AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Ore no Imouto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119071)

Pellissier 2013-04-20 04:36

Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ore no Imouto (Season Two), Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

relentlessflame 2013-04-20 12:59

So after the last episode that was full of craziness and humour, this episode is more subdued and focuses on telling us Saori's backstory. While I think the show is most memorable when it relies more on its humour or on the core of Kirino and Kuroneko, I thought this episode was still pretty well done. The distance between Kaori and Saori was presented pretty well, and you start to understand why Saori is the way she is and where she got it from. Of course, everything wraps up pretty cleanly, so it has a bit of a "one-off" episode feel, but I think that's okay in terms of fleshing out the cast that were a bit less developed last season. Even though Saori always seemed like the sort of person who was organized and had it all together, you see why she still dons the glasses to give her the courage she might not otherwise have.

ion475 2013-04-20 13:42

As expected, the Saori episode this week...

1. Like the intro to this story in LN better. Just doesn't feel as "one-off" as this version.
2. くぎゅううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううう うううう
3. Shinya's role in Pretty Garden do reminds me of Kyousuke's role right now. But then, Kyousuke cosplaying Yami-no-Oji = ehh...don't know how to put it
4. Now, Kuroneko on the other hand...
5. And of course, Kiririn's "Kuroneko" cosplay.
6. Back to Kanata, if only Kanako is half of what her onee-chan is...
7. Last note, appearance of a certain maid if anyone even notice that...

Entravity 2013-04-20 14:31

Feels kind of random. I didn't really like it that much, but it's not terrible. It's just, awkward.

Soconfused 2013-04-20 14:43

I'm glad they got this out of the way early in the season. It was nice seeing Saori's back story, but I feel it's something that could of been done last season really. Next episode sounds like it should be great. I'm guessing on a blond blue eyed cocky American.

viperdk1 2013-04-20 14:44

Did seem slightly odd to suddenly go into Saori's back-story after the Ayase/Kirino episode last time out - but I will admit that I've wanted to see Saori without those funky glasses. She is cute.

That is all. :heh:

pagan poor 2013-04-20 14:57

Not reading the LN's, that was a nice backstory to Saorin. Kyousuke's reaction to her in the beginning was pretty funny. Finally, the gang seeing Saori in her ojou-sama glory.

Solafighter 2013-04-20 15:32

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
The right girl: The world is a village. As you all might remember, she was the waitress in the restaurant, who waited Kousaka back on the first offline meeting(and showed Kousaka some neat doushinji on the comiket :D).

Kanata: If one coincidence happens, another one is very near. I wonder, if she is the bigger sister of Kanako. They look alike, somehow.

miroku2192 2013-04-20 15:54

This episode's content kind of caught me off guard, but definitely glad we got to see her without her megane on. Interesting back story, really enjoyed it! Even if it kind of felt out of place!

Rising Dragon 2013-04-20 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solafighter (Post 4645484)
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
The right girl: The world is a village. As you all might remember, she was the waitress in the restaurant, who waited Kousaka back on the first offline meeting(and showed Kousaka some neat doushinji on the comiket :D).

She was also the announcer at the Meruru cosplay contest.

DorkingtonPugsly 2013-04-20 16:23

Saori without glasses, finally. How long have I waited for this? Way too long. :heh:
I didn't really think this episode was awkward or out of place, in fact it was pretty nice. But maybe that's just my inner fanboy coming through and neglecting all the negatives.

And yeah I didn't realize we've already seen her a lot, haha. I was wondering why she said oni-chan... I guess she does a lot of oddjobs around the otaku culture and lives off of that.

kentasaiba 2013-04-20 16:24

nice episode, even without the kanako/brigdet thing. Hope next ep is also from LN.

Flying Dagger 2013-04-20 16:48

I think the only good part of this episode is young Saori and Saori sans glasses.

The story itself feels rather rushed. The lead in feels poorly done (just the three seeing Saori in her real form) which takes away the immersion into the story.

Spoiler for Comparison to the LN:

6/10. Below expectation but cute Saori scored some points. Would love to hear opinion of more non-LN readers.

Kanon 2013-04-20 17:29

Saori's backstory was not exactly what I expected. She really was a (shy) oujo-sama before she got introduced to otakudom. Well, she still is when she isn't using her Bajeena persona. She was adorable as a kid and looks very pretty without the glasses. I hope the day she doesn't need them anymore comes very soon. It's a crime to hide these beautiful eyes.

I'm dreading the next episode, since it looks like it will focus on Kirino. If even that one managed to be good however, then maybe I'll be able to enjoy this season fully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Dagger (Post 4645562)
Spoiler for Comparison to the LN:

As a non-LN reader, I thought this episode managed to convey that just fine. It's obvious the group is extremely important to Saori and that she would never want it to fall apart like her sister's circle did.

DXMichael 2013-04-20 17:36

Saori without glasses! *Jumps for joy*

relentlessflame 2013-04-20 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4645596)
As a non-LN reader, I thought this episode managed to convey that just fine. It's obvious the group is extremely important to Saori and that she would never want it to fall apart like her sister's circle did.

I would also agree that, considering the anime on its own, this point is sufficiently conveyed. You have to connect-the-dots a bit (the flashbacks helped fill those gaps), but I think it's not beyond reason to see the connection. It's obvious that her friends are very important to her, and she wants to do a better job than her sister did (although I do think she was a bit surprised at how easily her sister could "get the band back together").

HandofFate 2013-04-20 18:24

Good episode, Saori really needed this characterization episode.
Always felt she was the most mature and nurturing of the group, and that her and Kyosuke would make a good grown up pair, compared to the other two 'kids' in the group.

wow, Saori grew up hugely tall FAST.

Towering over her older sister even.

Who's the loli of the older sister's group and what book does she write?

Rising Dragon 2013-04-20 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandofFate (Post 4645637)
Who's the loli of the older sister's group and what book does she write?

The redhead? Given her character design and the fact she mentioned she had a little sister, plus her calling herself Kanakana-chan, my bet is that she's Kanako's older sister. As for the book she writes... well, judging by the character designs and recognition of Ruri's outfit... my guess is that she wrote Maschera. That'd prove hilarious if Ruri found out.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-04-20 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4645641)
The redhead? Given her character design and the fact she mentioned she had a little sister, plus her calling herself Kanakana-chan, my bet is that she's Kanako's older sister. As for the book she writes... well, judging by the character designs and recognition of Ruri's outfit... my guess is that she wrote Maschera. That'd prove hilarious if Ruri found out.

Kugimiya Rie as the older sister of Tamura Yukari :eek:?! I don't know how to feel :eyespin:

Rising Dragon 2013-04-20 19:56

Well at least she's not a tsundere, right? Given how Rie's tsunderes turn out...