AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Current Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   (L) Dragon Ball Super (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=135604)

Chosen_Hero 2015-07-06 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! (Post 5583871)
Remember when Mystic Gohan used to mean something? No? Me neither.

That's implying Mystic Gohan meant anything, a form that was waived of as a "Miscalculation" and was only good for one episode isn't a power up but a downgrade, personally I think that Gokus last time being awesome was during his fight with Freeza, after that they were just milking him to death.

The Green One 2015-07-06 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! (Post 5583871)
Remember when Gohan used to mean something? No? Me neither.

There we go.

ninjastarforcex 2015-07-06 03:25

what the fuck is mystic gohan

Gan_HOPE326 2015-07-06 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex (Post 5583930)
what the fuck is mystic gohan

It's Gohan when he got his power-up by the Old Kaioshin and went toe-to-toe with Super Buu without even turning into Super Saiyan. For a few, glorious hours he was the strongest in the universe, stronger than a SSJ3, just for Buu to absorb Gotenks and then him and that time be entirely forgotten and never mentioned again.

ninjastarforcex 2015-07-06 03:51

i'm pretty sure it's ultimate gohan

Mubyoshi 2015-07-06 04:02

whelp, lets see how many plotholes this one will have. now that im older, i now realize how terrible dbz was, but seeing as how i grew up with it, i just feel the need to watch it anyways.

Gan_HOPE326 2015-07-06 05:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex (Post 5583947)
i'm pretty sure it's ultimate gohan

Mystic Gohan is a commonly used expression for it. But I don't know if it's official or anything. I think I've seen it in some DBZ games though.

RDNexus 2015-07-06 07:04

It's Ultimate Gohan.

Gan_HOPE326 2015-07-06 07:40

Quote:

This power up is referred to as Mightiest Warrior in Daizenshuu 2, Super Gohan (Chou Gohan) in Daizenshuu 7, Strongest Warrior in Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors, Elder Kai's Unlock Ability in the Budokai series, Ultimate Gohan in the Budokai Tenkaichi series and the remastered Dragon Ball Z Kai series, and Mystic Gohan in FUNimation's booklet for the Dragon Ball Z Season 9 DVD.
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Gohan

There you go. It's just two of half a dozen names used for the form. The manga never gave it an official name so it's understandable there's this much confusion.

Mad Pierrot 2015-07-06 08:42

Enjoyed the first episode. Still I can't get used to Goku and Gohan's VA. I hope the animation won't get worse in the same way it happened to other shows. Also, I saw for a second in the credits "Toei Philips"

kagato3 2015-07-06 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanutbutter (Post 5583890)
What, 6 months? So Gohan and Videl already finished high school and got married by then??

They aren't married yet. Also Videl mentions Gohan studying so he may not have been out of high school yet either. But they are living together.

Psyco Diver 2015-07-06 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mubyoshi (Post 5583953)
whelp, lets see how many plotholes this one will have. now that im older, i now realize how terrible dbz was, but seeing as how i grew up with it, i just feel the need to watch it anyways.

Yep I'm on the same boat as you, I'm ready for 15 episodes at 30 minutes each to cover a "5 minute" fight lol

Gundamx 2015-07-06 11:16

About Goke being bad dad, True to be told, he start living alone at young age, and all his same age friend were monsters (Example Bulma and Krillin)

From Goklu point of view, Goten already an adult person.

ZGoten 2015-07-06 13:16

Well, the first episode wasn't terrible, so that's good. I think I prefered GT's beginning though.

Gundamx 2015-07-06 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZGoten (Post 5584416)
Well, the first episode wasn't terrible, so that's good. I think I prefered GT's beginning though.

It's good to have slice of life here and there because soon we will get:
Battle of God > training arc(Freeza movie fast skip it) > Freeza movie

By the way, do you mean dub or sub GT?
(Dub ignored half of early story in jump right in SS4 arc :heh:)

BladeMancer 2015-07-06 14:32

Can't wait until we get to the god form transformations. It seems the DBS is adhering to concepts from DB and DBZ, which is nice considering that I like DB better than DBZ (mixing those 2 together would create an awesome new flavor)

Psyco Diver 2015-07-06 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundamx (Post 5584329)
About Goke being bad dad, True to be told, he start living alone at young age, and all his same age friend were monsters (Example Bulma and Krillin)

From Goklu point of view, Goten already an adult person.

I think Dragon Ball Z Abridged handles Goku being a father the best, matter in fact I couldn't help but laugh when I saw him get excited to leave his family to go train

Samari 2015-07-06 15:18

First episode was okay, although it had a filler flavor to it. The preview for the second episode looks like it will be similar with Vegeta having an outing in civilian life. I just hope the plot of this entire arc gets the ball rolling sooner rather than later.

Vegard Aune 2015-07-06 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagato3 (Post 5584250)
They aren't married yet.

Yes they are. The dialogue is very clear on this and if you saw otherwise, then you've got a bad translation.
Quote:

悟飯にいちゃん ビーデルさんと結婚したんでしょ?
"kekkon shita". "got married". It's clearly already happened or else he wouldn't phrase it like that.

Kazu-kun 2015-07-06 16:41

If that's true, there's no way this is just a few months after Buu. Gohan was just a high-schooler during the Buu saga, and I seriously doubt he would get married so young. He even looks older in Super.