AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Knight's and Magic [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=124024)

amatsunagi 2014-01-12 14:44

Knight's and Magic [Light Novel]
 
Original Title : ナイツ&マジック
Alternative Title: Knight's and Magic
Author : Amazake No Hisago (天酒之瓢)
Illustrator : Kurogin (黒銀)
Publisher : Hero Bunko
Status : 3 volumes, ongoing.
Web Novel: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n3556o/
Status: 5 arcs, ongoing

Introducing another out-of-radar series!



Summary: A mecha otaku is reincarnated into another world as Ernesti Echevalier (Eru). In this world, exist huge humanoid weapon known as Silhouette Knight. Dreaming of piloting those robots, Eru, with childhood friends, Archid Walter and Adeltrud Walter: together they will aim to become Knight Runner, pilot of Silhoutte Knight.

For those who likes magic and mecha battle and OP protagonist. Mecha design reminds me to Vanguard Bandits, a title of PSX game (boy, I love that game). By the way, this series can be a little bit tedious with explanation and explanation. for those who expected any romance or harem, sorry, but you will not find it on this one.

kokolores 2014-01-12 18:37

Is that a main character a boy or a girl? I'm like 99% sure it's a girl, but that 1% tells me it might be a trap after all.

dragon1412 2014-01-12 19:53

I highly suspected our MC is a trap

amatsunagi 2014-01-13 02:23

Eru is a cute beautiful......boy!! His appearance is inherited from his kind mother, and his sharp eyes (Color is like his mother) is inherited from his father.

dragon1412 2014-01-13 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by amatsunagi (Post 4974806)
Eru is a cute beautiful......boy!! His appearance is inherited from his kind mother, and his sharp eyes (Color is like his mother) is inherited from his father.

As expected ;)

cloud04 2014-01-13 04:39

vol 3 poses like a girl vol 2 smile like a girl....i dont believe you D:

Darth Fanta 2014-01-13 04:44

It's a trap!

amatsunagi 2014-01-13 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud04 (Post 4974896)
vol 3 poses like a girl vol 2 smile like a girl....i dont believe you D:

hahaha, my radar said you better start believing :D
And by the way, He is still 10 years old as of vol 3. He is not only cute, he is strong and smart as well
Spoiler:

Darth Fanta 2014-01-13 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by amatsunagi (Post 4974972)
hahaha, my radar said you better start believing :D
And by the way, He is still 10 years old as of vol 3. He is not only cute, he is strong and smart as well
Spoiler:

So, how come IT'S dressed like a girl. The boots he wears look like thigh high socks !

amatsunagi 2014-01-13 08:07

If Eru-chan hear you, he will pout and said, "so rude! even I would cry hearing that"
Anyway, as for the clothes he wears... well it's just suit him, so no problem, right? ;)

Darth Fanta 2014-01-13 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by amatsunagi (Post 4975062)
If Eru-chan hear you, he will pout and said, "so rude! even I would cry hearing that"
Anyway, as for the clothes he wears... well it's just suit him, so no problem, right? ;)

So, he just likes to cross dress?

SineMora 2014-01-13 08:53

Reminds me of Candidate for the Goddess

amatsunagi 2014-01-13 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthfanta (Post 4975075)
So, he just likes to cross dress?

Err nope, it's just, well, he wears what fits him. :heh:

BW95 2014-01-13 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by amatsunagi (Post 4975194)
Err nope, it's just, well, he wears what fits him. :heh:

My head hurts. Guyirl's design kinda reminds me of Quenser from Heavy Object.

Personality? Is he recognized for his achievements?

amatsunagi 2014-01-13 11:12

Just think that clothes are for its efficiency and lightness.

Personality wise, Eru...loves robot! mecha otaku to the core, all he thinks are about mecha mecha and mecha. Clever and reliable, also calm and collected. The type to smile a devil smile with angel face, sending a shiver towards everyone who is surprised by his intelligence. When in battle, he is like child playing with toys, often utter words like: "don't disappoint me..." and after a few minutes, "what? it's already ended?", in other words a battle junkie.

