AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

srb 2006-09-08 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traks
I am not much a fan of the lights for Strike Freedom Lightening Edition, but Bandai did make major improvements on the proportions for the Strike Freedom. If you give the kit a good coat of paint for the part you do not want to light up and only clear coat, or candy paint, certain parts that you would want to light up (i.e. eyes and helmet lens), I'd say you would have a good looking model. Given, without the lights Bandai could have dropped the price about $30US and probably sold more kits to broad range of people, but then Bandai probably already had a demographic of who they wanted to sell the kit to.

Personally, I would have like to have seen Bandai release a master grade kit of the Strike Freedom before they released the 1/60 Lightening Edition.

While the proportions may be marginally better, it still doesn't look good and it has the engineering of a late 90's 1/144 kit in 1/60. When a 1/144 HG has more impressive construction and costs ten times less, you know it's just a marketing ploy.

As for the most anticipated MGs, I would really like a MG Gundam X.

Before that I would like HG GuAIZ, GuAIZ R, Strike Dagger, M1 Astray, Dagger L, Windam and DINN. :(

LightningZERO 2006-09-08 13:04

I don't really like the box art. Anyone can explain what is Ver Ka to me?

Traks 2006-09-08 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb
While the proportions may be marginally better, it still doesn't look good and it has the engineering of a late 90's 1/144 kit in 1/60. When a 1/144 HG has more impressive construction and costs ten times less, you know it's just a marketing ploy.

As for the most anticipated MGs, I would really like a MG Gundam X.

Before that I would like HG GuAIZ, GuAIZ R, Strike Dagger, M1 Astray, Dagger L, Windam and DINN. :(

As far as looks are consered, I can't argue personal preference of the Strike Freedon LE. As far as engineering conserned, I'd say it on par with any HG model that is produced today (based on the manual for the SF LE), even considering that it has wires running through the frame. And keep in mind, that is only a 1/60 scale model, not a PG or a MG.

Truthfully, the SF is far from being my favorite suit. I have 1/100 Destiny, Legend, I Justice (which I got at the Otakon for $15:p ), but not the Strike Freedom. Core-Works had a MG conversion for the SF but I will wait for a MG, maybey. And for a MG wish list I would like a MG Gerbera Tetra, MG Hi-Nu Gundam, MG V2 Assualt Buster, MG I Justice, and a MG Jagd Doga.

Tak 2006-09-08 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traks

Truthfully, the SF is far from being my favorite suit. I have 1/100 Destiny, Legend, I Justice (which I got at the Otakon for $15:p ), but not the Strike Freedom. Core-Works had a MG conversion for the SF but I will wait for a MG, maybey. And for a MG wish list I would like a MG Gerbera Tetra, MG Hi-Nu Gundam, MG V2 Assualt Buster, MG I Justice, and a MG Jagd Doga.

I myself am actually looking forward to the possibilities of a MG SAVIOR. IMO, its one of the finer CE suits. That and I also appreciate the original STRIKE/ROUGE, both had enormous customizable options.

- Tak (And should all else fail, try custom paint!)

RX-93 HI-NU 2006-09-08 13:23

Ver. Ka means its the Hajime Katoki redesign of the original.

Sety 2006-09-08 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO
I don't really like the box art. Anyone can explain what is Ver Ka to me?

Ver. Ka = Version Katoki.

Basically means a Hajime Katoki re-design, his main credits were designing the non-Gundam suits for Gundam Wing, all designs in Endless Waltz, Gundam Sentinel MS, Stardust Memory MS and 08th MS Team.

DarkWarrior 2006-09-08 13:41

MG Hi-Nu would be just.. wow. But realistically, I don't think it'll ever come out. There always seems to be rumors floating around, but nothing has ever materialized from it. My guess is that Bandai is going to continue with small UC Gundams for the MG line (F91, Crossbone, and then Victory I guess?) for the time being.

SNT1 2006-09-08 14:51

I actually wanted a MG Wing Zero Okawara over the WZC...but o well :D

thats MG SF is a matter of time I tell ya :love: :bash:

by the way, that crossbone MG (ive said many times):

SEXY.

srb 2006-09-08 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traks
As far as engineering conserned, I'd say it on par with any HG model that is produced today (based on the manual for the SF LE), even considering that it has wires running through the frame. And keep in mind, that is only a 1/60 scale model, not a PG or a MG.

No, it's not on par with any HG that is produced today, it's on par with a late 90's HG. The new HGUC Zaku I, Powered GM and the Blu Duel are all superior in terms of engineering with double-bendable arms and bendable wrists. It's a shoddy model.

nightbringer360 2006-09-08 18:26

SNT1 QFT

It is looking really nice, despite the fact that you don't get a Muramasa Blaster of some sort with it. Definitely on my to get list.

kct 2006-09-08 22:59

Actually, Crossbone does not need a Ver. Ka tag, because he originally designed the Crossbone anyway. So in other words, the original Crossbone is a Ver. Ka by itself >.> .

Katoki designed most, if not all the mobile suits in Crossbone <.< .

M_Flores 2006-09-08 23:07

MG V2AB - that would be the kit to end all kits O_O

duotiga 2006-09-08 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores
MG V2AB - that would be the kit to end all kits O_O


NOOO!!!! what about MSV????:upset: :heh:

duotiga 2006-09-08 23:28

more websites on Blu Duel

http://www.geocities.jp/hetare_d_max...G_BluDuel.html

http://www.geocities.jp/lifezoids/HGseed-44.htm

http://www.geocities.jp/hetare_d_max...G_BluDuel.html

Nightengale 2006-09-08 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores
1/60 PG Devil Colony Gundam - that would be the kit to end all kits O_O

Fixed. X______X

Tak 2006-09-09 00:07

LOL, why all the suden hype over the Blue Duel?

- Tak (Personally, I think the Saviour looks hot, but that may just be me)

SNT1 2006-09-09 00:29

The 1/12 350,000 yen-RX-78-2 pretty much lives up to the 'kit to end all kits' magnitude :heh:

and as for crossbone being a ver ka ver ka, remember, you can also build it into a crossbone kai kai, so its deffenly used to redundancy XD

M_Flores 2006-09-09 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale
Fixed. X______X


V_V;....................

I forgot about that.

GameraBaenre 2006-09-09 04:04

Just finished this:
Progress Page: http://www.gamerabaenre.com/shin_gyan_prog.htm
Completed Page: http://www.gamerabaenre.com/shin_gyan.htm
Sample pictures:
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/thumbnai...%20049_jpg.jpghttp://www.gamerabaenre.com/thumbnai...%20001_jpg.jpghttp://www.gamerabaenre.com/thumbnai...%20010_jpg.jpghttp://www.gamerabaenre.com/thumbnai...%20012_jpg.jpghttp://www.gamerabaenre.com/thumbnai...%20035_jpg.jpghttp://www.gamerabaenre.com/thumbnai...%20041_jpg.jpg

cyw1988 2006-09-09 05:04

MG crossbone is a kit that i am so looking forward to... Not only is this the 1st ever crossbone kit to be produced(not counting GFF as those are already completed), it is also an MG kit!!! How cool is that??? Anyway, if I were to pick only one destiny MS to be MGed, I'll go for Saviour. Firstly coz Athrun doesn't have an MG kit dedicated to him and 2ndly, I think Justice or I.Justice are simply too overrated.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.