnt seem to have problems like the PG strike freedom which is ALWAYS in stock at HLJ and has been on a 40% discount pretty much ever since it was released...

MakubeX2 2011-11-05 18:12

The best incarnation of the Hi-Nu is, IMO, the HCM-Pro. Which is ironically the smallest at the scale of 1/200.

If there's any reason why it shines when placed aganist the MG, it's because it does eveything the MG can while having a beef-up proportion, requires no assembly and everything is at a cheaper price tag in a smaller packaging, so no worries about massive shipping charges.

Appel 2011-11-05 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3843790)
The best incarnation of the Hi-Nu is, IMO, the HCM-Pro. Which is ironically the smallest at the scale of 1/200.

If there's any reason why it shines when placed aganist the MG, it's because it does eveything the MG can while having a beef-up proportion, requires no assembly and everything is at a cheaper price tag in a smaller packaging, so no worries about massive shipping charges.

1/200? i dont even like 1/144^^ plus i prefer building models and not collecting assembled figures.

MakubeX2 2011-11-05 18:41

I'll just let people here decided which of the following is best suited for their taste :-

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7765/hinews.jpghttp://img40.imageshack.us/img40/176...4152225255.jpg

suiton629 2011-11-05 18:44

So does anyone suggest I get into getting the main MG's from the Seed and Seed Destiny series?

Butagami 2011-11-05 19:20

Just watched the Stargazer OVA. Strike Noir and the others look pretty awesome. Since they're pretty similar, Blu Duel and Verde Buster might possibly get a MG (going by how it looks here, they have fans). Since the GAT-X series is pretty much confirmed, I'll make my next wish for a Seed MG a bit more.... different. I nominate the Murasame. Or alternatively the Gaia (said it before, I know...) Not that I see that happening (at least not the Murasame) but still...
I kind of like the look of transformable units, so sleek. Maybe I'll buy a Delta Plus next (long-time thinking here, need to find a job first :heh:). I know, it's ankles are as weak as a teenage girl's knees at a twilight movie signing session, but still, that sexy armor...

@Nike: Well it's mostly if you like the designs, go for it. I've only built Freedom, and while it looks awesome, and I'm really happy with it, there are some minor things. It's pretty dated, has no pegs on the hand, so can't hold the rifle to save its life. And of course it has those awesome huge wings. Look stunning, heavy as shit. Therefore the torso bends backwards.
As for the others, Strike's older than freedom, so I expect the same issues (minus backheavy stuff). Maybe It'll get a 2.0 in all this Seedapalooza. SF and IJ look pretty awesome, going by Rrobbert184's review of them (IJ at least). Maybe you should wait a bit, to see what they make of the new MGs. Or are you really only into the lead suits?

@Makube: That looks pretty good. Still, like Appel, I'm more into model kits, it's nice to see it slowly come together (I've caught the MG-bug alright), gimmicks like sliding armor, just don't see that as possible in 1/200. And it would look underwhelming next to the others :P

@Appel: So going from a building/enginering perspective, which one was more fun/ better, 00 or 00Q? (Oh yeah, just posed 4 questions wrapped in one, hehe)

Appel 2011-11-05 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3843863)

@Appel: So going from a building/enginering perspective, which one was more fun/ better, 00 or 00Q? (Oh yeah, just posed 4 questions wrapped in one, hehe)

well, the main bodies of both of them are pretty much identical. what makes them different are the GN shield and the O raiser. and in that regard id say the O raiser was more fun to build because its actually just like a regular MG model.

MakubeX2 2011-11-05 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3843863)
@Makube: That looks pretty good. Still, like Appel, I'm more into model kits, it's nice to see it slowly come together (I've caught the MG-bug alright), gimmicks like sliding armor, just don't see that as possible in 1/200.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3052/pc1426281.jpghttp://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9602/pc1426341.jpg

Bandai can do amazing stuffs when they want to.

maknaedik 2011-11-05 21:12

I can't believe my dream this morning. Wishes of Nike actually came true, well some of them and I was like, "Ok, I'll spam it in threads and YT as well". But when I woke-up, of, it's only a damn dream, LOL!

So I thought they'll gonna be announcing new things today, but looking at it, it's actually still on November 12. The waiting time sucks

casval cehack 2011-11-05 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3843926)

That is indeed amazing. Too bad it's not on HLJ anymore. Still proves that small scale does not necessarily equate being inferior.