His nickname (more like, his Silhouette Knight nickname) The Fierce God.

No, because he is still a child. A child making an astounding achievement like that would shame the knights face. The knights face, is the country face, so it is decided that the truth didn't revealed. Eru didn't complain, he said, he already gets to pilot a Silhouette Knight and that's enough for him.

kokolores 2014-01-13 16:25

So this is going to be one of those stories where the protagonists complains all the time about being mistaken for a girl and yet refuses to get a haircut and start dressing in a less effeminate way?

amatsunagi 2014-01-14 06:30

no, he did not complain, since he already getting used to it (Getting mistaken as girl, not like he cares though other than his height). Besides, It's a gift from his mother you know? Trap is ultimate!

This is a bout the story of developing the greatest Silhouette Knight, and facing many great consequences from the new weapon, e.g. war using those newly developed weapon etc.
Oh I know, something similar to this: Gundam?

Darth Fanta 2014-01-14 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by amatsunagi (Post 4976239)
no, he did not complain, since he already getting used to it (Getting mistaken as girl, not like he cares though other than his height). Besides, It's a gift from her mother you know? Trap is ultimate!

This is a bout the story of developing the greatest Silhouette Knight, and facing many great consequences from the new weapon, e.g. war using those newly developed weapon etc.
Oh I know, something similar to this: Gundam?

So it's really a girl?

amatsunagi 2014-01-15 06:27

^
fueee~~ I mistyped that! >.<
Anyway, Eru is a boy, a normal human as well

Mars Mode 2014-01-16 01:16

Does he remember his past life? And does he helps his friends in some way?

ReinZwei 2014-01-16 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud04 (Post 4974896)
vol 3 poses like a girl vol 2 smile like a girl....i dont believe you D:

*slap*

So that you'll accept reality from not :D [even though I myself thought she I mean he was a girl when I saw the cover on ranobe's site before :frustrated: ]

amatsunagi 2014-01-16 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars Mode (Post 4978442)
Does he remember his past life? And does he helps his friends in some way?

- Yes, he remember his past live very clearly (when talking to himself, or doing a monologue, he speaks in kansai dialect). In eru past life, he's a programmer.

- Eru meets with Archid on one night when Eru was jogging on rooftops. Archid thought Eru was interesting, and the next time he met him, he ask Eru to teach him magic. The day, Archid brought his little twin sister Adeltrud. Both learn magic under Eru tutelage and became his best friends. By the way, at that time, they're still 5 years old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReinZwei (Post 4978456)
*slap*

So that you'll accept reality from not :D [even though I myself thought she I mean he was a girl when I saw the cover on ranobe's site before :frustrated: ]

TRAP IS ULTIMATE!! :D

BW95 2014-01-16 09:53

I don't really see the point of this whole reincarnation stuff.

amatsunagi 2014-01-16 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by BW95 (Post 4978709)
I don't really see the point of this whole reincarnation stuff.

Cheating power?

BW95 2014-01-16 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by amatsunagi (Post 4978792)
Cheating power?

How so? Do you mean mental maturity? Wait. Was this guy aware of his previous life the moment he was born?

Libros 2014-01-16 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by BW95 (Post 4978794)
How so? Do you mean mental maturity? Wait. Was this guy aware of his previous life the moment he was born?

..Wow. That would just be..awkward to say the least.:eyespin:

BW95 2014-01-16 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libros (Post 4978834)
..Wow. That would just be..awkward to say the least.:eyespin:

Yeah. I always thought this reincarnation stuff was awkward from then moment I read Shaman King.

amatsunagi 2014-01-16 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by BW95 (Post 4978794)
How so? Do you mean mental maturity? Wait. Was this guy aware of his previous life the moment he was born?

uh huh... I haven't mentioned it? :confused:

this type of setting about "reincarnation" or "Transmigration" IMO is done with the intent for the protagonist to have a better life or to have a better use of his / her "potential". Then again, just think of the protagonist playing a new game+ with added bonus.

BW95 2014-01-16 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by amatsunagi (Post 4979034)
uh huh... I haven't mentioned it? :confused:

this type of setting about "reincarnation" or "Transmigration" IMO is done with the intent for the protagonist to have a better life or to have a better use of his / her "potential". Then again, just think of the protagonist playing a new game+ with added bonus.

With a trap body, which makes things super weird. You said he was a programmer in his previous life. Did that really come in handy in his new life?

Are there others who were reincarnated?

Are you sure there's no romance at ALL?

amatsunagi 2014-01-16 20:32

- The way of magic in this world is called Script (Virtually processed in every living being by something called Magius Circuit), resembling that to a programming language. Eru customize his Script with his own style, making his magic far more efficient.
- Nope, only him
- There's slight romance, but just as trivia, I guess? I mean, the pairing just work out along with the story.

BW95 2014-01-16 20:38

Lucky him. How old was he when he died in his previous life? Does anyone else know about his reincarnation?

Are there any human enemies besides behemoths? No dirty politics? Arrogant nobles?

Eru always gets his due credit for his achievements so he's riding the gravy train with biscuit wheels? I don't really see what challenging problems he could face.

Kioras 2014-01-16 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by amatsunagi (Post 4979279)
- The way of magic in this world is called Script (Virtually processed in every living being by something called Magius Circuit), resembling that to a programming language. Eru customize his Script with his own style, making his magic far more efficient.
- Nope, only him
- There's slight romance, but just as trivia, I guess? I mean, the pairing just work out along with the story.

If magic is logic based, a modern programer would have a significant advantage. While someone like a logician, a classical philosopher or a lawyer would also hold an advantage a skilled programmer would have a larger advantage simply because of the size and variety of the code they would be used to working with. He might also be able to write closer to the metal (the magic circuit) compared to most other mages.

As far as romance goes, isn't he like 10 in the novel? Still pretty young, probably waiting a few years before he has to worry about those hormones again.

He might not care much about looking like a girl, maybe because he already has memories of himself when he was an older and successful programmer in japan he is comfortable in his masculinity? Besides from what was spoilered he is acknowledged by the Kingdom's knights, such success might make him not care about such minor things.

I would expect that when he gets older, and is of age to 'graduate' into a fully known knight all his past achievements would be revealed and he would be celebrated as a once in a lifetime Genius after the fact. The knights would not be currently compared to a now 10 year old kid but instead to a 16 or 18 year old master.

Sounds interesting but likely another one that won't get translated due to the amount of work that needs to go into translation.

amatsunagi 2014-01-17 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by BW95 (Post 4979287)
Lucky him. How old was he when he died in his previous life? Does anyone else know about his reincarnation?

Are there any human enemies besides behemoths? No dirty politics? Arrogant nobles?

Eru always gets his due credit for his achievements so he's riding the gravy train with biscuit wheels? I don't really see what challenging problems he could face.

- was it 29? I forgot
Spoiler for Heavy spoiler:

HasNoLove 2014-01-17 01:23

no english version yet? eager to read tis novel right now..
====\


on 3rd's web novel, kinda pain in ass when using GT, but WORTH..!!
.
now, i must thinking how to make GT's still workin even tho my connection kinda low...

Netto Azure 2014-06-24 19:11

With Mushoku Tensei and Re:Monster being translated...I'm just waiting for this gem.

SineMora 2014-06-25 06:42

THIS IS A MASTERPIECE!!!
Anyone translating it?

Kyosuke_Nanbu 2014-06-25 07:52

If the King don't know how to build Ether Reactor then who has the knowledge?

alexmustdie 2014-06-25 08:03

A little bit of pictures from the series :)
Spoiler:

Kerfirou 2014-06-25 08:36

...Yeah, he really looks like a girl, doesn't he?

I wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be Watarase Jun class trap later on.

SineMora 2014-06-25 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexmustdie (Post 5162181)
A little bit of pictures from the series :)
Spoiler:

HE'S A FRIGGIN' LANDMINE!!!
Heck his friend is looks more boyish than him, and he's at the level of his female friend...

Demn Gunblades they are...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.